U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

Minority Advocates, Constituents Differ on Immigration -- WASHINGTON, Feb. 25 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Quote:
These views are in sharp contrast to the leaders of most ethnic advocacy organizations, who argue for increased immigration and legalization of illegal immigrants. The survey used neutral language, avoiding such terms as "amnesty," "illegal alien," or "undocumented."
Maybe, MAYBE now the illegal aliens will stop believing the bullsh*t their supposed supporters are saying. TRUTH=the majority do NOT want them here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
The poll of Hispanic, Asian-American, and African-American likely voters finds some support for legalization. But overall each of these groups prefers enforcement and for illegal immigrants to return home.
What? You mean all opponents of illegal immigration are not racists, xenophobes, or nativists? Do tell.

We have been trying to convey this message for ages. However, the agenda of the illegal alien peddlers relies on the demonization of opposition. Soon, it will become painfully clear to illegal aliens and their supporters, that there will be no amnesty, and the citizens of this country have had enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What? You mean all opponents of illegal immigration are not racists, xenophobes, or nativists? Do tell.

We have been trying to convey this message for ages. However, the agenda of the illegal alien peddlers relies on the demonization of opposition. Soon, it will become painfully clear to illegal aliens and their supporters, that there will be no amnesty, and the citizens of this country have had enough.
It's not as simplistic as you put it (minorities dislike illegal immigrants, thus it has nothing to do with race). Minorities can be racist, first off. Secondly, minorities can be ethnocentric. Thirdly, you didn't address the mechanism that put this belief in place.

It's interesting how people don't really understand how society works. It's a classic in-group out-group dichotomy. Those in power (the in group) try to advance the claim that those in lesser positions are in the same group by focusing on an out group. Hence why poor Whites were hostile to Blacks. Hence why Blacks in CA voted for prop 8. Misinformation creates the stereotypes that are then held to be true. So in order to push an agenda, cheap labor, an informal sector needs to be created. To create a functioning informal sector, you need to have strife and harsh regulatory practices. Since you never addressed the demand side of the market (the illegal immigrants), they go seek out the supply side (jobs) any means possible. Just like how Blacks were unable to initially join unions. Stereotypes were used to create strife and division, thus forcing Blacks to be non-union and take less benefits and lower wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What? You mean all opponents of illegal immigration are not racists, xenophobes, or nativists? Do tell.

We have been trying to convey this message for ages. However, the agenda of the illegal alien peddlers relies on the demonization of opposition. Soon, it will become painfully clear to illegal aliens and their supporters, that there will be no amnesty, and the citizens of this country have had enough.
I think they already are feeling the flavor of this Americas' sentiments regarding amnesty and any preconceived notion of welcoming arms. The proof is in their beefed up lame attempts for publicity. I just love how they are now biting the hands they thought were feeding them, our politicians. But what does one expect from criminals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I think they already are feeling the flavor of this Americas' sentiments regarding amnesty and any preconceived notion of welcoming arms. The proof is in their beefed up lame attempts for publicity. I just love how they are now biting the hands they thought were feeding them, our politicians. But what does one expect from criminals?
Evidence that there is no honor among thieves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Evidence that there is no honor among thieves.
As our dear chigaconut often proclaims "it ain't rocket science people".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
As our dear chigaconut often proclaims "it ain't rocket science people".
Ah, the rise of anti-intellectualism go get 'em mentality of America. Don't you love it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
So it's better to neglect historical precedence (as expressed by Benicar and Chinut) rather than learn from our societal mistakes and become a better nation? That sounds like a smart idea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So it's better to neglect historical precedence (as expressed by Benicar and Chinut) rather than learn from our societal mistakes and become a better nation? That sounds like a smart idea...
Closing/locking our borders, changing our immigration laws to favor people from English speaking nations (regardless of actual race), doing away with birthright citizenship, etc. would help make the USA a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Closing/locking our borders, changing our immigration laws to favor people from English speaking nations (regardless of actual race), doing away with birthright citizenship, etc. would help make the USA a better place.
What? That's the worst ill-concieved plan I've read so far. Not to mention, what does this have to do with the quotation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top