Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:02 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Well, that didn't take long.

Chicagonut, everything isn't as rosy as you make it sound. It sounds so Mickey Mouse of you, to just assume that they can go back there and their hard work will pay off. Everything is controlled by a vast caste-societal complex, there is no such thing as a "Mexican Dream". For some, the "easy way out", is better than starving to death, or living a life in extreme poverty.

ArizonaBear, you'd have to reform Mexico's system for that to happen. Again, a pipe-dream. You assume that Mexico's "haves" have a reason to care about their underclass.
That is not our problem: either Mexico grows up or it implodes--------we owe that place nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,131 times
Quote:

Chicagonut, everything isn't as rosy as you make it sound. It sounds so Mickey Mouse of you, to just assume that they can go back there and their hard work will pay off. Everything is controlled by a vast caste-societal complex, there is no such thing as a "Mexican Dream". For some, the "easy way out", is better than starving to death, or living a life in extreme poverty.

ArizonaBear, you'd have to reform Mexico's system for that to happen. Again, a pipe-dream. You assume that Mexico's "haves" have a reason to care about their underclass.
But the gullible American taxpayers should have more compassion for these uninvited and unwanted illegal Mexican poverty reject border jumpers than Mexico's own "haves" have? Now why would that be?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:16 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,914,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is not our problem: either Mexico grows up or it implodes--------we owe that place nothing.
I never said it was our problem, and I never said we owe them anything.

You were quarterbacking from beyond the fence, "let them step up and help their bottom feeders"....

Old 02-23-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
But the gullible American taxpayers should have more compassion for these uninvited and unwanted illegal Mexican poverty reject border jumpers than Mexico's own "haves" have? Now why would that be?
You tell me.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:25 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,041 times
Quote:
How about they go nowhere?
I'd rather we help our neighbor develop their economy and infrastructure so their citizens don't have to die in the desert to come here illegally for a better life.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I'd rather we help our neighbor develop their economy and infrastructure so their citizens don't have to die in the desert to come here illegally for a better life.
So if we move aerospace companies to Mexico, the illegals will stop coming?

LOL.

I don't think I've ever known an illegal that came from Northern Mexico.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,552,022 times
Quote:

Clearly, they don’t care. However, Mexico can no longer rely on the U.S. to alleviate their problems. Our own citizens are in dire straits. In addition to the 18 million unemployed citizens, it was reported today that at least 30 million citizens are underemployed. Moreover, the government has ended extensions for unemployment benefits. Therefore, millions of citizens will soon have no source of income. Yet, we should be concerned about the Mexican underclass illegally residing (and working) in this country? If the Mexican oligarchy has “no reason to care,” why the heck should we? We already have at least 10% of their citizens, should we be expected to accommodate their entire underclass?

The Mexican government must prepare for the repatriation of their citizens, and Mexican illegals must prepare to return home. Amnesty will again fail, so they are only prolonging the inevitable. Illegals are constantly lauded by their supporters for their hard work and reliability. Surely, they would be an asset to their country. In any case, we have assumed this burden too long.

Starving are they?

Quote:
MEXICO CITY – Fueled by the rising popularity of soft drinks and fast food restaurants, Mexico has become the second-fattest nation in the world. Mexican health officials say it could surpass the United States as the most obese country within 10 years if trends continue.

More than 71 percent of Mexican women and 66 percent of Mexican men are overweight, according to the latest national surveys.
Mexico is second-fattest nation after U.S. | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Mexico's growing obesity problem | GlobalPost

Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times
Quote:

Did I say anything about it being rosey in Mexico? The Mexican people wouldn't be the first to rise up against their government. The difference is they lack the courage to do and instead jump our borders.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,904,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Did I say anything about it being rosey in Mexico? The Mexican people wouldn't be the first to rise up against their government. The difference is they lack the courage to do and instead jump our borders.
Oh how I missed your ridicuously simplistic, and flat out wrong views. I always wondered if the deep depths of ignorance hold true bliss...

Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Oh how I missed your ridicuously simplistic, and flat out wrong views. I always wondered if the deep depths of ignorance hold true bliss...
chicagonut is correct and your implication that the Mexican peons are cowards pretty much confirms what she stated. Either said peons 'grow a pair' or will remain in de facto serfdom longer to the wealthy elite SoB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration