Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 PM

341 posts, read 678,572 times

Advertisements

[quote=mommylee963;12962970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post

No Im not wrong the surpreme court is wrong. you are talking about the same court that has a hispanic judge and rules for illegals and against citizens right? Just because their idiocy claims one way does not make it right. Let me make up a credit card number and use it see if they pin me with the charges or the person whose number it matches. So I have to pay for the jerk who stole my identity its crap social security numbers, credit cards, and those that are able to steal SSI checks and cash them yet its our fault for not protecting ourselves?!?!

The court ruled 9-0, so why do you only single out the Hispanic judge? Your disdain for HISPANIC culture as a whole (not just illegals) is plain and straightforward. All nine justices realized that it is not identity theft but you single out the Hispanic judge's supposed fault first. Nine judges well versed on all aspects of federal law and the US Constitution and how to apply such, arrive at a unanimous decision (note: unanimity in the court does not come to pass often). However, according to "mommylee963," Alito, Roberts, Thomas, Ginsberg, Sotomayor, Scalia, etc. are collectively wrong and "mommylee963" is correct (delusions of grandeur come to mind).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 10:29 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,308 times
Quote:

The court ruled 9-0, so why do you only single out the Hispanic judge? Your disdain for HISPANIC culture as a whole (not just illegals) is plain and straightforward. All nine justices realized that it is not identity theft but you single out the Hispanic judge's supposed fault first. Nine judges well versed on all aspects of federal law and the US Constitution and how to apply such, arrive at a unanimous decision (note: unanimity in the court does not come to pass often). However, according to "mommylee963," Alito, Roberts, Thomas, Ginsberg, Sotomayor, Scalia, etc. are collectively wrong and "mommylee963" is correct (delusions of grandeur come to mind).
What part of illegal do you not get? Regarding your "proof of minimization" it is still criminal. One little loophole still does not make it right nor acceptable. It is criminal, against the law, wrong, illegal, punishable, illegal, illegal.....illegal to commit fraud. Against AMERICAN law. Wrong, not good, bad...illegal.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Everybody calm down or the thread will be closed.
Yac.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:53 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here is one fraud situation that could occur with only requiring one parent to be a citizen or legal resident. Pregnant illegal or would be mom pays American citizen to marry her so her child gains automatic citizenship. In the first scenario the American is not the father of the baby. Would a DNA test be required to determine if the American is really the father of the baby? In scenario two illegal marries an American for the purpose of gaining birthright citzenship for her future child. Either way we have an open window for fraud.
My momma used to tell me a story when I got "ahead" of myself...

There was the poor southTexas family that used to sunday drive out to the country, they would stop at a homestead for sale, jump out of the truck, climb up on the fence and Dad would say...I can plant some corn and raise some stock. Start with a cow and calf. The Mom would say,...I can raise a vegetable garden by the kitchen door. the daughter wanted a tire swing, and Jr. said...Im gonna ride that calf like a bronc-buster, to which the dad turned to Jr. and slapped him on the back of his head...saying, Boy you want to break its back.

So, lets buy the ranch before we worry about the stock.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 AM

341 posts, read 678,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
What part of illegal do you not get? Regarding your "proof of minimization" it is still criminal. One little loophole still does not make it right nor acceptable. It is criminal, against the law, wrong, illegal, punishable, illegal, illegal.....illegal to commit fraud. Against AMERICAN law. Wrong, not good, bad...illegal.
I prefer to call them undocumented immigrants because the are occupying a niche in our society. That niche was created by big business with the backing of the federal government. Undocumented immigration has been the saving grace of this great nation. If every undocumented immigrant left the country our economic system would surely collapse directly and without delay. Hopefully our current federal lawmakers will pass a comprehensive amnesty law that will accept our undocumented brothers and sisters as full-fledged citizens.

Regarding the 14th amendment: The way it is currently applied will not change. The language is clear and concise and has stood the test of time. Thinking that it will change is naive and wishful thinking at best. Best thing to do would be to learn Spanish because the demographics of this country are changing fast. Walls, laws, fences, and hate cannot stop the migration of peoples. Countries, societies, populations, and languages change over time. This has been the reality on this continent from Native Americans, to the Spanish, the French, the English; and now Mexican, Central and South American people are on their way to becoming the predominant population of our great country. It is easier to accept inevitability than to deny it or hate it.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
If the 14th is not amended then our social service network needs a serious overhaul.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,308 times
Quote:
I prefer to call them undocumented immigrants because the are occupying a niche in our society. That niche was created by big business with the backing of the federal government. Undocumented immigration has been the saving grace of this great nation. If every undocumented immigrant left the country our economic system would surely collapse directly and without delay. Hopefully our current federal lawmakers will pass a comprehensive amnesty law that will accept our undocumented brothers and sisters as full-fledged citizens.

Regarding the 14th amendment: The way it is currently applied will not change. The language is clear and concise and has stood the test of time. Thinking that it will change is naive and wishful thinking at best. Best thing to do would be to learn Spanish because the demographics of this country are changing fast. Walls, laws, fences, and hate cannot stop the migration of peoples. Countries, societies, populations, and languages change over time. This has been the reality on this continent from Native Americans, to the Spanish, the French, the English; and now Mexican, Central and South American people are on their way to becoming the predominant population of our great country. It is easier to accept inevitability than to deny it or hate it.
loop-da-loop

Old 02-19-2010, 08:25 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
In other words, our laws are irrelevant as long as criminals occupy a “niche.” Given the insatiable appetites of many drug users/abusers in this country, and the billions of dollars generated by the drug trade, I suppose drug dealers also occupy a niche. Perhaps we do them a disservice by considering them scumbag criminals.

This country will not “surely collapse” without cheap illegal labor. If you actually believe this fallacy, you would not endorse so-called CIR. If illegal aliens are legalized, who will provide the essential cheap labor for the greedy corporations? Or, were you implying that illegals alone are capable of hard work?

However, I do agree with your assessment of the collusion between the federal government and big business. Of course, they have also facilitated drug trafficking, so I guess it’s all good.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:

Accept the changing demographics of our country by an ILLEGAL invasion? No, thanks! As I asked you before but you wouldn't answer, would Mexico accept the same thing in reverse? The silence is deafening and so is the hypocricy.

Yes, the 14th is concise and clear as to its intent and that is why it is going to be interpreted correctly as it was meant to be in the near future.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:

Enjoy your fantasies there

Think about it: Mexico is a veritible pipsqueak compared to the USA; our economy has nine (9) times the output of SoB. Too: Mx is showing the signs of implosion battling its drug cartels--------which may force the USA to step in. Needless to say: if that were to happen; Mx can kiss its sovereignty goodbye--------which would be the end of many aspects of their culture up to and the widepread use of Spanish.

Face it: concerning Spanish vs. English; the former is not an important language outside of either Spain or most of Latin America. Hint: if dealing with a non English speaking nation; the default language of the signage, etc. (if used) tends to be English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration