U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Unions love illegal immigration because it is easier to sign up illegals. The unions are in it for the money. They could care less about the country or the American worker. The president of SEIU (hussein obama's buds) bragged how the majority of their union workers are illegal immigrants. As an after thought he did say and "and we have a few legal workers too"

This will have to be tackled state by state demanding E-Verify is used or picket the business. If they are not a business signed up for E--Verify, boycott it. Once the illegals are driven from jobs they will leave providing our government does not continue to give them welfare.
yes mexican people do support unions. like the french, they know that banding together will compel the government to meet their demands. we on the other hand have forgotten this important fact. we think the law and those sworn to uphold it will protect us, that is so wrong. we think labor laws made in 1930 are a bullet proof vest to sustain our good life forever. what baloney. rugged individualism does not win the day. john wayne would have gotten killed in every western were it not for a bearded old man with a shotgun covering his backside. its by little guys like us banding together that made this a wonderful country to live in. not a few tough guy wanabees looking out for #1. unions made us great and lack thereof will take us back to the lettuce fields.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-23-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 07:50 PM

439 posts, read 790,934 times
I don't think mass deportation is the way to go. I know people who have been deported...it doesn't stop them from heading right across the border again a week later. If there is a promise of a job available here, offering double or triple what they could make in Mexico (or whichever country they originate from), you better believe many people will take the risk and try to get here. Illegal immigrants can sometimes earn enough here to buy homes and businesses for family members back in their home countries. That's a huge incentive to make it here...legally or otherwise.
The better course of action, as others have pointed out, is regulating businesses. Verifying employee status. If businesses can't hire undocumented folks, what would be the reason for them to come here? Self deportation is the cheaper way to go. I really do sympathize with people who come here. But in the long run, forcing them to confront the problems in their home countries could be the best option....

Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM

14 posts, read 13,519 times
[quote=Yvetta;13018128]Everybody immigrated from somewhere, unless you are native american.

How are you goning to deport all so-called illegals anyway? Enforce the LAWS of the U.S. and send them back and don't let 'em back in unless they ask for permission to enter and it's granted.
You gonna get a ship and send the Chinese back to China? No, send them coach on a plane, they'll get there faster.
What about the Europeans who enter the country illegally? You think they should fly first class??
How you gonna round them up? Workplace checks. They'll eventually head back if they can't find work; no doubt their families miss them.

No offense but, seems like it's just a "certain group" of people who are afraid and/or intimidated by people coming here to make a life for themselves. Yea, the groups of people who come here LEGALLY or who are BORN here from LEGAL residents, and who PAY TAXES.
Sometimes they can't afford to purchase the required documents until they can earn enough money to do so. Many can afford to pay smugglers to bring them across borders......fake documents are purchased all the time.
Live and let live. Focus some of that negative energy on global warming or feeding the homeless....something positive. Illegal immigration affects both of these issues dear.....They can get a medical exam, a criminal background check, a sponsor, come here legally, embrace American culture, and be welcomed.

(Is this post a joke?)

Old 02-26-2010, 05:29 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Put three Army Divisons on the Border and shut it down. Then mandatory jail time for anyone caught employing them.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 PM

3,440 posts, read 7,047,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"Many people would have us believe that it would not actually be possible to round up and deport all illegal aliens in the U.S. This is most definitely not the case. It is merely a lack of resolve to do so. How can I say this? Easy. It’s been done successfully multiple times in the past. In fact, three of our most well-known presidents initiated successfull illegal alien deportation programs."

Read more:
The deportation of illegal aliens is possible

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. YOU can make a difference!
Sign up with: The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): US Immigration Reform & What You Can Do

We can stop "illegal immigration" by going over to South America and helping them irradiate crime, poverty and gangs. Also, the corrupt officials and families who terrorize their own people should all be lined up and shot.

See, Mexicans only come to the states to find a better way to live. If we can improve their standard of living, then it would be no need for them to come here. Heck, in a way, they really don't want to come here because if you take out the criminal element, they live in paradise because of the nice beaches and good weather; that's why many talk about going back to Mexico to retire; if they can.

Last edited by Morphous01; 02-26-2010 at 06:42 PM..

Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have invaded and overwhelmed the industry I work in. They have caused my wages to be stagnant for the last 20 years and now I'm to take a massive pay cut, to below poverty levels.

I work in the flooring industry, as an installer. I career I love to do and I'm dang good at. So don't come here and say they are doing jobs Americans won't do. More likely doing the jobs Americans can no longer afford to do, because of them being exploited.
They have put me out of work.

Well it's not their fault, it's the big shots in office (on both sides) that profit the most from all this. So get mad at them; not some poor person with no power crossing the border.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy1 View Post
twice now, californians have voted the illegals out, but it never happens. The corrupt politicians and judges in sacramento always overrule the peoples wishes. So all i can say is, "good luck" ..... Because even if the entire nation voted on this, and it passed, it will never happen!!!
yup.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:26 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Well it's not their fault, it's the big shots in office (on both sides) that profit the most from all this. So get mad at them; not some poor person with no power crossing the border.
They are both to blame and so are the employers who hire them. Illegals don't get a pass. They know what they are doing.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Sort of like us paying for criminals for 20 years in prison?
Hmmm, let me think.
Pay for a murderer in prison with my tax dollars or cmplain about a hungry family trying to make a better life for themselves by coming here and working.
Tough decision, huh?
Sorry... I believe in giving everyone a chance for a better life...as long as they are not breaking the law.
It's the second commandment.
So you believe in giving them a chance if they are not law breaking.Are you for real?????? How about immigration laws,document fraud,identity theft for starters.How about the milllions spent on Illegal alien criminals already incarcerated across the country.Obviously you didn't give much thought before you posted.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 PM

60,066 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

From my post #11 here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
Are you leaving illegal off of immigration for a purpose?

There is a big difference in illegal alien trespass and legal immigration.

Stop going after the illegal aliens! I don't blame them, I'd be the first across the border, if I were them too, if someone offered me a job at 3 times what I make now.
I say go after the employers. not just a slap on the hand either.
You get caught employing an illegal alien, your personal and business assets are seized... Everything. Then you get to sit for 5-10 years in federal prison, without parole.

No job, and they will go home. We would not have to spend a dime of taxpayer money and they would self deport. No families broken up, no more anchor babies!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or