U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2010, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnot View Post
It's a shame that other thread regarding Father Patrick Bascio's book was shut down.....I'm fairly new to this forum and was tickled to see his name....

Thing is, on the matter of illegal immigration, I believe Father Bascio is MORE qualified and credible than Ms. Palin......If you'll read Father Bascio's book (approx. $12 on Amazon.com), you'll see that he has an extensive, worldwide CV (which DOES include US political policy positions), and has done the research; he's LIVED it. He's not just pulling this stuff out of his hat. Also, he's not "preaching", just stating the facts, including it being the responsibility of ALL churches (not just the Catholic church) to watch after the welfare (as in faring-well) of US citizens and legal residents. He includes the drug trade....education systems....ever heard of "brain drain"??

He's credible and concerned and the book is current. As soon as I log off here, I'll be ordering my second copy (first copy has pages marked up to highlight talking points, notes all over, pages turned down......). Patrick Bascio has a common sense reference book here and everyone concerned about the illegal alien threat to this country (economically, socially and physically) should read it and share with others.

Besides, I lost what little respect I had for Palin when she recently endorsed Ron Paul's son Rand.....and don't even mention Lou Dob(gag)bs to me now.....sigh......
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnot View Post
It's a shame that other thread regarding Father Patrick Bascio's book was shut down.....I'm fairly new to this forum and was tickled to see his name....

Thing is, on the matter of illegal immigration, I believe Father Bascio is MORE qualified and credible than Ms. Palin......If you'll read Father Bascio's book (approx. $12 on Amazon.com), you'll see that he has an extensive, worldwide CV (which DOES include US political policy positions), and has done the research; he's LIVED it. He's not just pulling this stuff out of his hat. Also, he's not "preaching", just stating the facts, including it being the responsibility of ALL churches (not just the Catholic church) to watch after the welfare (as in faring-well) of US citizens and legal residents. He includes the drug trade....education systems....ever heard of "brain drain"??

He's credible and concerned and the book is current. As soon as I log off here, I'll be ordering my second copy (first copy has pages marked up to highlight talking points, notes all over, pages turned down......). Patrick Bascio has a common sense reference book here and everyone concerned about the illegal alien threat to this country (economically, socially and physically) should read it and share with others.

Besides, I lost what little respect I had for Palin when she recently endorsed Ron Paul's son Rand.....and don't even mention Lou Dob(gag)bs to me now.....sigh......

Father Bascio...On a tour of Halem NY
I suddenly notice...no Black men working in the shops, the workers there were Latinos. Illegal Latinos, taking their jobs, under cutting wages... If a young black man cant get a job in Harlem where is He gonna find a job in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2010, 08:37 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Father Bascio...On a tour of Halem NY
I suddenly notice...no Black men working in the shops, the workers there were Latinos. Illegal Latinos, taking their jobs, under cutting wages... If a young black man cant get a job in Harlem where is He gonna find a job in America.
Sad how far this has gone isn't it? I have faith in any man being able to find any job anywhere if the illegals would just go home and leave the work to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 204,942 times
Reputation: 44
Its a shame these people are so against American citzens working to support their own family and more for bringing in as many hispanics as possible to get in office. If they were to legalize all the illegals here, a year or 2 from now when the rate of illegals is up again theyll want to legalize them too. Might as well make Mexico part of the U.S. save us all the greif and trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2010, 05:27 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Sad how far this has gone isn't it? I have faith in any man being able to find any job anywhere if the illegals would just go home and leave the work to us.
I wonder if the Whites in Harlem said that when the Italians and the Jews moved in...

I wonder if the Italians and Jews in harlem said that when the blacks started moving in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I wonder if the Whites in Harlem said that when the Italians and the Jews moved in...

I wonder if the Italians and Jews in harlem said that when the blacks started moving in...
Irrelevant: all of the above parties in question were here legally----------which does not apply to illegal aliens who are nothing more than common criminals.

BTW: (virtually) all Italians and Jews are also White----------in fact; they would be counted as Anglos here in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I wonder if the Whites in Harlem said that when the Italians and the Jews moved in...

I wonder if the Italians and Jews in harlem said that when the blacks started moving in...
What has any of this to do with illegal immigration into our country today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What has any of this to do with illegal immigration into our country today?
Absolutely nothing. After all, there is no justification for illegal immigration. None whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicar View Post
absolutely nothing. After all, there is no justification for illegal immigration. None whatsoever.
period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely nothing. After all, there is no justification for illegal immigration. None whatsoever.
Unless you: Use them as an illegal labor source, are related to them or simply want to see Americans on the lower rungs of our economic classes suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top