Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And said employers need to see the insides of jail cells for committing what is essentially treason.
No, it's not essentially treason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless your a business owner that hires illegal Aliens, how would you have any personal knowledge that people are aliens...or thier immigration status what so ever?
Copy and paste and keep the grammar errors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 05:28 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
In your little analogy both the husband and his mistress are sinning, not just the husband. Same goes for the employers and the illegal aliens. They are both breaking our immigration and labor laws, therefore they are both guilty.
Amen to that!

Old 02-21-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
Employers HIRE them because those businesses put their bottom line before their loyalty to the US. That is an American problem, not a Mexican (or any other country) one. I would take the manager aside and threaten to call ICE if they don't take care of it. This is why the illegal problem never ends. It's not a problem if illegal immigrant are looking for jobs, it's a problem when businesses hire them ABOVE LEGAL AND US CITIZENS. Getting mad at the illegal immigrants is like blaming the other woman for your husband cheating on you. It's your husband's responsibility to not be led astray, no?
Yes it is. Illegals know it is illegal. They are not innocent, just as the other woman is not innocent. I mean look at all of Tiger's mistresses!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:20 PM

411 posts, read 468,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
They wake up on time every morning, and show up on time, and are ready to work.

They don't consider Monday an extension of the weekend, so they do not mostly call in sick on Monday mornings. They show up every day, without a string of tragedies in their lives.

And, they do a day's work.

In spite of the activist communities claims that they are all abused with low wages - Get out into the world and you will find out that many of them make very good wages - The small businesses that do use them pay many of them well in order to keep them. This is why they can send money home and drive pretty nice cars here. Many of them now have their families here.

I do not support amnesty, nor even hiring of illegal workers - But, I do know businesses that they work for, and I know a good number of them personally. They've been around for years.

They are hired because they are reliable.
Ok, so obvious, isn't it?? why is it that so many people can't get it ....

Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Ok, so obvious, isn't it?? why is it that so many people can't get it ....
The only thing that is relevant is that they are here illegally and have no right to work here or to live here.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:53 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I don't know. I suspect what you "know" is more heresay than fact. Why don't you follow one to work and as for a job yourself?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
how do you know they are employed, or all have jobs? how do you know they are illegal?

this is a major jump to conlcusions. a fail in logic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
We are in a terrible recession, but I cannot help but notice that at least where I live and in my neighborhood area (DC, Nova), which has a high illegal immigrant population, that they all have jobs. It bewilders me. I realize some are not illegal, but I know a majority are in my area. How do they get these jobs and why do employers higher them?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
They wake up on time every morning, and show up on time, and are ready to work.

They don't consider Monday an extension of the weekend, so they do not mostly call in sick on Monday mornings. They show up every day, without a string of tragedies in their lives.

And, they do a day's work.

In spite of the activist communities claims that they are all abused with low wages - Get out into the world and you will find out that many of them make very good wages - The small businesses that do use them pay many of them well in order to keep them. This is why they can send money home and drive pretty nice cars here. Many of them now have their families here.

I do not support amnesty, nor even hiring of illegal workers - But, I do know businesses that they work for, and I know a good number of them personally. They've been around for years.

They are hired because they are reliable.
If the bolded section is true, why are illegals receiving billions in pre/postnatal care, welfare, WIC, and subsidized housing; and why are so many of their children enrolled in the “free” school breakfast/lunch program?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Don't you know that this is just a figment of our imagination?
No, I live in the center of it here in my town seriously. I can see it everyday. I look out my window and there it is. My area is about 75% illegal immigrants. The way it is here in this area of D.C.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
No, I live in the center of it here in my town seriously. I can see it everyday. I look out my window and there it is. My area is about 75% illegal immigrants. The way it is here in this area of D.C.
Note how 'getout' phrased her rhetorical question.

She is quite anti illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration