U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:50 PM

233 posts, read 389,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambina View Post
Well, I am a legal permanent resident in the USA, since 3 years. Married since 16 years to an US citizen, and having 4 children with him. We lived together in germany for 10 years. When we decided to move the whole family back to my husbands home country it took us 2 years to get all the paperwork done, we needed an affidavid of support, proof of clean criminal records, international birth certificates, proof of paid taxes the last 2 years, we had to show where we have been living in the last 15 years, where we travelled, I mean everything! And it cost us a good amount of money. But it never even crossed our mind entering the US just like that...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++aAnd let me be one of the first here to welcome you to the country Bambina.........thank you for respecting us and doing it the right way! Glad to have you here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 09:57 PM

124 posts, read 271,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++aAnd let me be one of the first here to welcome you to the country Bambina.........thank you for respecting us and doing it the right way! Glad to have you here!
And thank you very very much! I love it here, and I am very thankful for everything the USA stands for!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:58 PM

124 posts, read 271,228 times

YouTube - Immigration Gumballs

very interesting link....

Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,375,406 times
Thumbs up I like her plan!!

Quote:
So I was thinking......(could be a dangerous thing, my thinking) so many say our economy would suffer if we got rid of all the illegal immigrants here now and we would have no one to take the jobs they now hold (I don't believe it).......seems to me I remember people stating there being a long wait for those who choose to enter legally...........lets work out a trade off. Start to bring those into the country on those long lines that have been approved while at the same time removing those that are here illegally. I don't think it's fair to those who chose to come here by following all the proper procedures that they wait forever while this country decides what to do with the illegal bunch we have here now..........simple to me, DEPORT the illegal and replace with the legal who have been waiting for some what amounts to many years. You will then have workers to take those jobs the illegals are now doing........at least until the new immigrants get used to their new country and learn the language and customs............these would then be followed by more of the same as others continue coming here legally. At the same time we need to get aggresive and quick on the treatment of the illegals, forget the trials and such that stall their deportation and cost the taxpayers money........you're here illegally YOU GO IMMEDIATELY. Sound like a plan to anyone?

EXCELLENT PLAN! We have 1 million people leaving jails and prisons who CANNOT get a job anywhere because of background checks. So we are basically telling these people to go sell crack or steal again (as they cannot work even at Taco Bell) and in the meantime corporations make millions off of cheap illegal alien labor and rip-off the government by not paying the proper taxes.

In California, they were training inmates who were to be released to use the equipment to get up on top of trees and cut them. These guys were going to be able to get a job straight out of prison, a job away from kids, away from money.... and they were going to earn $17/h doing this work for the phone and electric companies. It is almost like we were doing something right in the USA, rehabilitating people and giving them a chance....

But then some F**KING (yes, I am using that word) illegal aliens came over, opened up some BS LLC company and subcontracted their work for $11/h for the phone and electric companies (who obviously hired the company who is hiring the illegals) and saved money. Is SOCIETY profiting here or is it only the rich power and phone monopolies benefiting for the illegal labor???

Now the inmates have no job, their job training went to waste, the taxpayers wasted money training the inmates, and they will go hit the streets with no job, no money, no place to live.... so they'll get an illegal gun on the streets (which is anywhere in LA) and WILL MOST LIKELY KILL SOMEONE during a gas station robbery... all because the damn illegals STOLE their job.

Maybe if more people get killed by a former inmates in California.... Californians (well Mexifornians) will begin to realize we need to stop marginalizing US LEGAL workers and low-wage US workers and will see that open borders and illegal immigration ONLY benefits large corporations liek McDonald's, Taco Bell, Walmart, etc. No wonder these corporations are running the show in DC.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
EXCELLENT PLAN! We have 1 million people leaving jails and prisons who CANNOT get a job anywhere because of background checks. So we are basically telling these people to go sell crack or steal again (as they cannot work even at Taco Bell) and in the meantime corporations make millions off of cheap illegal alien labor and rip-off the government by not paying the proper taxes.

In California, they were training inmates who were to be released to use the equipment to get up on top of trees and cut them. These guys were going to be able to get a job straight out of prison, a job away from kids, away from money.... and they were going to earn $17/h doing this work for the phone and electric companies. It is almost like we were doing something right in the USA, rehabilitating people and giving them a chance....

But then some F**KING (yes, I am using that word) illegal aliens came over, opened up some BS LLC company and subcontracted their work for $11/h for the phone and electric companies (who obviously hired the company who is hiring the illegals) and saved money. Is SOCIETY profiting here or is it only the rich power and phone monopolies benefiting for the illegal labor???

Now the inmates have no job, their job training went to waste, the taxpayers wasted money training the inmates, and they will go hit the streets with no job, no money, no place to live.... so they'll get an illegal gun on the streets (which is anywhere in LA) and WILL MOST LIKELY KILL SOMEONE during a gas station robbery... all because the damn illegals STOLE their job.

Maybe if more people get killed by a former inmates in California.... Californians (well Mexifornians) will begin to realize we need to stop marginalizing US LEGAL workers and low-wage US workers and will see that open borders and illegal immigration ONLY benefits large corporations liek McDonald's, Taco Bell, Walmart, etc. No wonder these corporations are running the show in DC.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Sounds like that would have been a great plan for those coming out of prisons.......might have helped with the repeat offenders, if they were able to actually earn a living wage they might not have returned to their former habits........now, the majority will probably go back to that former life and the people who end up paying for it again will be the American tax payer when they are incarcerated again and the training they received at a cost to the taxpayers is actually good for nothing, while we also get the privilige of paying for the illegals, we pay for all the evils in our government all the while listening to them say how they are making great improvements to our lives...........somehow I am missing seeing that. What I do see are American people who need some help once in awhile, now living on the streets after losing everything due to unfortunate illness or such, I see seniors who worked for all their lives and paid taxes not buying medicine they need or skipping meals because their checks don't manage to stretch to cover the basics they need and our gov't tells them to suck it up, and tells the rest of us they need more taxes. For what? For the programs that the illegals take part in, for the hospital bills they run up having more kids and don't pay, for the increased teachers and such we need to try and educate our children in overcrowded classrooms filled with students who can't/won't learn the language and want their home countries language taught to our children and our traditions changed to suit them. I see lots of employers backing this proposal for their own greedy wants.........they want the cheaper labor costs and higher profits associated with a mostly unskilled labor force, they all know there are plenty of Americans to fill the jobs available but they put on their "do good" hats and try to say they need these outside workers, saying they want to help them. Bulls--t! Have the balls to tell the American public that you guys don't give two turds about the people that helped you build those big corporations.........its all about that cheaper labor and bigger profits. I propose if they really need these workers and this proposal passes that they have to pay the the wage they would have had to pay an American to do the same job, and maintain their health care costs too.........I dare say they wouldn't be backing this too much longer if it cost them! As they say "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer" or in the case of the country right now the taxpayer gets screwed.........and doesn't even get kissed first!

Last edited by mollies mom; 06-01-2007 at 12:41 AM..

Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,293,306 times
Guys, calm down. Please.
Yac.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:52 AM

3,306 posts, read 3,325,728 times
Quote:
Is SOCIETY profiting here or is it only the rich power and phone monopolies benefiting for the illegal labor???
You need to understand a few things, companies are interested in their profits not making society a better place. Secondly whoever thought up this idea with the inmates wasn't too bright, it should've been pretty obvious it wasn't going to work. Anyhow, companies have always been out for their profits nothing as changed here, what as changed is the supply of unskilled laborers. Just as classical economics would tell you as the supply goes up demand and prices goes down. These people aren't stealing jobs, they are merely working for less. For example it seems odd to say that because I'm willing to say work for 70k a year but you won't work for anything less than 75k that I stole your job when the company hired me instead of you.

Anyhow, Nirvana-Guy I say this because I assume you want people to listen to what you have to say, but when everything you say is so hyperbolic people will stop listening.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 AM

646 posts, read 1,636,562 times
Quote:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
I guess many think of Mexicans when they think of illegals however I don't because I worked with illegals from England, Ireland, Mexico, Brazil and India,and China so to me illegal means from ANY country. Maybe quotas are put in place for a reason.......too many unskilled labor just means, in my experience that employers start giving them jobs that should be given to more skilled workers to be able to lower the wage they pay for such workers, they hope for a learn as you go experience for those workers, which often results in more job related accidents and such, for the employer it works out good because they get to pay someone a few $ less than they were before, thus increasing their profits. How many unskilled workers does any country need to welcome, isn't it common sense that any country wouldn't want to over run its social services with those who will be a drain on it and not allow it to properly care for its own citizens? The quotas are put in place to try to keep a balance, and when they were adhered to you didn't have the outcry from the American public that you hear now, the majority of the population welcomed immigration as it was what this country was built on and made for a truly diverse population where most felt they belonged, today the feeling is among many that the place they called home is no longer that, they are feeling over run and over looked in the grand scheme of things and you can't blame them, the blame for this mess is with the elected officials, who are not forced to actually live among the people.........maybe if they were they would change their tune.
Sure, there are many people here illegally from other countries than Mexico, but you still didn't answer my question - how should these people be able to enter the country legally? What is these quotas for low-skilled workers that you're talking about? Please explain.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
Sure, there are many people here illegally from other countries than Mexico, but you still didn't answer my question - how should these people be able to enter the country legally? What is these quotas for low-skilled workers that you're talking about? Please explain.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
I remember there being quotas on immigration when I was young, they were put in place to keep a balance so that the country wasn't overrun with any one group and it gave the newcomers time to assimilate into their new country, most of them back then came thru NYC and it never was like it is now. Maybe a lot of them shouldn't be allowed to immigrate legally so the balance remains equal, after all this is American.................not Mexico, China, Germany or any other nation............Our first thought needs to be what is good for us,not what these people want, and being over run with many illegals seems to not be making Americas citizens happy. I feel sorry for many of them for the conditions in their own countries that make them want to come here, but it's up to them to change it there, not to come here and change the face of America.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,437,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambina View Post
Well, I am a legal permanent resident in the USA, since 3 years. Married since 16 years to an US citizen, and having 4 children with him. We lived together in germany for 10 years. When we decided to move the whole family back to my husbands home country it took us 2 years to get all the paperwork done, we needed an affidavid of support, proof of clean criminal records, international birth certificates, proof of paid taxes the last 2 years, we had to show where we have been living in the last 15 years, where we travelled, I mean everything! And it cost us a good amount of money. But it never even crossed our mind entering the US just like that...
And you're the kind of immigrant that America needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or