U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,857,919 times

Advertisements

Talk about arrogance. We have perhaps in excess of 20 million foreigners living illegally in this country, availing themselves of ALL of our benefits; and in some instances, receiving better treatment than citizens. Yet, these ingrates whine that OUR government has done NOTHING for them; and they are frustrated and disappointed.

Quote:
Subhash Kateel thinks impatience with President Obama's immigration agenda has begun to boil over. An immigrant advocate in Florida, Kateel says there is a potent mix of frustration and disappointment percolating through immigrant communities nationwide.

President Obama promised sweeping changes to the immigration system before taking office and raised immigrants' hopes, says Kateel. Instead of delivering, the administration has maintained the status quo: high-handed enforcement tactics that separate families and funnel immigrants into substandard immigration courts and detention centers.

Kateel is one among many immigrant advocates nationwide who sees a need to reignite the immigrant rights battle with more imaginative and hard-hitting tactics.

The government hasn't done anything for us, so we need to do something for ourselves," says Matos
Immigration Reform Advocates Losing Patience with Obama | CommonDreams.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,189,169 times
Note that he/she uses the word immigrant where the term illegal aliens should be used?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,144,843 times
Ya know, what part of change do they not understand? They hang onto a few words spoken by one politician during a campaign, long ago. Listen to your President! Selfish arrogant activists pursuing an agenda NOT beneficial to America; continuous ignorant pursuance produces resentment.

I just gotta add...boo-hoo

Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,715,651 times
It sucks to be a lawbreaker here in the USA?

Old 02-22-2010, 03:56 PM

1,857 posts, read 2,035,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Ya know, what part of change do they not understand? They hang onto a few words spoken by one politician during a campaign, long ago. Listen to your President! Selfish arrogant activists pursuing an agenda NOT beneficial to America; continuous ignorant pursuance produces resentment.

I just gotta add...boo-hoo
Really. Boo-hoo was my first response to the article.

As for their hunger strikes - why don't they ALL starve themselves? Hunger strikes are about the dumbest thing they have added to this problem. Like we really care that they are fasting in protest.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:53 PM

3,867 posts, read 3,181,537 times
They have a right to be angry ,the Messiah ( Obama) made promises and pandered to these people and sooner or later they will see him for what he is.This is why at the last minute I didn't vote for him.He was pulling all this Hope and Change out of his *ss.At that point it was obvious to me that he couldn't possibbly do all he said,after all he was running for President and not KING of the USA.So he deserves all the criticism he gets from ALL sources for his campaign rhetoric.Let them cry all they want maybe then they can see what it is like being lied to by Obama it is a great learning experience to have your hopes and dreams shattered,what else do these lawbreakers expect?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 PM

February 21, 2010 at 3:59 am
Bryan needs a refresher since he's still high on Oback Barama's Kool-Aid.
Broken promise No. 1: 'Sunlight Before Signing'
Broken promise No. 2: Capital gains tax elimination
Broken promise No. 3: New American jobs tax credit
Broken promise No. 4: Hiatus on 401(k) penalties
Broken promise No. 5: 'No jobs for lobbyists'
Broken promise No. 6: Earmark reform
Broken promise No. 7: Bring troops home in 16 months
Broken promise No. 8: Sign 'Freedom of Choice Act'
Broken promise No. 9: $4,000 college credit
Broken promise No. 10: Transparency
Broken promise No. 11: Executive signing statements
And the lies continue!!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:09 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,189,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
They have a right to be angry ,the Messiah ( Obama) made promises and pandered to these people and sooner or later they will see him for what he is.This is why at the last minute I didn't vote for him.He was pulling all this Hope and Change out of his *ss.At that point it was obvious to me that he couldn't possibbly do all he said,after all he was running for President and not KING of the USA.So he deserves all the criticism he gets from ALL sources for his campaign rhetoric.Let them cry all they want maybe then they can see what it is like being lied to by Obama it is a great learning experience to have your hopes and dreams shattered,what else do these lawbreakers expect?
I am not a fan of Obama but we all know that all presidents and politicians make promises they have no intention of keeping just to get votes. What gets me is that Obama has only been in office a little over a year and yet these illegal alien advocates expected him to drop heathcare reform, dealing with the war and other pressing issues and to have given them attention first. What arrogance! Presidents don't make immigration policies anyway, congress does. Why are they laying all the blame on him?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 PM

32,996 posts, read 30,260,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am not a fan of Obama but we all know that all presidents and politicians make promises they have no intention of keeping just to get votes. What gets me is that Obama has only been in office a little over a year and yet these illegal alien advocates expected him to drop heathcare reform, dealing with the war and other pressing issues and to have given them attention first. What arrogance! Presidents don't make immigration policies anyway, congress does. Why are they laying all the blame on him?
Besides a new door to social services what is the big deal for this amnesty? Oh wait, that is the big deal. It's not enough their children are qualified for social services they want Grandma who's lived 75 years of her life as a Mexican National to be supported by our tax dollars.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes Bush also pandered to them,but Obama's big mistake is he gave them a timeline (His first year in office) that has passed.Also they believed that since he was a "minority" instead of a "gabacho"(White person) he would see the issue differently and act.Illegals,legals and most Americans were so SICK of Bush/Cheney that they believed Obama would truly be the answer to the Country's problems that they believed all the hype his political machine put out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or