Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 AM

419 posts, read 2,019,009 times

Advertisements

I am reading alot of stories about Mexicans who are officially deported but think it is all a joke and just come back to America to try again the next day. In many cases they return to the same town and same job, and just call them selves a new name and get a new fake social security number. It seems almost silly.

I read that many illegal aliens are caught and admit to being deported 4-5 times and plan to come back and try again and maybe risk being deported a sixth time. I thought coming back to America after being formally deported was a felony, is it not being prosecuted?

What it the difference between being formally deported and being picked up at the border and being sent back?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:55 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I am reading alot of stories about Mexicans who are officially deported but think it is all a joke and just come back to America to try again the next day. In many cases they return to the same town and same job, and just call them selves a new name and get a new fake social security number. It seems almost silly.

I read that many illegal aliens are caught and admit to being deported 4-5 times and plan to come back and try again and maybe risk being deported a sixth time. I thought coming back to America after being formally deported was a felony, is it not being prosecuted?

What it the difference between being formally deported and being picked up at the border and being sent back?
All I know is that if you come in illegally, you're supposed to stay in jail 6 months, and then be deported.

I don't think there's a difference between "formal" deportation and deportation right away at the border.

Unfortunately, as we all know, we are not following our OWN laws.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 AM

436 posts, read 809,662 times
Of course it is a joke. They don't care about the laws here, and the government, by its lack of action does not care either. I believe it is a game they play. Contrary to popular belief they don';t all come here to better their lives. Looks at the amount of crime committed by these people.

Build the wall, reinforce the border, repeal the fourteenth amendment, and deport all found to be in violation of the laws (it can be done). A country without borders will cease to exist.

Make the illegals abide by the same rules as stipulated in the Mexican Constitution.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:10 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,416 times
It is also a FELONY for those who give refuge to an illegal...
Anyone who harbors, houses, gives refuge is commiting a crime.. a felony!
How we can help with this is.. if you know of someone that rents a home to illegals.. contact the authorities, if you know of someone is letting an illegal stay in thier home.. turn them in. You don't need to see a document to know for sure.. read between the lines, so-to-speak. Most of the times the documents are a forgery anyway. We had a house a few blocks over that had 15 illegals living in it.. a 1 bed, 1 bath! They are not there now!
There also use to be 30 to 40 a day hanging out at the local lowes.. not any more! Once more and more Americans stand up.. you CAN make a difference!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
If the illegals would just follow the laws we must follow after they are here there would be much less animosity. But you are right, they think they are a joke - because everyone is so afraid of being called a racist they will not arrest them.

On our news last night a new affluent suburb north of here was trying to 'educate' the illegals that you don't park in handicapped spaces, block fireplugs, park in the grass, block driveways, etc...

I personally witnessed a crew getting off work - they blocked an elementary school parking lot driveway during a PTA party and proceeded to start playing loud music and consuming liquour and beer. It is against the law to drink on a school campus.

Several people called the police. The police did not write tickets nor arrest them, they just told them to move on. After about 10 minutes, they did. They were all heard laughing loudly.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:25 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Thats why the only real reason is to make its VERY uncomfortable for them here. No handing out drivers license to them, punish people who hide them, who hire them.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
If the illegals would just follow the laws we must follow after they are here there would be much less animosity. But you are right, they think they are a joke - because everyone is so afraid of being called a racist they will not arrest them.

On our news last night a new affluent suburb north of here was trying to 'educate' the illegals that you don't park in handicapped spaces, block fireplugs, park in the grass, block driveways, etc...

I personally witnessed a crew getting off work - they blocked an elementary school parking lot driveway during a PTA party and proceeded to start playing loud music and consuming liquour and beer. It is against the law to drink on a school campus.

Several people called the police. The police did not write tickets nor arrest them, they just told them to move on. After about 10 minutes, they did. They were all heard laughing loudly.
That is so infuriating! They thumb their noses at our laws, and at us. It is their arrogance and absolute contempt that has inflamed so many legal citizens. If our government would stringently enforce our laws, we wouldn't have this brazen behavior---they would truly be 'living in the shadows' instead of laughing in our faces---taunting us, and daring us to object.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:15 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
It is also a FELONY for those who give refuge to an illegal...
Anyone who harbors, houses, gives refuge is commiting a crime.. a felony!
How we can help with this is.. if you know of someone that rents a home to illegals.. contact the authorities, if you know of someone is letting an illegal stay in thier home.. turn them in. You don't need to see a document to know for sure.. read between the lines, so-to-speak. Most of the times the documents are a forgery anyway. We had a house a few blocks over that had 15 illegals living in it.. a 1 bed, 1 bath! They are not there now!
There also use to be 30 to 40 a day hanging out at the local lowes.. not any more! Once more and more Americans stand up.. you CAN make a difference!
You've said this about a million times, we know that. It is not a felony to cross the border. To be convicted of hopping the border and then coming back in is a felony.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You've said this about a million times, we know that. It is not a felony to cross the border. To be convicted of hopping the border and then coming back in is a felony.
It doesn't matter what you call it. Call it birthday cake if you like. The point is that illegal aliens are to be removed.

If I find an uninvited "guest" in my home, I expect the police to remove him from my property. It would be nice if they prosecuted him afterward, to serve as a deterrent, but I'm concerned with his removal.

Felony schmelony. SEND THEM HOME!

Old 01-15-2008, 01:49 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
The vast number of illegals deported are actually self deported. The agree to volunteer to go back and the deportation doesn't count. It for all intents and purposes never happened as far as future court actions.

Now Elvira, that convicted felon who was ordered deported and hid in the Chicago church, she could have been nailed with extensive prison time after she sneaked back in. But the feds choose not to push it and allowed her to self deport as well. Which is just as well. She was arrested in LA, and I can't imagine a federal jury in LA sending an illegal to prison for violating immigration laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration