U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are YOU calling Congress to oppose or support the illegal alien amnesty??
YES, I called to OPPOSE the amnesty! 14 53.85%
Yes, I called to SUPPORT the amnesty! 4 15.38%
No, I never call... afraid too or not sure what to say. 2 7.69%
No call, but I WROTE Congress to express my OPPOSITION. 6 23.08%
No call, but I WROTE Congress to express my SUPPORT. 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:13 PM

19,183 posts, read 27,796,616 times

Advertisements

So, I wonder who will be the first to complain that's it's OUR money they're sending away to MEXICO!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 10:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
So, I wonder who will be the first to complain that's it's OUR money they're sending away to MEXICO!!!
Instead of sending their money to Mexico, perhaps they could spend it paying their medical bills here, buying food for their family so they do not require WIC, etc.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:29 PM

19,183 posts, read 27,796,616 times
Uh, the families of those who send all that money back to Mexico are in Mexico. That's why they send the money there. Unless you want to enact a special discriminatory provision specifically against Mexicans, they are eligible for public assistance programs on exactly the same basis as Whites, Blacks, Asians, American Indians, you name it.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Quote:
Uh, the families of those who send all that money back to Mexico are in Mexico. That's why they send the money there. Unless you want to enact a special discriminatory provision specifically against Mexicans, they are eligible for public assistance programs on exactly the same basis as Whites, Blacks, Asians, American Indians, you name it.
Illegal aliens who cross the border, have anchor babies in US hospitals and fail to pay the bill, leaving the US taxpayer holding the bag, while sending THEIR money back to Mexico do not cut a very sympathetic figure. Nor should they.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:31 PM

985 posts, read 2,508,859 times
Quote:
The possibility exists that it really is there money. There are *Vastly* more Legal Mexican immigrants than illegal ones. Also, Russia, Vietnam, and the Philippines (among others) also receive overseas remittances... it's not just the Mexicans. And FYI, less than half of the illegal immigrants "sneak across the border". The majority overstay a visa.

Although it may not be the same as a *legal* paycheck, an illegal immigrant who earns money has at least some claim to it (some say 100%, but few would say that it is the same as stealing).

Old 06-02-2007, 01:33 AM

398 posts, read 1,267,448 times
Quote:
If their families are in mexico then is their problem; not our problem. Our problem, is that they are milking our system, consuming resources like parasites. They have babies here only to have the cheap excuse for an amnesty. That's why the descendant of an illegal shouldn't be considered American citizen. That doesn't work in this current world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or