U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:26 PM

3,054 posts, read 5,028,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I understand that for some people it is inconvenient to compete with migrant workers, but we need to compete with the rest of the world, because, so far, in view of how demanding our workforce is, the manufacturing jobs have gone overseas, at this moment the only alternative is given by the migrant workers, in another subject, it is well established that the migrant workers substantially under-utilize our social services.

Are you really this silly? Seriously. We do not need to compete with the rest of the world on their slave wages. What we need is a congress and president the actuly cares about us and not the rest of the world first. I don't give a rats rear about the rest of the world. We've supported them for decades, so crap on them. It's time we wake up and demand the stores pull imported products and replace them with USA made products. I'm thinking a march on wal-mart headqtrs might be a good place to start. Might as well start with the largest importer first. As for the illegals not using our social services,by what fantasy lying survey/poll was that? Guess you haven't had to wait in an emergency room behind them? Or pay for your trash pickup that they at the last minute dump theirs in with yours? Providing they don't flat out litter. Should I go on and keep showing how silly your looney left ideas of amnesty are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Yeah, American citizens don't compete with illegals for the slave wages paid by the criminal employers of illegals because American citizens won't work for slave wages. Illegals are the only ones who will work for the slave wages paid by the criminal employers of illegals. By the way, E-verify is 99.5% accurate. Not too bad, huh?

First off, the average income is in the mid 40k range. That's about lower middle class. Not really slave wages...Secondly, e-verify is 94-96% accurate (meaning millions of errors)...pretty bad.

E-verify works as follows:

93% of E-verifications are made within 5 seconds.
another 1.2% of E-verification are made within 24 hours with no additional action required.
Most of the remaining 5.8% who receive a tentative non-confirmation requiring further inquiry turn out to be illegal.

Only .5% were US citizens or authorized foreign workers who had to contact the SSA because of errors in the data base.

So much for your intended misinformation.

Huh? You can easily look up the demographic information at Pew Hispanic. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2008/0707/p02s01-usgn.html. I would try to be less smug if I were you...

Old 02-24-2010, 01:20 AM

525 posts, read 917,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Are you really this silly? Seriously. We do not need to compete with the rest of the world on their slave wages. What we need is a congress and president the actuly cares about us and not the rest of the world first. I don't give a rats rear about the rest of the world. We've supported them for decades, so crap on them. It's time we wake up and demand the stores pull imported products and replace them with USA made products. I'm thinking a march on wal-mart headqtrs might be a good place to start. Might as well start with the largest importer first. As for the illegals not using our social services,by what fantasy lying survey/poll was that? Guess you haven't had to wait in an emergency room behind them? Or pay for your trash pickup that they at the last minute dump theirs in with yours? Providing they don't flat out litter. Should I go on and keep showing how silly your looney left ideas of amnesty are?
Well Said.

Yes we should demand American Made products!!!! It makes me so upset when I go in the grocery store and there is produce from Mexico right here in California. What the hell???

Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
Well Said.

Yes we should demand American Made products!!!! It makes me so upset when I go in the grocery store and there is produce from Mexico right here in California. What the hell???
Land costs are cheaper in Mexico than California...

Old 02-24-2010, 08:37 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Yeah, American citizens don't compete with illegals for the slave wages paid by the criminal employers of illegals because American citizens won't work for slave wages. Illegals are the only ones who will work for the slave wages paid by the criminal employers of illegals. By the way, E-verify is 99.5% accurate. Not too bad, huh?

First off, the average income is in the mid 40k range. That's about lower middle class. Not really slave wages...Secondly, e-verify is 94-96% accurate (meaning millions of errors)...pretty bad.

E-verify works as follows:

93% of E-verifications are made within 5 seconds.
another 1.2% of E-verification are made within 24 hours with no additional action required.
Most of the remaining 5.8% who receive a tentative non-confirmation requiring further inquiry turn out to be illegal.

Only .5% were US citizens or authorized foreign workers who had to contact the SSA because of errors in the data base.

So much for your intended misinformation.

Huh? You can easily look up the demographic information at Pew Hispanic. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2008/0707/p02s01-usgn.html. I would try to be less smug if I were you...
You mean that a house crammed with a bunch of illegal aliens has a combined household income of $40,000? Link please.

www.cis.org/Everify

Quote:
Employees not confirmed as work-authorized by E-Verify: 5.3 percent of employees "receive a final non-confirmation response because they are either not authorized to work in the United States, did not know that they had the opportunity to challenge an initial mismatch (or TNC), or choose not to follow the necessary procedures to prove work authorization after receiving an initial mismatch
The 5.8% who received a non-confirmation response must be the inaccuracies you're talking about in your intended misinformation. So we have 3 categories: The ones who are clearly illegal, the ones who choose not to contest the non-confirmation thereby admitting their guilt, and last of all those too stupid to know that they could challenge an initial mismatch.

So is it these who are too stupid to challenge an initial mismatch that you're referring to in your misinformation about the inaccuracies of E-verify?

Wait. What you must be referring to about the inaccuracies of E-verify is that millions of illegals with fake identities get approved by E-verify?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
You mean that a house crammed with a bunch of illegal aliens has a combined household income of $40,000? Link please.

www.cis.org/Everify

The 5.8% who received a non-confirmation response must be the inaccuracies you're talking about in your intended misinformation. So we have 3 categories: The ones who are clearly illegal, the ones who choose not to contest the non-confirmation thereby admitting their guilt, and last of all those too stupid to know that they could challenge an initial mismatch.

So is it these who are too stupid to challenge an initial mismatch that you're referring to in your misinformation about the inaccuracies of E-verify?

Wait. What you must be referring to about the inaccuracies of E-verify is that millions of illegals with fake identities get approved by E-verify?
As if the Christian Monitor's opinion means anything anyway. One example of a man being denied his job back after clearing up his records is not a measure of how most scenarios would play out. My sugggestion would be with e-verify implemented is that the employer would be required to hire any legitimate employee back who fell within the questionable range and immediately took steps to clear up his records (30 day grace period). That would protect legitimate workers from losing their jobs due to inaccurate records.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As if the Christian Monitor's opinion means anything anyway. One example of a man being denied his job back after clearing up his records is not a measure of how most scenarios would play out. My sugggestion would be with e-verify implemented is that the employer would be required to hire any legitimate employee back who fell within the questionable range and immediately took steps to clear up his records (30 day grace period). That would protect legitimate workers from losing their jobs due to inaccurate records.
I agree. Protecting legitimate workers from losing their jobs due to inaccurate records can only enhance the credibility of E-verify. Apparently some employers are not checking every applicant but only checking the legal status of questionable applicants, i.e. obviously hispanic and with some flag indicator that the applicant isn't legal, such as the applicant can't speak English or can just barely speak English. In such cases who could blame the employer for taking the position that they don't have the time and don't want to fool with questionable applicants who receive non-confirmation. Epecially if the job is low skilled with plenty of other applicants available who didn't receive non-confirmation.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:09 PM

I've posted it many times...I honestly don't feel like posting it again. It seems as if people want to continue to ignore links when initially posted ON THE SAME SUBJECT. It seriously is becoming a pet peeve. I gave you the location, you can look. You can go ahead and either search it yourself or look for previous posts. Pew Hispanic research. All the demographic data is available. Again the Pew Hispanic Center, you can also Google search. Not to mention the average family size was slightly more than 3 people (so on average 4 people, compared to 3). The average number of workers is approx 2 vs. 1.5 (illegal v. native born). Again all from Pew, those numbers are from 2005.

www.cis.org/Everify

No, it's the independent organization that cited the higher error rate.

No, the millions of records that are mismatched that needed to be sorted first. Why is this a hard concept?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's actually very reputable, whereas the CIS has been criticized for holding material information and being very bias. Why not tighten the program up first than implement it? Why trial by fire in a down economy? That's a dumb idea...

Old 02-24-2010, 01:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's actually very reputable, whereas the CIS has been criticized for holding material information and being very bias. Why not tighten the program up first than implement it? Why trial by fire in a down economy? That's a dumb idea...
Amnesty for a bunch of criminals (illegal aliens) is a dumb idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or