U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here is one fraud situation that could occur with only requiring one parent to be a citizen or legal resident. Pregnant illegal or would be mom pays American citizen to marry her so her child gains automatic citizenship. In the first scenario the American is not the father of the baby. Would a DNA test be required to determine if the American is really the father of the baby? In scenario two illegal marries an American for the purpose of gaining birthright citzenship for her future child. Either way we have an open window for fraud.
Of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:01 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,236,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It so cracks me up to hear the Pro-Illegals squawk about how our laws are so "wrong" and that they need modified until, of course, we talk about the 14th, then they are quite alright with it and bellow about how it can't be changed.
It goes to show how much they actually know about what they're talking about.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:54 PM

341 posts, read 573,613 times
[quote=mommylee963;12959519]
Quote:
SO THAT THEY CAN LAY AROUND AND BE LAZY?!?! and STEAL our identity so that we not only have to pay for them to live off of aid and but also to ruine our credit and swindle our country out of money. Its called stealing.
You are wrong here. The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that it is not identity theft when an undocumented immigrant makes up a Social Security number and uses it with his/her own name.

Supreme Court rules against government in immigration identity-theft case - Los Angeles Times

Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,032,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post

You are wrong here. The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that it is not identity theft when an undocumented immigrant makes up a Social Security number and uses it with his/her own name.

Supreme Court rules against government in immigration identity-theft case - Los Angeles Times
We know.

All they have to do now is say "but I didn't know it belonged to anyone" and they are let go.
Let an American try that and see if they can give the same answer with the same results.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,141,899 times
[quote=El Dakar;12962040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post

When the illegal criminal alien uses one he knows to be of another's then he is guilty: "SO THAT THEY CAN LAY AROUND AND BE LAZY?!?! and STEAL our identity so that we not only have to pay for them to live off of aid and but also to ruine our credit and swindle our country out of money. Its called stealing."

Otherwise, it is criminal fraud. Oh but who cares about fraud????!!!

Exactly, tulani, let me try that. I forgot, I am an American citizen, can't get away with that!!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,032,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It so cracks me up to hear the Pro-Illegals squawk about how our laws are so "wrong" and that they need modified until, of course, we talk about the 14th, then they are quite alright with it and bellow about how it can't be changed.
This is something I think about a lot when I hear the pro side go on about the immigration laws being so unjust.
Only the laws that work in their favor are laws worth upholding.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:

But of course they never use another's SS# knowingly, do they? They just make them all up.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post

From the above article.

Quote:
People who use false documents can be jailed, the court said. But they cannot be convicted of the more serious crime of "aggravated identity theft" without proof that they knew the identification number belonged to someone else, the court ruled unanimously.
Said illegal alien is still in danger of having his butt thrown in prison.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,236,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
From the above article.

Said illegal alien is still in danger of having his butt thrown in prison.
IMO. Using a SS# and knowing for a fact that "IT'S NOT YOURS!" would more than qualify.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 PM

183 posts, read 205,597 times
Quote:

No Im not wrong the surpreme court is wrong. you are talking about the same court that has a hispanic judge and rules for illegals and against citizens right? Just because their idiocy claims one way does not make it right. Let me make up a credit card number and use it see if they pin me with the charges or the person whose number it matches. So I have to pay for the jerk who stole my identity its crap social security numbers, credit cards, and those that are able to steal SSI checks and cash them yet its our fault for not protecting ourselves?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or