U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
 
411 posts, read 402,541 times
Reputation: 115

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Really? Not from where I'm sitting. Our local Emergency room and walk in clinic is crowded with these "busy migrant workers', on every day of the week, Saturday night is a real special treat for our ER staff on any given week. Sewing up knife wounds, dealing with alcohol poisoning etc. Apparently these oh so busy migrant workers feel they are a bit entitled to a little ...down time. The drain on hospital resources is bad enough, then we have the schools. We have had our property taxes raised , quite dramatically, as well as new taxes on business, to help with extra funding so the school can hire interpreters,and have totally separate classes to teach 'migrant workers' () children English. Ethics! You say that Americans feel entitled, I say that 'migrant workers' feel thus as well, more at Americans expense than their own. By far...............
Could you please submit some evidence, thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2010, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,029,987 times
Reputation: 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Could you please submit some evidence, thanks.....
Easy, walk into any illegals living area's hospital. Why don't you post any real evidence they are not a drain on the US? Because the bs in real life isn't as you say. Go south of the border and fix mexico. Goodbye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 PM
 
4,101 posts, read 5,897,470 times
Reputation: 5637
Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work..

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported millions of Mexican Nationals! Many left on their own. The program was called 'Operation wet bac k'. It was done so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs. It took 2 Years, but they deported them!

Now...if they could deport the illegal's back then - they could sure do it today?

lf you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter Operation wet bac k into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself.

Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes...
20 million Illegal Aliens are depending on you! That's right 20 million Illegal aliens

Last edited by Nite Ryder; 03-04-2010 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 05:18 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work..

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported millions of Mexican Nationals! Many left on their own. The program was called 'Operation wet bac k'. It was done so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs. It took 2 Years, but they deported them!

Now...if they could deport the illegal's back then - they could sure do it today?

lf you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter Operation wet bac k into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself.

Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes...
20 million Illegal Aliens are depending on you! That's right 20 million Illegal aliens
The only problem is that politicians today are concerned with their careers only. There is no "We The People". Continuous back room deals, smiling waves to the people as they destroy this Nation. They do not care. Why should they? Their families are all wrapped up neatly taken care of for generations and to hell with the average American People. Time to get this government OUT too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Well, you have been making those predictions for a long time, and I tell you this, it's all about work ethics, there is just a large group of people, sad to say, that only look after entitlements and easy life, it is well documented that migrant workers under-utilize social services, they are apparently too busy working....
However, they are NOT too busy to procreate to the tune of 4 million children; the majority whom are supported by the “lazy” U.S. taxpayers.

It’s hard to stay abreast of all of the euphemisms being used to refer to foreign interlopers. By migrant workers, are you referring to the 2-4% picking our crops, or ALL illegal alien workers? If all, they do in fact receive an astronomical amount of government assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Because virtually all illegal aliens are indeed criminals. What an inane comment. Suffice to say: Latin King; if I committed the same crimes as illegal aliens i.e. ID theft, non reporting of income, etc. my American butt would be facing Federal prison.

You are indeed very right about that! Your butt would be in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:09 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Really? Not from where I'm sitting. Our local Emergency room and walk in clinic is crowded with these "busy migrant workers', on every day of the week, Saturday night is a real special treat for our ER staff on any given week. Sewing up knife wounds, dealing with alcohol poisoning etc. Apparently these oh so busy migrant workers feel they are a bit entitled to a little ...down time. The drain on hospital resources is bad enough, then we have the schools. We have had our property taxes raised , quite dramatically, as well as new taxes on business, to help with extra funding so the school can hire interpreters,and have totally separate classes to teach 'migrant workers' () children English. Ethics! You say that Americans feel entitled, I say that 'migrant workers' feel thus as well, more at Americans expense than their own. By far...............


Thank you for a very well stated post, and how very true. I agree with what you have said here. The fact the these illegals feel any entitlement, blows me away. My sister-in-law is a nurse in a large L.A. Hospital, she says all the time that they have such a problem with illegals filling the emergency rooms up, pisses her off. She is really angry, when, lots of times, they show up with gun wounds etc, gees wonder why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I understand that this is an emotional issue, but beleive me, for the thousands of employers that depend at least partially on migrant workers for their survival, the migrant workers are a blessing, and in turn they benefit the national economy since it allows some industries to stay afloat
right here in the USA, instead of being outsourced like so much of our economy, but of course, there will always be people in denial.....
If a business has to depend even partly on Illegals, they don't deserve to stay in business. IMO..They can get the Hell out of the USA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Well, you have been making those predictions for a long time, and I tell you this, it's all about work ethics, there is just a large group of people, sad to say, that only look after entitlements and easy life, it is well documented that migrant workers under-utilize social services, they are apparently too busy working....
Prove it......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If a business has to depend even partly on Illegals, they don't deserve to stay in business. IMO..They can get the Hell out of the USA!
Amen to that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top