U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:41 PM

1,431 posts, read 3,572,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
There are plenty of nice lazy white folk that do this already. The guest workers I know work there tails off while many caucasian citizens will try to buck the system any way they can. If they can set on their butts and get paid they will. Workers comp, unemployment whatever gets em a paycheck

Your post is about the most pointless I have ever read. So only white people collect unemployment and government assistance...right...

Where do you come up with this ridiculous idea anyways? Are you a Caucasian that employs illegal aliens? Or are you an illegal alien that works and watches Caucasians sit around all day while you work? Which is it?

Old 06-02-2007, 03:43 PM

SSTARRX3,

the question of this thread is if you think NC supports the Amnesty Bill for illegal aliens.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,097,971 times
Quote:
There are plenty of nice lazy white folk that do this already. The guest workers I know work there tails off while many caucasian citizens will try to buck the system any way they can. If they can set on their butts and get paid they will. Workers comp, unemployment whatever gets em a paycheck
If we're going to continue to the PC trend and call these leeches "guest workers" then they should be referred to as "uninvited guest workers". I'll continue to call them illegals.

Second, the whole point of your post is insanely fictitious. Surely you're mistaken about the whole "many caucasian citizens will try to buck the system" line. If you really and truly believe that I'll show you areas around the country where that statement could not be more false.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:19 PM

367 posts, read 913,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Sure, there are some...but, the majority (like myself) WORK...and how do I know this? Because WE support people like that, and keep the economy going.
But, me as a taxpayer, would like the luxury to choose, WHERE MY TAX DOLLAR IS GOING!!!!
I'd rather support a couple of thousands of "nice lazy white folks" speaking english and smell a heck of a lot better, then MILLIONS of illegals, not even having ANY intention of learning the language or custom, but want our mighty DOLLAR.
Yup, you are darn right I would....

As I had posted before, and going back to the original question, NO, I do NOT think of any state wanting to support illegal immigrants in any way, shape or form, deal with all sorts of problems, and sabotage their own towns, infrastructures and people, UNLESS, the driving forces in town (mayor etc.) have their own personal interest invested in it, and looking for cheap labor themselves to employ like landscaping, nanny service, chaffeur etc.
I refuse to support illegal activity, especially when it concerns breaking the law on 4 levels...federal, state, immigration, and proposed city ordinances in some towns!
Sorry, that's just what I believe in, and stand by.
That is why we need to this law to be passed so these good folks can work here legally and be taxed like the rest of us. If they are here legally you have no issues right?

Old 06-02-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Your post is about the most pointless I have ever read. So only white people collect unemployment and government assistance...right...

Where do you come up with this ridiculous idea anyways? Are you a Caucasian that employs illegal aliens? Or are you an illegal alien that works and watches Caucasians sit around all day while you work? Which is it?
I will hire anyone who will put in a good days work for a fair price. I have no problems at all with folks from other countries working here. This is America, I think anyone who wants to participate should be able to. I do believe the presidents immigration law will help with our current problems. Our ancestors were immigrants once too. We need to make so the ones that want to be here and work and participate in our society can. They can be taxed like the rest of us. That doesn't mean they have to come here and have our culture. If they want to speak Spanish they should be able to. It's a free country we should be able to speak any language we want. If it bugs people so much maybe they should learn Spanish.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
If we're going to continue to the PC trend and call these leeches "guest workers" then they should be referred to as "uninvited guest workers". I'll continue to call them illegals.

Second, the whole point of your post is insanely fictitious. Surely you're mistaken about the whole "many caucasian citizens will try to buck the system" line. If you really and truly believe that I'll show you areas around the country where that statement could not be more false.
I witness it ion a daily basis! Watch a little TV and you will see it as well. Plenty of folks out there raping our system of its resources and contributing very little. Like I said can't blame it all on the folks south of the border, plenty of American citizens doing it every day.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
I witness it ion a daily basis! Watch a little TV and you will see it as well. Plenty of folks out there raping our system of its resources and contributing very little. Like I said can't blame it all on the folks south of the border, plenty of American citizens doing it every day.
Please...just stop. Nobody's taking your point seriously. I can keep saying that you're flat out wrong until we're both blue in the face. You're either trolling or you're actually no better than the illegals you employ. One or the other. And if you are actually no better than the illegals you employ then you can pat yourself on the back for taking part in raping our system. Good job, sir. Maybe the day that they're finally tossed out of this great country of ours you can follow them as well.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Normally, I wouldn't post an thread topic like this, but it was to compelling to pass up, and I'd love to hear the feedback, particularly from native North Carolinians (as well as others).

I saw a news clip this morning about the NC state farmers association pledging their 100% support behind the amnesty bill (I know that's not what it's called but that's in essence what it is). I did a little research and it seems this association has long advocated for "guest workers", for, the primary reason that they can't find anyone to do farm work in the state- so there's a labor shortage in this industry.

So one question would be "is NC pro guest worker"? At first glance I would have thought no, but now I'm starting to turn my opinion to yes- NC wants lots of guest workers from Latin America.

As a result of the housing construction boom in parts of NC, Hispanics have taken the brunt of a lot of scorn since it's clearly visible that they compose a great deal of the construction workforce. However isn't NC creating a favorable environment for this (construction, farming, etc.). If the NC farmers association (whom I assume are native NCians) are actively lobbying for this then it would seem the "scorn" is misdirected.

Here's an example article that I found which somewhat captures the plea of business for expanding the "guest worker" program:

newsobserver.com | Immigration bill would have big impact (http://www.newsobserver.com/114/story/575770.html - broken link)
Since I have been repremanded for not sticking to the subject I will address your post directly. I support the Presidents Immigration reform. It will give the honest, hard working folks that really want to be here and participate a chance to become legal and be American citizens one day. Will it weed out the ones that just want to take advantage of our government give aways, I don't know. Only from what I have read on this post, I would say I am in the minority on this. Some folks have a down right vicious additude towards undocumented workers of Spanish decent. Its really quite disturbing how venemous and hateful some of the posts I have read on here the last few months. I hope its not just cultural bias or racism. That would be really sad

Old 06-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I will hire anyone who will put in a good days work for a fair price. I have no problems at all with folks from other countries working here. This is America, I think anyone who wants to participate should be able to. I do believe the presidents immigration law will help with our current problems. Our ancestors were immigrants once too. We need to make so the ones that want to be here and work and participate in our society can. They can be taxed like the rest of us. That doesn't mean they have to come here and have our culture. If they want to speak Spanish they should be able to. It's a free country we should be able to speak any language we want. If it bugs people so much maybe they should learn Spanish.
So it sounds like you do benefit from illegals. But are you an illegal alien?

Yes, we should just legalize the illegal aliens, because if we do, they wont be illegal anymore, problem solved! Interesting post, you say they should be taxed, but they should not have to adapt to the American ways or laws, we can just adapt to theirs.

The rest of your post is just sad. Forget about being America, lets learn spanish, toss out this whole American democracy thing, (it was great while it lasted though, right?)

Old 06-02-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Since I have been repremanded for not sticking to the subject I will address your post directly. I support the Presidents Immigration reform. It will give the honest, hard working folks that really want to be here and participate a chance to become legal and be American citizens one day. Will it weed out the ones that just want to take advantage of our government give aways, I don't know. Only from what I have read on this post, I would say I am in the minority on this. Some folks have a down right vicious additude towards undocumented workers of Spanish decent. Its really quite disturbing how venemous and hateful some of the posts I have read on here the last few months. I hope its not just cultural bias or racism. That would be really sad
Wanting people thrown out of here illegally doesn't equate to racism. That "racism" card is so overplayed to the point where it's just...well...silly. My posts have a venom towards undocumented workers of Spanish descent because they're undocumented workers. If that makes me racist then tag me with it. I'd rather support American workers than undocumented Spanish workers any day.

Look at the proximity of Mexico as opposed to, say, Scotland. Ain't many Scottish people floating to America on rafts. Call a spade a spade. We see the illegals lining up for work and they're not exactly the Smith's and Jones' of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or