U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

trea⋅son
  /ˈtrizən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tree-zuhn] Show IPA –noun 1.the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.2.a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.3.the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

also known as a traitor.

So, 2. - Are they Americans? Then they are in fact guilty of treason. Are they Mexicans? Why are they in an American system pledging allegiance to another country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2010, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Newark, NJ
341 posts, read 572,075 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not quite so fast: the pendulum of public opinion is starting to swing against this multiculturalism nonsense..........and fast.
I have listened to people of your ilk say the same thing that you posted above (and thousand other times) for about 20 years now. The Mexican and other Latino population has only continued to grow exponentially in those years, now outnumbering African-Americans. Get over your narrow-minded xenophobia and realize that native Spanish speakers will outnumber English speakers in about 20 more years. I say this only to be realistic. Your posts claiming that the US government is on the verge of deporting illegal immigrants "En Masse" only serve to prove how disconnected and insular your existence is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 09:52 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
One of the clues here is "AND" subject to the jurisdiction thereof which implies there is more than one criteria to meet birthright citizenship qualification.
"And" is a coupler meaning two...

(1) being "born" in the United States; (2) and under the jurisdiction there of...

referring back the the Person Born on U S soil...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
An oath of allegiance is only necessary for citizenship status for immigrants. Thus, those born on U.S. soil to U.S. citizens are exempt. However, as previously stated, illegal aliens have taken no such oath, and therefore owe no allegiance to this country.
That maybe so, but that is no part of the 14th amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes it is but even without an amnesty there have been far too many anchors born of the Hispanic persuasion that will be entitled to remain here or will return here at a later date. They can sponsor their parents and other relatives to come here when they reach adulthood thus the demographic transformation.

I do agree with so many on here have said. Seems the Hispanic population has come to know our Government pretty good, thus this is why they have so many children, born here i would say, they know our system pretty good. How can we change it. This has been going on for way too long. But where does one start. I have Mexican neighbors on one side of me. They have 4 children of their own. But there is 3 other familes living in there home, that our Illegal, they seem to have no problem with this in any way. I do. Does not seem that any time soon, there realtives have plans on becoming U.S. Citizens. And i happen to know that this does go on in other States, my realtives have told me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
I have listened to people of your ilk say the same thing that you posted above (and thousand other times) for about 20 years now. The Mexican and other Latino population has only continued to grow exponentially in those years, now outnumbering African-Americans. Get over your narrow-minded xenophobia and realize that native Spanish speakers will outnumber English speakers in about 20 more years. I say this only to be realistic. Your posts claiming that the US government is on the verge of deporting illegal immigrants "En Masse" only serve to prove how disconnected and insular your existence is.
No; you are the one who is not facing reality. Remember those illegal 'immigrants rights' marches back in May 2006? That series of events enraged many Americans (including myself) who would not have been averse to a limited amnesty, including DREAMies. The damage has been done and the ripples are spreading.

As for your comment about native Spanish speakers outnumbering native English ones within one generation; the math simply does not add up. There are maybe 40 million Hispanics (legal or not) whose first tongue is Spanish------against over 230 million Americans whose first language is English.

Factor in those ca. 20 million Spanish speakers who are here illegally (including their Anchor Babies) who are being forced out of the USA........your thinking is wishful at best about English being demoted in the USA. If anything; the odds are growing that we will wind up owning at least northern Mexico before long which will spell the death knell of Hispanic culture being significant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
I have listened to people of your ilk say the same thing that you posted above (and thousand other times) for about 20 years now. The Mexican and other Latino population has only continued to grow exponentially in those years, now outnumbering African-Americans. Get over your narrow-minded xenophobia and realize that native Spanish speakers will outnumber English speakers in about 20 more years. I say this only to be realistic. Your posts claiming that the US government is on the verge of deporting illegal immigrants "En Masse" only serve to prove how disconnected and insular your existence is.
And please pray tell why you aren't up in arms as an American that this Hispanic takeover is directly due to illegal immigration from south of our border? Hispanic citizens are of course contributing to our population growth by virtue of their births also but they couldn't become the majority in this country without illegal immigration fueling that growth. It is those like you that would have a fit if Anglos tookover Mexico by an illegal invasion, however. Would you view yourself as being xenophobic for making that objection or is there a double standard here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
"And" is a coupler meaning two...

(1) being "born" in the United States; (2) and under the jurisdiction there of...

referring back the the Person Born on U S soil...
No, I disagree with you assessment of the word "and". It means there are two requirements to meet birthright citizenship. One of them is subject to jurisdiction and that is where the "and" comes into play. If just being born on our soil were the only requirement then there wouldn't have been any need to add "and" subject to the jurisdiction thereof because one would automatically become a citizen by birth without that added clause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 01:08 PM
 
Location: central Oregon
1,856 posts, read 2,026,086 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
When did you take your oath?
My parents were born in the US as were most of my grandparents. I guess I took my oath on the first day of kindergarten when I pledged allegiance to the flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Newark, NJ
341 posts, read 572,075 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No; you are the one who is not facing reality. Remember those illegal 'immigrants rights' marches back in May 2006? That series of events enraged many Americans (including myself) who would not have been averse to a limited amnesty, including DREAMies. The damage has been done and the ripples are spreading.

As for your comment about native Spanish speakers outnumbering native English ones within one generation; the math simply does not add up. There are maybe 40 million Hispanics (legal or not) whose first tongue is Spanish------against over 230 million Americans whose first language is English.

Factor in those ca. 20 million Spanish speakers who are here illegally (including their Anchor Babies) who are being forced out of the USA........your thinking is wishful at best about English being demoted in the USA. If anything; the odds are growing that we will wind up owning at least northern Mexico before long which will spell the death knell of Hispanic culture being significant.
I am going to call off any further debate with Mr. ArizonaBear because, for one reason or another, he seems to live in some sort of alternate reality where he thinks mass deportations are not only possible but on the verge of happening. Where one stands on this issue aside, any sane thinking person knows that will never happen anywhere in the near future. I could go through the reasons why one by one but I will not because I have a feeling that Mr. ArizonaBear secretly knows that his thinking is wishful at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And please pray tell why you aren't up in arms as an American that this Hispanic takeover is directly due to illegal immigration from south of our border? Hispanic citizens are of course contributing to our population growth by virtue of their births also but they couldn't become the majority in this country without illegal immigration fueling that growth. It is those like you that would have a fit if Anglos tookover Mexico by an illegal invasion, however. Would you view yourself as being xenophobic for making that objection or is there a double standard here?
I am not up in arms about undocumented immigration from Mexico because I welcome our hermanos and hermanas from the south with open arms. They have benefitted this country immensely, politically, cultutally, and economically. Why do you assume that I would be up in arms if England attacked Mexico? That is what you mean by Anglos right? You must because a significant portion of the ground soldiers in the US military that would be doing so-called invasion are African-Americans and what you like to call "anchor babies." Are you OK with all the "anchor babies" who are fighting for you in Iraq and Afghanistan?

You seem to split American citizens up between Latinos and Anglos. You also lump all Latinos together and frequently associate them with undocumented immigrants as you did with your "Hispanic takeover" statement. Do you mean American citizen Hispanics or just illegal Mexicans. Your xenophobia shows clearly. It must be difficult for you to try and constantly hide it through editing yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top