U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Statistics have been posted in here over and over from viable sources indicating that illegal aliens are a net negative to our country and society.

If they left their homeland for a job, they will go back to their homelands voluntarily without jobs here anymore (that is if the claims by the pro-illegals are valid "they are only here to work". Most already had jobs in their homeland anyway. They came here because our jobs pay better that's all. If their children can longer gain an education here that would be another incentive to leave voluntarily. This isn't rocket science.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-25-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Will it take into cosideration the cost to NOT educate? That's the only way to actually know the TRUE costs...
What a dreamie thought. But why would anybody except a pro illegal sympathiser/apologizer/aider/abetter with an agenda care about the cost not to educate? I'm going out on a limb here but in my opinion the cost not to educate would be whatever it costs to round up the illegal students and their illegal uninvited and unwanted parents and deport them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
What a dreamie thought. But why would anybody except a pro illegal sympathiser/apologizer/aider/abetter with an agenda care about the cost not to educate? I'm going out on a limb here but in my opinion the cost not to educate would be whatever it costs to round up the illegal students and their illegal uninvited and unwanted parents and deport them.
It's logic...use it, but what would expect from a ethnocentric, superficial patriot, wilfully ignorant, agenda pusher as yourself? In order to determine true cost, you have to subtract out the potential impact. You see which is worse. In fact, that's the best way to get an ACCURATE idea...I think that's fair to determine the true cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 02:11 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17688
I think it needs to be done for data to support changes to enrollment and modifications to the 14th. Even if the students are allowed to attend they may decide at some date to actually bill the families that are taking advantage of it. If not bill it may change benefits such as busing out of the area like they do now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
How is self deporting accomplished? Not to mention, how do you get the true cost without knowing the net benefit of illegal immigrants?
Self deportation is doable and we already have examples of it working. Illegals are leaving areas that pass laws making life difficult. The migrate to more illegal friendly states. If we impose laws accross all 50 states that make working here without proper documentation all but impossible they will leave.
Hammer the employers, all employers who knowingly hire illegals. That includes Joe home owner who cruises Home depot for cheap help.
What is the net benefit of illegals? We keep hearing how they make things cheaper for everyone but no evidence is produced to support the claim.
I know from personal experience that the socalled savings was not going to be passed on to me. I know this when I fired a contractor who used what I suspected as illegals. He could not produce any proof to the contrary such as green cards.
His replacement was within a few dollars of his bid. I refuse to accept that this was a fluke. I think that like most employers of illegals he pocketed the savings for himself.
I do know that hospitals in Georgia are struggling because of unpaid bills by illegals who give false documentation.
California is struggling with the cost measured in billions.
Legalizing 12 million criminals? How is this productive? Rewarding the crime? That only serves to encourage more of the same. Case in point our last amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Self deportation is doable and we already have examples of it working. Illegals are leaving areas that pass laws making life difficult. The migrate to more illegal friendly states. If we impose laws accross all 50 states that make working here without proper documentation all but impossible they will leave.
Hammer the employers, all employers who knowingly hire illegals. That includes Joe home owner who cruises Home depot for cheap help.
What is the net benefit of illegals? We keep hearing how they make things cheaper for everyone but no evidence is produced to support the claim.
I know from personal experience that the socalled savings was not going to be passed on to me. I know this when I fired a contractor who used what I suspected as illegals. He could not produce any proof to the contrary such as green cards.
His replacement was within a few dollars of his bid. I refuse to accept that this was a fluke. I think that like most employers of illegals he pocketed the savings for himself.
I do know that hospitals in Georgia are struggling because of unpaid bills by illegals who give false documentation.
California is struggling with the cost measured in billions.
Legalizing 12 million criminals? How is this productive? Rewarding the crime? That only serves to encourage more of the same. Case in point our last amnesty.
I actually just posted on this. Concerning how enforcement is not the whole story (a weak economy) and how the drop is less likely to affect an increasingly established illegal immigrant community. As for hospitals in GA, seeing how there are less illegal immigrants than those without insurance, it is completely possible that unisured people cause the majority of cost.

CA has bigger issues than illegal immigrants, like the inability to pass a budget due to prop 13. Or the exemption of increase of property taxes which favor huge land owners (Disney is paying WAY below assessed value...as are MANY other places).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 05:05 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I actually just posted on this. Concerning how enforcement is not the whole story (a weak economy) and how the drop is less likely to affect an increasingly established illegal immigrant community. As for hospitals in GA, seeing how there are less illegal immigrants than those without insurance, it is completely possible that unisured people cause the majority of cost.

CA has bigger issues than illegal immigrants, like the inability to pass a budget due to prop 13. Or the exemption of increase of property taxes which favor huge land owners (Disney is paying WAY below assessed value...as are MANY other places).
If Prop 13 were dumped you'd see half the tax payers leave CA. Where would the Illegals and lifetime welfare cases get the taxes to live off of then? Paying 7000 a year for a 70 year old house isn't going to go well with all those retirees on a fixed income. That's why it's prop 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If Prop 13 were dumped you'd see half the tax payers leave CA. Where would the Illegals and lifetime welfare cases get the taxes to live off of then? Paying 7000 a year for a 70 year old house isn't going to go well with all those retirees on a fixed income. That's why it's prop 13.
Umm...if Prop 13 were modified as to say PASS A BUDGET and not have an UNFAIR tax structure that punishes the young and rewards the old (us youth are dejected to the point of being used to it, so this point doesn't matter...)

Also did I say dump it. If anything I would like to see people like Disney pay a fairer tax rate (or any other multi-billion dollar business), while those who own their home should have some tax incentive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Both threads on this merged.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2010, 04:01 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I can hardly wait to hear how unfair and unjust this is.
If the State of Az wants a study to know what it costs to educate illegal alien chidren, means that they dont know what it acutually costs.

so all the "Experts" running around spouting costs... have no proof of cost.

Let AZ find out what it really costs. While the State is at it, they can do a benefit study to see how illegals pay into the system.

then a true cost analysis can be preformed. Because if your bank only showed your withdrawls and not your deposits, what kind of balance would you have. Not a true one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top