U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM

13,081 posts, read 21,258,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh Friend of Mine, I have a feeling....the OP is a fraud. LYING.
Gee, ya think? Read the second sentence of the first post - how or why would US citizens have a "LEGAL resident alien" child???

Even if the US citizen parents had had her abroad, she'd still be a full-fledged US citizen. The parents would simply need to take the local birth cert to a US Consul and receive a US Consular Report of Birth, as well as a US passport for the child.

Nice try - if there is any truth to the story, she is most likely an illegal herself (considering her present grasp of the English language) and the guy she wants to take the business from is her own estranged husband.

At least, that's how I interpret this thread.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,145,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Gee, ya think? Read the second sentence of the first post - how or why would US citizens have a "LEGAL resident alien" child???

Even if the US citizen parents had had her abroad, she'd still be a full-fledged US citizen. The parents would simply need to take the local birth cert to a US Consul and receive a US Consular Report of Birth, as well as a US passport for the child.

Nice try - if there is any truth to the story, she is most likely an illegal herself (considering her present grasp of the English language) and the guy she wants to take the business from is her own estranged husband.

Oooo...nice call!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:48 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,977,634 times
Quote:

You need your own detective series

Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,990,791 times
Quote:

Thanks - just came across this thread, and was trying to figure THAT one out myself LOL - I'll bet she's either a gc holder or an illegal herself too.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 PM

5,899 posts, read 12,298,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
LOL - I'll bet she's either a gc holder or an illegal herself too.
So wait, what's wrong with green card holders? That's what she originally said she was "legal resident alien" or "permanent resident" is all the same thing. There's nothing wrong with people on this boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or