Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:00 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
a loving act of civil disobedience ????

Am I missing something here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It absolutely stuns and appalls me that the illegal aliens are not only allowed but encouraged to "hijack' the Civil Rights movement to their own cause.

That the NAACP leaders etc can even begin to believe these two causes compare is obscene.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry for the delay, my tummy called.

I can’t speak for all, but I believe some blacks honestly believe they have a moral obligation to support the downtrodden given our history in this country. I don’t happen to share their belief. Others have simply been brainwashed.

As for some officials of the NAACP, I believe they are capitalizing off of the latest cash cow, even to the detriment of blacks who are suffering as a result of illegal immigration. For some, money trumps all. They certainly do not represent all members of the NAACP.

There are many blacks in this country who share my disgust with the so-called black leadership. Sadly, these black organizations fail to realize the same illegals they so eagerly support, will be the first to call them the “N” word once they have accomplished their goal. They are being used, period.
Thanks for your perspective on this, Benicar.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Thanks for your perspective on this, Benicar.
You’re quite welcome. Actually, the only blacks I have encountered who actually support illegal immigration, are the bleeding hearts here on City Data. If it could be reversed, I would like to see amnesty passed just long enough for them to realize how thoroughly they have been duped. Illegals don’t give a damn about blacks anymore than they do whites or any other citizens of this country. They only want what will benefit them, by any means necessary.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,308 times
Yes, thank you Benicar. Expanded knowledge is always welcomed when trying to form a fair opinion.

So many ways and degrees of exploitation, you would think the NAACP would be especially wary of it due to the hard work they have done for Black Americans. But as stated, money talks. And true, illegal has no color.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Some Blacks may still hold it against Whites because of Slavery. In some ways(not all) I can understand that.

But how can the "Civil Rights Movement" be compared with "Illegal" Immigration"?

Don't get me wrong. With the demand for "cheap labor" there's been time I've looked at "illegal Immigration" as some "modern day Slavery". But there are so many differences.
I think the Hispanics are trying to paint it as if it was no different than Slavery.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They should be receiving a very special unwelcome from ICE. I get so sick of illegal aliens being compared to blacks and the Civil Rights Movement. The NAACP must be in dire need of contributions.
Albany leaders welcome "dream walkers" to Georgia - WALB.com News, Weather and Sports for Albany, Valdosta and Thomasville. Leading the way for South Georgia. |
I strongly suspect the election of President Obama dealt the NAACP a death blow---------much like the election of Kennedy 50 years previous which effectly killed the most of the prejudice/hostility against people of Irish Catholic lineage.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Yes, thank you Benicar. Expanded knowledge is always welcomed when trying to form a fair opinion.

So many ways and degrees of exploitation, you would think the NAACP would be especially wary of it due to the hard work they have done for Black Americans. But as stated, money talks. And true, illegal has no color.
Quote:
According to KFI, a group of activists marched in front of Maxine Waters' office in South L.A. yesterday. The march concerned immigration.

But, since they were African-Americans and were opposed to her support for illegal immigration and they claim she's turned her back on her constituents, you probably won't read too much about that.
Activists protest Maxine Waters over illegal immigration; NAACP

Quote:
The Congressional Black Caucus has also been absent on this issue, but I suppose we can forgive their timidity. Many members of the CBC have large Latino populations in their districts and must tread lightly when it comes to the issue of immigration. The district of Maxine Waters (D-LA) for instance is home to one hundred thousand more Latino residents than Black residents. Similarly, Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) represents an almost equal number of Black and Latino voters. The NAACP, however, suffers no such burden. It seems plain that an organization that purports to be for the advancement of “Colored People” should be out front in advocating immigration policy that makes sense for a Black community that is growing increasingly frustrated at being displaced by workers who are in the country illegally, consuming jobs and services, and more significantly accumulating political clout.

To sit quietly on the sidelines waiting to see how things shake out is not irresponsible leadership. It is an absence of leadership.
EURweb.com - Black Entertainment | Black News | Urban News | Hip Hop News | Black Entertainment (http://eurweb.com/story/eur25842.cfm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration