U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,790,892 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Last deportation in 1954...Might as well been 1854.

Lets look back at 1954-

United states Supreme Court- No Non-whites

US House of Representitives- 2 non white Americans as of '54

US Senate- one Non-white

Predsident and cabinet-No Non-Whites

..........................................
two hispanic owned TV stations in the Country

No CNN, FOX Cable, 24 hours New cycles, no Internet.



Pushing Mexicans out the back door was posible in 1954.
Back in 1954; Mexicans as a group were counted as 'White'. This Hispanic 'race' nonsense did not come along till ca. 1970.

Remember that things occur in cycles: and it is time for forced deportations of illegal aliens-----------voluntarily or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,226,785 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Last deportation in 1954...Might as well been 1854.

Lets look back at 1954-

United states Supreme Court- No Non-whites

US House of Representitives- 2 non white Americans as of '54

US Senate- one Non-white

Predsident and cabinet-No Non-Whites

..........................................
two hispanic owned TV stations in the Country

No CNN, FOX Cable, 24 hours New cycles, no Internet.



Pushing Mexicans out the back door was posible in 1954.
So what you are saying is that minorities are not in favor of deportations as demanded by our laws? Doesn't say much for miniorities as law abiding Americans then, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,112,316 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Back in 1954; Mexicans as a group were counted as 'White'. This Hispanic 'race' nonsense did not come along till ca. 1970.

Remember that things occur in cycles: and it is time for forced deportations of illegal aliens-----------voluntarily or not.
Its true Hispanics were considered "White" in 1954, but none were allowed to serve on a jury in Texas, even when the accused was a hispanic.

In 1954 Gus Garcia argued before the US Supreme court that hispanic citizens were excluded form participating in their government.

The Court reversed the practice of exluding Hispanic Texans from serving on juries...

So they were labled as "White" but were not treated as "Whites"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2010, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,790,892 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Its true Hispanics were considered "White" in 1954, but none were allowed to serve on a jury in Texas, even when the accused was a hispanic.

In 1954 Gus Garcia argued before the US Supreme court that hispanic citizens were excluded form participating in their government.

The Court reversed the practice of exluding Hispanic Texans from serving on juries...

So they were labled as "White" but were not treated as "Whites"...
Somehow I doubt that rule applied to all Hispanics. Remember that a Latino can be of any race. Judge Leander Perez of St Bernard Parish, La. was a member of the White Citizen's Council.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2010, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,304,077 times
Reputation: 4611
I was born when "Operation Wet Back" was taking place.I remember older students calling people wet backs and (at the time) I didn't even know what it meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top