U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,902,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Our economy continues struggling like never before since the great depression. A great jump start would be by increasing the local production, and increase home sales, both of which would increase significantly by bringing these millions of hard workes into the mainstream economy, they are going to stay here anyway.......
Bwaahhahahahaha, Ooooook then, and you believe these you speak of WANT to be 'legal'? Why? They get free medical, food stamps, even SS bennys I can't draw till I'm 70 without having paid a dime in taxes, they don't have to speak English and always get to go to the front of the line. Be 'legal' and give all that up aye?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
I understand that this is an emotional issue, but beleive me, for the thousands of employers that depend at least partially on migrant workers for their survival, the migrant workers are a blessing, and in turn they benefit the national economy since it allows some industries to stay afloat
right here in the USA, instead of being outsourced like so much of our economy, but of course, there will always be people in denial.....
Once unemployment runs out: those 'crap' jobs that you feel that Americans turn down will start looking pretty damn good.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
I understand that this is an emotional issue, but beleive me, for the thousands of employers that depend at least partially on migrant workers for their survival, the migrant workers are a blessing, and in turn they benefit the national economy since it allows some industries to stay afloat
right here in the USA, instead of being outsourced like so much of our economy, but of course, there will always be people in denial.....
Oh, I am sure they ARE a blessing to the employers, it increases their profits. If Americans were being hired on construction and other blue collar jobs THEY would be benefiting the economy.

If an industry can't stay afloat by hiring within the laws of this country then they should no longer exist. Either way an American is screwed out of a job anyway.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Once unemployment runs out: those 'crap' jobs that you feel that Americans turn down will start looking pretty damn good.
Starting to look good? lol, they have been looking good to a LOT of folks for a while. I have NEVER drawn un employment. My personal small business has taken a big hit in this economy, I had to go back to work full time, and do my own stuff on the side, and am struggling. I've seen hard times before, but never like this. Maybe, just maybe, this is what it takes to wake folks up as to how precious a job, ANY job , can be and knock off the entitlement crap and disdaining certain types of work to be beneath them. I, for one, have worked in onion fields, hay fields, feed lots, etc. It wouldn't hurt even 'educated' people to do a stint in such work as well.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 PM

411 posts, read 402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Well, you have been making those predictions for a long time, and I tell you this, it's all about work ethics, there is just a large group of people, sad to say, that only look after entitlements and easy life, it is well documented that migrant workers under-utilize social services, they are apparently too busy working....

Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Well, you have been making those predictions for a long time, and I tell you this, it's all about work ethics, there is just a large group of people, sad to say, that only look after entitlements and easy life, it is well documented that migrant workers under-utilize social services, they are apparently too busy working....
ROFLMAO!

As is I believe what you say.

Face it: Latin King; more and more of your 'precious' illegal alien losers are leaving Arizona as we speak.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Really? Not from where I'm sitting. Our local Emergency room and walk in clinic is crowded with these "busy migrant workers', on every day of the week, Saturday night is a real special treat for our ER staff on any given week. Sewing up knife wounds, dealing with alcohol poisoning etc. Apparently these oh so busy migrant workers feel they are a bit entitled to a little ...down time. The drain on hospital resources is bad enough, then we have the schools. We have had our property taxes raised , quite dramatically, as well as new taxes on business, to help with extra funding so the school can hire interpreters,and have totally separate classes to teach 'migrant workers' () children English. Ethics! You say that Americans feel entitled, I say that 'migrant workers' feel thus as well, more at Americans expense than their own. By far...............

Old 03-03-2010, 10:02 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Could you provide us with these "well documented" facts? I know of many sources that have been posted in here to the contrary.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 PM

3,054 posts, read 5,028,943 times
Quote:

any employer that hires illegals should have EVERYTHING taken from them, including their business.And ship them out of the Country with their illegal workers.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 PM

3,054 posts, read 5,028,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
or the incompetent construction worksmanship.

a lot of illegal immigrant labor is just a warm body in the construction industry. if they were successful construction workers, they probably could find work in their own country. mexico is not a 3rd world country and actually are classified as a "big emerging market".

the fact that they are a "big emerging market" on the backs of americans is not lost on americans.

Mexico, the 14th largest economy in the world, and second largest trading partner of the United States, had $11 billion in foreign direct investment, and received $23.9 billion in remittances in 2007. (and with typical government competence, when you pull up the USAID page on mexico for 2009 you get the 2007 statistics).

it is pretty easy to grow your economy when you get direct aid from the US and can ship out your excess labor population to the US and force it to be an american burden.
Absolutely correct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or