U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

I just have to add before any arguments ensue in the flavor of: "Get rid of illegal migrant workers and the cost of products will rise!"

Well, we are already out of money (states sucked dry by illegal alien lazy abusers) and can't afford the cost now, so no difference to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Arizona High Desert
4,636 posts, read 4,946,459 times
Reputation: 2736
Illegals must go back home, and apply for legal status. With legal status, there will be no fear, no need to hang your head down. We have enough spongers, and criminals. I am sure there are millions of "nice" illegals who might benefit this nation, but if so, do the right thing, and apply legally. We need a reality TV show called "Stay or Go?" and the audience decides. The sponsors pay for deporting the losers (criminals, baby machines.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:12 PM
 
61 posts, read 64,137 times
Reputation: 43
NO AMNESTY PERIOD! You broke are laws and took advantage of our system because you didn't want to do it the right way. Our government doesn't speak for us anymore because they are corrupt and are counting on you to vote for them so they can keep there jobs. (political power) They have sold the American people out for votes and the other deals they made with Mexico behind closed doors. We see you as cheap replaceable labor and nothing more. You have been presented this way to us by your country and ours. This is why there is so much resistance to your goals. We welcome other people from other countries because that is what America is all about. We just have a problem the way you came into are country and the way you where presented to us. Marching and demanding things from us is not the way to win us over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 PM
 
Location: central Oregon
1,856 posts, read 2,025,508 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsb1 View Post
NO AMNESTY PERIOD! You broke are laws and took advantage of our system because you didn't want to do it the right way. Our government doesn't speak for us anymore because they are corrupt and are counting on you to vote for them so they can keep there jobs. (political power) They have sold the American people out for votes and the other deals they made with Mexico behind closed doors. We see you as cheap replaceable labor and nothing more. You have been presented this way to us by your country and ours. This is why there is so much resistance to your goals. We welcome other people from other countries because that is what America is all about. We just have a problem the way you came into are country and the way you where presented to us. Marching and demanding things from us is not the way to win us over.
Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Our economy continues struggling like never before since the great depression. A great jump start would be by increasing the local production, and increase home sales, both of which would increase significantly by bringing these millions of hard workes into the mainstream economy, they are going to stay here anyway.......
while they take jobs away from legals. I know, no one wants the jobs they do or so libs want us to believe: well, if they are all working for min wage, legal or not, they couldn't afford housing etc and they already spend money of necessities. thus your argument holds no water..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 AM
 
411 posts, read 402,450 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
while they take jobs away from legals. I know, no one wants the jobs they do or so libs want us to believe: well, if they are all working for min wage, legal or not, they couldn't afford housing etc and they already spend money of necessities. thus your argument holds no water..

Nita
No one is taking jobs away from nobody, if you people were so right about the claims you have against migrant workers, there would be a national uprise against them. The reality is that the majority of us support amnesty
for many reasons. I came to this country and among others, anglos supported me, and I will always remember that, I have over the years employed anglos, some of them working effectively, others unfourtunately not so, for that reason I've employed mirant workers, and in all cases they have been resposible and loyal, none of them have participated in welfare programs, to call them criminals is just childish, and stupid.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
No one is taking jobs away from nobody, if you people were so right about the claims you have against migrant workers, there would be a national uprise against them. The reality is that the majority of us support amnesty
for many reasons. I came to this country and among others, anglos supported me, and I will always remember that, I have over the years employed anglos, some of them working effectively, others unfourtunately not so, for that reason I've employed mirant workers, and in all cases they have been resposible and loyal, none of them have participated in welfare programs, to call them criminals is just childish, and stupid.....
Three quick notes here; Latin King:

#1: the law here in Arizona will soon change to make it a crime even have an illegal alien in your vehicle----------are you willing to go to jail for that?
#2: illegal illegals are indeed criminals factoring in ID theft, etc.
#3: hostility is growing against illegal aliens-----------and, those who aid and abet them. Beware and; since you claim to live in Maricopa County.........you will be dealing with Sheriff Joe one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 PM
 
61 posts, read 64,137 times
Reputation: 43
Why do pro-amnesty supporters always dodge the fact that these people have broken are current laws? Since we are picking and choosing what federal laws to enforce based on financial hardship or other personal / political reasons then I should have the right not to pay any taxes to the federal government based on the same reasons. If you don't like the current laws of our country then the citizens of our country have the right to try to change them in a peaceful way. But until these laws are changed they are still breaking are laws and should not be allowed to benefit from there illegal acts already committed. 2+2=4 and not 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:01 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
No one is taking jobs away from nobody, if you people were so right about the claims you have against migrant workers, there would be a national uprise against them. The reality is that the majority of us support amnesty
for many reasons. I came to this country and among others, anglos supported me, and I will always remember that, I have over the years employed anglos, some of them working effectively, others unfourtunately not so, for that reason I've employed mirant workers, and in all cases they have been resposible and loyal, none of them have participated in welfare programs, to call them criminals is just childish, and stupid.....
Oh yes these illegals are taking jobs from Americans by agreeing to work for less! The employers are just as guilty who hire them. There are many Americans out there voicing their opposition to illegal immigration. Unless you have been living in a cave or are deaf you would know this. Some of the many voices are right here in this forum. No, the majority of Americans do not support amnesty. That was proven two years ago when CIR reared its ugly head back then.

If you are paying these "migrant" workers under the table or obviously know that they are here illegally and supplied you with fake documents these are both criminal acts by both the illegal and the employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
No one is taking jobs away from nobody, if you people were so right about the claims you have against migrant workers, there would be a national uprise against them. The reality is that the majority of us support amnesty
for many reasons.
I came to this country and among others, anglos supported me, and I will always remember that, I have over the years employed anglos, some of them working effectively, others unfourtunately not so, for that reason I've employed mirant workers, and in all cases they have been resposible and loyal, none of them have participated in welfare programs, to call them criminals is just childish, and stupid.....
Really? Even the pro-illegal hero, Chuck Schumer, admits that “most” illegals take jobs from citizens. Listen to 2:13 on the linked video.

Chuck Schumer Admits Illegal Aliens "Take Jobs" From Americans

No, the reality is, the majority of citizens want illegal aliens to leave. If you think otherwise, you are delusional. Sorry, but you will receive a rude awakening if they attempt another amnesty. The opposition will make the health care debate look like child’s play in comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top