U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,018,922 times
Reputation: 450

Advertisements

Pro-Illegal-Immigration 'La Raza' Blasts Obama Health Plan for Not Including Illegal Aliens | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Quote:
U.S. Latinos should be furious with the way the National Council of La Raza equates Latinos with illegal aliens.
The fact is that the Obama plan doesn't treat Latino Americans any differently than any other Americans. But it does treat legal U.S. residents differently than illegal ones. And La Raza should keep in mind that illegal aliens aren't just Latino but come in every nationality and ethnicity.
Really...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
 
Location: NoVA
1,362 posts, read 2,057,767 times
Reputation: 1786
Good. The more bennies that illegals are shut out from, the better.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 14,971,611 times
Reputation: 3019
This has been a recurring theme with Janet and her minions. They should be ashamed to deliberately relegate all Hispanics to the ranks of illegal aliens, solely for the profits of the corporate elite. I am always reminded of the former African slave traders when I think of La Raza and their despicable peddling of their own.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,317 posts, read 17,747,723 times
Reputation: 6498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This has been a recurring theme with Janet and her minions. They should be ashamed to deliberately relegate all Hispanics to the ranks of illegal aliens, solely for the profits of the corporate elite. I am always reminded of the former African slave traders when I think of La Raza and their despicable peddling of their own.
The irony is what I find of interest.
On one hand we have the pro-illegal side up in arms if we Stereotype illegals as hispanics.Then on the other hand the hispanic Laraza is upset because they feel the bill is unfair to hispanics because it does not cover illegals.
Why can't we have our cake and eat it too?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 10,410,656 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The irony is what I find of interest.
On one hand we have the pro-illegal side up in arms if we Stereotype illegals as hispanics.Then on the other hand the hispanic Laraza is upset because they feel the bill is unfair to hispanics because it does not cover illegals.
Why can't we have our cake and eat it too?
Bunch of hypocrites, aren't they?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
5,565 posts, read 6,386,158 times
Reputation: 3276
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The fact is that the Obama plan doesn't treat Latino Americans any differently than any other Americans. But it does treat legal U.S. residents differently than illegal ones. And La Raza should keep in mind that illegal aliens aren't just Latino but come in every nationality and ethnicity.
Really now.... It's people with thinking like this why our country has fallen so much in power, innovation, and intelligence in the past few decades.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 08:26 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 3,858,209 times
Reputation: 956
Simple fact...Not all latinos are Illegal Aliens. Not all Illegal Aliens are latinos.

La Raza Unida is a avocate for Latinos. Legal or not.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 10,410,656 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Simple fact...Not all latinos are Illegal Aliens. Not all Illegal Aliens are latinos.

La Raza Unida is a avocate for Latinos. Legal or not.
The problem is that they are demanding amnesty for the illegal kind though. That kind of advocacy group we don't need in this country. It would be the same thing if any white/black advocacy group were making demands for their own illegal kind.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 08:56 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 10,410,656 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Really now.... It's people with thinking like this why our country has fallen so much in power, innovation, and intelligence in the past few decades.
You weren't quoting me you were quoting tinman. How did my name show up as the one who is being quoted?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 03:07 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 3,858,209 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The problem is that they are demanding amnesty for the illegal kind though. That kind of advocacy group we don't need in this country. It would be the same thing if any white/black advocacy group were making demands for their own illegal kind.
So to be clear, Do you have a problem with LRU advocating amnesty, or that they advocate on behalf of Illegal Aliens?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top