U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are YOU calling Congress to oppose or support the illegal alien amnesty??
YES, I called to OPPOSE the amnesty! 14 53.85%
Yes, I called to SUPPORT the amnesty! 4 15.38%
No, I never call... afraid too or not sure what to say. 2 7.69%
No call, but I WROTE Congress to express my OPPOSITION. 6 23.08%
No call, but I WROTE Congress to express my SUPPORT. 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,376,227 times

Advertisements

A simple question and a poll. Are you calling Congress to oppose or support the illegal alien amnesty???

If yes or no, say why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 12:49 AM

233 posts, read 389,946 times
Wink Both

NirvanaGuy....I both called and wrote to all because in actuality though lots of people will come here and state their views many won't do the calling and writing that it takes to make their point known where it counts the most with those elected officials. People think their voice won't count or that it's the other guys job to stay on top of it but this time they really need to make the views known to those that represent them. I will continue to call and write to all concerned and make sure all my friends and family do too.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:11 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,376,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
NirvanaGuy....I both called and wrote to all because in actuality though lots of people will come here and state their views many won't do the calling and writing that it takes to make their point known where it counts the most with those elected officials. People think their voice won't count or that it's the other guys job to stay on top of it but this time they really need to make the views known to those that represent them. I will continue to call and write to all concerned and make sure all my friends and family do too.
I have called a bunch of times, as these people need to hear the voice of the people and do what they are supposed to.

Our FL Senator Bill Nelson is so terrified of his pro-amnesty position he "missed" the amnesty vote before Memorial Day because he KNOWS Floridians strongly oppose the amnesty and he is afraid he will not be re-elected a 3rd time.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:40 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,006,882 times
Yes I call as well. Although it doesn't seem to do any good. All I ever hear back is spin.

I wish my elected officials represented us citizens as well as they represent illegal aliens.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,544,780 times
I've called, written snail mailed, written email.

I don't think these people even read...

If I get a response - it's a standard friggen letter.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:16 AM

786 posts, read 4,229,886 times
I wrote my elected representatives and got a form letter back. One told me that all the money the illegals sent back to Latin America helps these countries continue to provide a form of democracy to its people. If there was limited money to Mexico and Central America there would be more social unrest in these countries and this would hurt America. Something to think about.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:38 AM

390 posts, read 1,346,815 times
If there was limited money to Mexico and Central America there would be more social unrest in these countries

I'd rather have it there than here.

In simple words, your congress critter's reasoning is that it's better to bankrupt the U.S.

Last edited by susquehannock; 06-01-2007 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 06-01-2007, 08:13 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,699,721 times
Default I called

and said NO to amnesty or ANY and I mean ANY form of immigration law reform since we are not enforcing our current laws. I cut them off when they try to "spin" it and let them know I know all about different terms and loopholes. Not fooling me. Even Rep Burr in NC emailed me back (likely automated) and said he doesnt support amnesty or rewarding illegals.

THEN
he goes and votes against anyone removing the actual amensty line items that are in the current propsed immigration bill. Liars...

Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,544,780 times
I think we could call til we're blue in the face and they still are going to do whatever they want.

I feel like us Americans, have no say in this country anymore.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:50 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,217 times
I have mine on speed dial.

Quote:
I think we could call til we're blue in the face and they still are going to do whatever they want.
Call anyhow! They make your life miserable, why shouldn't you return the favor? Ask some hard questions. Let them know that you are knowledgeable about the proposed immigration reform and these are your concerns. Don't think that they are not feeling the heat from this particular issue.
Don't forget, the outrage of the American public is what got us out of Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or