U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 05:46 AM

60,155 posts, read 30,614,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetta View Post
Everybody immigrated from somewhere, unless you are native american.

How are you goning to deport all so-called illegals anyway?
You gonna get a ship and send the Chinese back to China?
What about the Europeans who enter the country illegally?
How you gonna round them up?

No offense but, seems like it's just a "certain group" of people who are afraid and/or intimidated by people coming here to make a life for themselves.
Sometimes they can't afford to purchase the required documents until they can earn enough money to do so.
Live and let live. Focus some of that negative energy on global warming or feeding the homeless....something positive.

Are you leaving illegal off of immigration for a purpose?

There is a big difference in illegal alien trespass and legal immigration.

Stop going after the illegal aliens! I don't blame them, I'd be the first across the border, if I were them too, if someone offered me a job at 3 times what I make now.
I say go after the employers. not just a slap on the hand either.
You get caught employing an illegal alien, your personal and business assets are seized... Everything. Then you get to sit for 5-10 years in federal prison, without parole.

No job, and they will go home. We would not have to spend a dime of taxpayer money and they would self deport. No families broken up, no more anchor babies!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 05:55 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,733,715 times
Yep all those illegal immigrants are so great. They fill our prisons. They steal identities and make citizens lives a living hell. Most all of them pay no taxes and half of them are on welfare among many other social programs. The education in our schools suffer. Hospitals have had to close because of the cost and other hospitals can barely stay afloat. They send billions back home to their countries so there is a great loss of revenue and taxes that would be generated in our economy by Americans. It is a never-ending growing nightmare.

Yes there are some very honorable people that cross our borders illegaly but they still make the decision to start their life as a lawbreaker. Then we have the really decent people that play by the rules and immigrate legally. They have stock in this country and want to become citizens. Rarely does the illegal immigrant want to become a citizen and they never have any loyality to the country they are sucking off of. We see them protesting in our streets, burning and desecrating our flag, while laughing in our faces and calling us racist names.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Why do you care? I don't understand what difference it will make in your life.
I'm sure you aren't concerned about them taking your job because you wouldn't be doing the same type of work as them anyway...right?

They have invaded and overwhelmed the industry I work in. They have caused my wages to be stagnant for the last 20 years and now I'm to take a massive pay cut, to below poverty levels.

I work in the flooring industry, as an installer. I career I love to do and I'm dang good at. So don't come here and say they are doing jobs Americans won't do. More likely doing the jobs Americans can no longer afford to do, because of them being exploited.
They have put me out of work.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Sorry... I believe in giving everyone a chance for a better life...as long as they are not breaking the law.
It's the second commandment.

Well they are breaking the law, the second they step foot on American soil.
They are breaking the law, the second the do work for money on American soil.

We are a nation of laws. You want to be selective in the laws we enforce??

Old 02-23-2010, 06:12 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"Many people would have us believe that it would not actually be possible to round up and deport all illegal aliens in the U.S. This is most definitely not the case. It is merely a lack of resolve to do so. How can I say this? Easy. Itís been done successfully multiple times in the past. In fact, three of our most well-known presidents initiated successfull illegal alien deportation programs."

Read more:
The deportation of illegal aliens is possible

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. YOU can make a difference!
Sign up with: The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): US Immigration Reform & What You Can Do

I could stop our southern illegal immigration very easily.

all the USA has to do is to buil our own panama canal along the southern border of Texas from east to west. A canal 1 mile wide and .5 miles deep with sheer walls 500 feet high. try having illegals traverse that.

also, think of all the jobs that would create.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 AM

16,248 posts, read 20,593,561 times
We don't need to deport most illegal immigrants. We need to put those hiring them OUT of business and IN jail. When the jobs are gone, they will be gone too.
http://www.ajc.com/news/hispanics-fl...ob-307611.html

Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetta View Post
Everybody immigrated from somewhere, unless you are native american.

I was born in Ohio. I am still waitng for this person to tell me what country I immigrated from so I can go back. I did have a great grandmother that immigrated to America. Maybe we could dig her up and send her back.

This is the liberal propaganda that is going on in our schools. They indoctrinate the youth to believe everyone is an immigrant, equalizing illegal immigrants. If they are questioned, they are accused of being haters. Since common sense is frowned upon, it is a forgotton trait, never applied.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We don't need to deport most illegal immigrants. We need to put those hiring them OUT of business and IN jail. When the jobs are gone, they will be gone too.
Hispanics flee law, job loss *| ajc.com

They will just go on welfare because this country is stupid enough to let illegal immigrants have it. More than 50% of them are on welfare already. That would be 10 million that should not even be here.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 AM

16,248 posts, read 20,593,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
They will just go on welfare because this country is stupid enough to let illegal immigrants have it. More than 50% of them are on welfare already. That would be 10 million that should not even be here.
Not in Georgia. You cannot even get state benefits if you are a LEGAL immigrant here. You have to be here 5 years to get pre K, Medicare or Peachcare.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Not in Georgia. You cannot even get state benefits if you are a LEGAL immigrant here. You have to be here 5 years to get pre K, Medicare or Peachcare.

that's why you will find most of them in the liberal wacko states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or