U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
608 posts, read 791,184 times
Reputation: 409

Advertisements

I'm an American, a citizen of Canada is a Canadian, a citizen of Mexico is a Mexican. A citizen of Mexico or Canada IS NOT an American. Would anybody refer to a German born citizen as a Frenchman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Mexico is. That is Mexico considers that it's jump starting it's economy by dumping the unwanted dregs of Mexican society on the US as illegal aliens.
Don't forget the drugs now, we musn't forget all the illegal drugs, that land in this COUNTRY by illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2010, 08:24 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I'm an American, a citizen of Canada is a Canadian, a citizen of Mexico is a Mexican. A citizen of Mexico or Canada IS NOT an American. Would anybody refer to a German born citizen as a Frenchman?
Well a German could be referred to as a European but that isn't how it works because no one is a citizen of a continent. As you said, the proper way to refer to someone is by the country that they are a citizen of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Well a German could be referred to as a European but that isn't how it works because no one is a citizen of a continent. As you said, the proper way to refer to someone is by the country that they are a citizen of.
The ways things devolve..........since each nation in Europe has a specific name signifying its typical ethnicity---------it is easy for the citizens of each to self identify as such. Although the UK uses the term 'Brit' to encompass anybody from Wales to Scotland as well as N Ireland and England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2010, 05:18 PM
 
16 posts, read 6,607 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't forget the drugs now, we musn't forget all the illegal drugs, that land in this COUNTRY by illegals.

The sad reality is that we (usa) consume more drugs than the rest of the world put together, for that reason, central and south american countries, canada, usa, middle east, europe, south east asia, afghanistan etc. work
continuosly to try to satisfy usa's thirst for drugs, I have never seen anyone coming from any other country trying to force americans to use drugs, if we want drug smuggling to stop, all we need to do is to stop being such druggies.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2010, 05:25 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by comesijaya View Post
The sad reality is that we (usa) consume more drugs than the rest of the world put together, for that reason, central and south american countries, canada, usa, middle east, europe, south east asia, afghanistan etc. work
continuosly to try to satisfy usa's thirst for drugs, I have never seen anyone coming from any other country trying to force americans to use drugs, if we want drug smuggling to stop, all we need to do is to stop being such druggies.......
That's a nice thought but realistically that isn't going to happen. Our best case scenario is to strictly enforce our borders and ports so that most of the drugs can't get through. Either that or legalize drugs but that certainly isn't the answer either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by comesijaya View Post
The sad reality is that we (usa) consume more drugs than the rest of the world put together, for that reason, central and south american countries, canada, usa, middle east, europe, south east asia, afghanistan etc. work
continuosly to try to satisfy usa's thirst for drugs, I have never seen anyone coming from any other country trying to force americans to use drugs, if we want drug smuggling to stop, all we need to do is to stop being such druggies.......
Do you have proof of that? If anything: drug usage here in the USA is dropping----------especially cocaine (down 50% since the 1980's) and Meth. The latter's rep is that evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,643,939 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Are you really this silly? Seriously. We do not need to compete with the rest of the world on their slave wages. What we need is a congress and president the actuly cares about us and not the rest of the world first. I don't give a rats rear about the rest of the world. We've supported them for decades, so crap on them. It's time we wake up and demand the stores pull imported products and replace them with USA made products. I'm thinking a march on wal-mart headqtrs might be a good place to start. Might as well start with the largest importer first. As for the illegals not using our social services,by what fantasy lying survey/poll was that? Guess you haven't had to wait in an emergency room behind them? Or pay for your trash pickup that they at the last minute dump theirs in with yours? Providing they don't flat out litter. Should I go on and keep showing how silly your looney left ideas of amnesty are?
Hell YES! Couldn't have said it better myself! Walmart, and all of these other companies should be ashamed of themselves for outsourcing just to save a buck! Do these greedy CEOs really need to have that extra $10 million or have that extra yacht, private jet at the expense of their fellow Americans??? The rest of the world doesn't care about us, unless some major disaster happens, or another country invades another country! And we're always the first ones to come to their aid. I'm not trying to sound like a cold SOB, but we have poor, starving, and homeless people in our OWN country! I'd much rather worry about our citizens! And, if you're not going to go through the proper channels like all of the immigrants in the past, and do it the right way, I DON'T WANT YOU HERE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
 
16 posts, read 6,607 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Do you have proof of that? If anything: drug usage here in the USA is dropping----------especially cocaine (down 50% since the 1980's) and Meth. The latter's rep is that evil.

You are right about cocaine use decline and possibly of meth, however there has been a huge increase in the use of crack cocaine, crystal meth, pcp, lsd, an astronomical increase in the domestic marihuana production, and the most important the incrdible increase in presciption narcotics abuse, 1000%, yes 1000% increase in the past five years, nowadays pharmacists live in terror that the will be robbed, overall the drug use in the usa, mostly anglos, continues skyrocketing, but we can be proud that the local production dominates,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by comesijaya View Post
You are right about cocaine use decline and possibly of meth, however there has been a huge increase in the use of crack cocaine, crystal meth, pcp, lsd, an astronomical increase in the domestic marihuana production, and the most important the incrdible increase in presciption narcotics abuse, 1000%, yes 1000% increase in the past five years, nowadays pharmacists live in terror that the will be robbed, overall the drug use in the usa, mostly anglos, continues skyrocketing, but we can be proud that the local production dominates,,,,
Proof please. Otherwise, I do not believe a word you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top