Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

[quote=kristobal;13085364]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
C’mon, think. How can you possibly fault passersby for calling the police? And, why are you assuming it was motivated by their ethnicity? It is not the norm to see two people asleep in a store parking lot. I’m sure the person who called the police was concerned, rather than prejudiced. They probably received multiple calls. Perhaps they thought they had overdosed from drugs, or were dead. Perhaps the person suspected a “crime” had been perpetrated against them, thus the “criminal” component.

sorry but none of my family in the car were children
and they were forced out of the car and subjected to being searched as if they had committed a crime. the officer told us that he was checking on a call concerning criminal behavior whether or not the caller or just the police officer was acting on ethnicity, it was still involved. They were treated as if they were criminals the officer threating to call ICE officers if they didn't subject to being searched in this case didn't matter due to the fact that they were not illegal
Doesn't matter if they were kids or not. Adults sleeping in a car in an unsual place would also be cause for concern for the reasons Benicar mentioned. If LE were investigating a crime why would you find it unusual for those sleeping in the car to be questioned or searched?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 PM

[quote=kristobal;13087114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
it's not irrelevant when it is being said that illegal immigrants are being protect by political correctness when latinos in general are being subjected to discrimination. and I'm sorry but you can't argue the fact that latinos don't have anything do with this when illegal immigrants are Latinos hence the reason for mistakes when profiling since the latinos that are legal have ancestors that come from Hispanic countries. (i know this should be common knowledge but you obviously aren't seeing the connection)
Since most illegals in this country are Latinos it only makes sense that they would be more suspect. If one is a legal Latino they have nothing to fear because they would have proper I.D. A little incovenience to themselves to get these illegals off the street should be worth it to a Latino citizen but unfortunately far too many stick up for them instead because of the similar ethnic background.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
Quote:
chicagonut
Since most illegals in this country are Latinos it only makes sense that they would be more suspect. If one is a legal Latino they have nothing to fear because they would have proper I.D. A little incovenience to themselves to get these illegals off the street should be worth it to a Latino citizen but unfortunately far too many stick up for them instead because of the similar ethnic background.
I am finding that legal Latinos are getting sick of all the illegals disrupting their life and are voicing this as well. They want them gone. It's usually those here illegal or have family and friends illegal that make the most noise protecting them.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:30 PM

29 posts, read 33,984 times
[quote=chicagonut;13087294]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristobal View Post

they had I.D. they were not afraid of being deported they were afraid of a violent police officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I am finding that legal Latinos are getting sick of all the illegals disrupting their life and are voicing this as well. They want them gone. It's usually those here illegal or have family and friends illegal that make the most noise protecting them.
are you suggesting something?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:

they had I.D. they were not afraid of being deported they were afraid of a violent police officer.

What are you talking about????

Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:

Um, are YOU suggesting something? Now that I think about it.....hmmmm...

Old 02-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
this is what i am referring to

Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 PM

[quote=kristobal;13087464]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Violent police officer? What act of violence did the officer commit?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 PM

he was acting aggressively and abusing his power, you were not there so you cannot make a judgment call

Old 02-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
he was acting aggressively and abusing his power, you were not there so you cannot make a judgment call
I wasn't making a judgement call. I merely asked you what act of violence did the officer commit. I don't call acting aggressively the same thing as being violent. How was he abusing his power? Another question by the way, not a judgement call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration