U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are YOU calling Congress to oppose or support the illegal alien amnesty??
YES, I called to OPPOSE the amnesty! 14 53.85%
Yes, I called to SUPPORT the amnesty! 4 15.38%
No, I never call... afraid too or not sure what to say. 2 7.69%
No call, but I WROTE Congress to express my OPPOSITION. 6 23.08%
No call, but I WROTE Congress to express my SUPPORT. 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I have mine on speed dial.

Call anyhow! They make your life miserable, why shouldn't you return the favor? Ask some hard questions. Let them know that you are knowledgeable about the proposed immigration reform and these are your concerns. Don't think that they are not feeling the heat from this particular issue.
Don't forget, the outrage of the American public is what got us out of Vietnam.
yeah, but vietnam was a different era where people (some anyway) marched, got killed for what they believed in. We've become a nation of sheeple more interested in what britney spears is up to and the next gadget that we want to buy. Uninformed people elect clowns for president just b/c that president shows indifference to gays etc. this country is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,416,007 times
I've faxed and emailed but I haven't called yet. I'll have to remind myself to call when I get home.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,031 times
Default Get on the train

Not too late to let the powers that be know that we oppose the bill for illegals in this country.
go to usbc.org and follow directions to send an e-mail or letter to your Senator(s).

Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,374,366 times
Thumbs up Let's not give up on fighting this amnesty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
and said NO to amnesty or ANY and I mean ANY form of immigration law reform since we are not enforcing our current laws. I cut them off when they try to "spin" it and let them know I know all about different terms and loopholes. Not fooling me. Even Rep Burr in NC emailed me back (likely automated) and said he doesnt support amnesty or rewarding illegals.

THEN
he goes and votes against anyone removing the actual amensty line items that are in the current propsed immigration bill. Liars...
Yeah you need to tell these pinhead liars in the US Congress that S.1348 IS amnesty no matter how they spin it.

Guys telephone calls are BETTER than e-mails or faxes because the person who answers HAS TO take a message and they will ask for your zipcode. Remember that 1 call for them on an issue reflects about the views of propably 10,000 people in the community. So keep calling to protest this amnesty with basically 0 enforcement.

Quote:

Call anyhow! They make your life miserable, why shouldn't you return the favor? Ask some hard questions. Let them know that you are knowledgeable about the proposed immigration reform and these are your concerns. Don't think that they are not feeling the heat from this particular issue.
I am calling, e-mailing, faxing using this SUPER COOL FREE service called NumbersUSA, and sending regular letters.

Don't give up folks... that is what the corporations want... so we need to fight it to preserve America's future, not just ideological and social but also financial, as illegals have been depressing wages greatly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I think we could call til we're blue in the face and they still are going to do whatever they want.

I feel like us Americans, have no say in this country anymore.
Yes, the people feel like they have no more say because of incompetent and corrupt US Senate is basically 100% owned by corporate conglomerates like Microsoft, Walmart, Tyson chicken, etc. Companies that profit inmensly from illegal alien unskilled labor (and in the acse of Microsoft, they profit from H-1B workers who make basically 1/3 of US workers make, so they are NOT hiring US computer guys and hiring aliens).

But we need to keep kicking and screaming on their faces until they listen. At least the US House is listening.... although Ms. Quack (aka. Nancy Pelosi) is very pro-amnesty, the Democrats who were elected in 2006 are NOT, as they ran in Republican districts and ran a "no amnesty" campaign and they KNOW the consequences of lying to their local districts....

Turn the heat up and make sure to check out NumbersUSA and join their FREE faxing system and get alerts and contact info for your local politicians.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Quote:

This is the truth, they are feeling the heat, only outrage will produce results.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 PM

19,183 posts, read 27,737,865 times
Quote:
Well, there was a significant difference in that the public was right about Vietnam. Not at first of course, it took years to turn them around. Same on Iraq. Same on immigration...

Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
I've emailed numerous times. I've gotten tons of canned replies. Ugh. I'll have to try calling, since ya'll say that will work better.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 PM

19,183 posts, read 27,737,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Turn the heat up and make sure to check out NumbersUSA and join their FREE faxing system and get alerts and contact info for your local politicians.
Want to guess what kind of weight lawmakers attach to stuff received from mass-mailing sites? None. If you want to have an effect, write in your own words. Be courteous. Make no more than three points. Send it via snail-mail. You'll get back a form letter. Compose a coherent thank you and well-reasoned rebuttal to the points in the form letter and snail-mail that back. That is the mail that lawmakers actually listen to.

Warning: From the stuff that often gets posted in this sub-forum, it may be that at least some anti-immigration people will not be able to prepare an actual well-reasoned rebuttal. If you can't keep yourself from sounding like a ranting whack-job, don't follow this course of action. You will end up doing your cause more harm than good...

Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,752,426 times
I saw my Congresswaste while in DC last week and told him I oppose amnesty in any way, shape or form. Kick them out, and if congress can't do what clearly most people want them to do, they too need to be kicked to the curb.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:47 PM

985 posts, read 2,504,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I wrote my elected representatives and got a form letter back. One told me that all the money the illegals sent back to Latin America helps these countries continue to provide a form of democracy to its people. If there was limited money to Mexico and Central America there would be more social unrest in these countries and this would hurt America. Something to think about.
Foreign remittances (i.e. both legal and illegal workers mailing money back home) is the second largest source of income for Mexico (behind oil). It functions similarly to foreign economic aid.

I guess one way of looking at it is we (the USA) are providing democracy stabilizing funds, but instead of just giving it to them, they are working for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or