U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:57 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,663,819 times

Advertisements

that1guy -

I guess you noticed the cage is getting really crowded. It will continue to do so under the need for short term growth so beloved by the Wall Street Greedsters until everyone else wants to live like us. Then the exploitable resources like arable land will become over used and the crops will fail followed by a huge famine. That will be a very bad decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,819,682 times
[quote=UrbanQuest;13063296]
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Despite the fact that the industrial revolution and the advent of modern medicine had more to do with population increase, also despite the fact we really don't know what peak oil is (I believe the concept, but an skeptical when people claim we've "reached the peak" or past the peak), also despite the fact that you don't account for increased ingenuity and technology...please tell me what this has to do with illegal immigration?[/QUOTE]

O.K. Illegal Immigrants are a population of people coming to any particular country. This added population (in our case millions) not only work but consume. Even if not many of them drive, I can name a countless number of products you use everyday of your life that is derived from fossil fuels.

Americans per-capita are the greatest users of fossil fuels on the planet. If you add population that further excacerbate the huge amount of LEGAL residents we allow in already. I'll try and be conservative and assume illegals use only 50% of the resources of the average legal american. For every million illegals here equates to the consumption and eradication of massive amounts of natural resources, which are a finite resource.

We here in America need to figure out a way to become much more environmental progressive on these issues. I don't just mean recycling even though this is very important. Until we have fixed this problem, I believe it is unethical to allow millions of people into this wasteful and greedy nation. A phenomenon compounded by illegal aliens.

Clear enough???
It's not very environmental to bring in millions of fast reproducing people, the people with the highest birth rate in the world and pay them to have babies or reward them for having them and that's what we're doing.

It's also stupid environmentally to move people from a mild climate where they need no heat in the winter to frigid areas of the USA like Chicago and have to provide them heat in the winter just to get a lot of low wage labor.

The population of the USA is growing extremely fast and it's not from the high birth rates of the American people whose birth rates are quite stable, pretty much at replacement level. Our extreme population growth is due to the uncontrolled and very high levels of immigration and the very high birth rates of immigrants.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:03 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,165,382 times
[quote=malamute;13065412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post

It's not very environmental to bring in millions of fast reproducing people, the people with the highest birth rate in the world and pay them to have babies or reward them for having them and that's what we're doing.

It's also stupid environmentally to move people from a mild climate where they need no heat in the winter to frigid areas of the USA like Chicago and have to provide them heat in the winter just to get a lot of low wage labor.

The population of the USA is growing extremely fast and it's not from the high birth rates of the American people whose birth rates are quite stable, pretty much at replacement level. Our extreme population growth is due to the uncontrolled and very high levels of immigration and the very high birth rates of immigrants.
Another fact filled post by someone besides me who doesn't have tunnel vision for our country's future. Thanks!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:34 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,085,116 times

Typically immigrants (legal or illegal) don't have the highest birthrates in world. Also we don't pay them to have babies.

What? This part makes no sense whatsoever. It's not as if the slight immigration northward will skew CO2 levels to a significant extent. Not to mention the majority live in mild regions. So what you're stating is not really true.

The population of the US is actually not growing that fast. If there were no immigration, we would be below replacement level. We have seen the potential damage of this in Japan and several European countries. I'd suggest you actually look at the current data out there.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:35 PM

[quote=chicagonut;13066110]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Another fact filled post by someone besides me who doesn't have tunnel vision for our country's future. Thanks!
It lacked facts. I think the notion that you have that this if "fact filled" is a testament to the true nature of our national crisis. An inability to distinguish "facts" from fear mongering fiction.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
that1guy -

I guess you noticed the cage is getting really crowded. It will continue to do so under the need for short term growth so beloved by the Wall Street Greedsters until everyone else wants to live like us. Then the exploitable resources like arable land will become over used and the crops will fail followed by a huge famine. That will be a very bad decade.
How does this AT ALL relate to illegal immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration