Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:44 PM

367 posts, read 1,028,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
ALOT easier from Mexico or Haiti! It is called, illegal immigration,
They do not just let you in from Europe. And that is when you go thru the proper channels and spend loads of money.
And even then only a certain amount are allowed.

And you can call it what you want......in the end they are fighting to stay in this country without having to go thru the years of spending money , time and heart ache to become legal in this country.
Hence the need for reform

Old 06-02-2007, 06:59 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
Hence the need to throw them out.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:08 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,420,454 times
Ask the Native Americans who the real illegal immigrants are on this continent. And most white Europeans sure didn't learn to speak their languages. History does repeat itself. Ironically, as posted earlier, many of these illegals from Mexico are of native descent. I'm not saying I agree with illegal immigration because I don't; I am just pointing something out that many people of waspy decent often seem to forget or just don't know.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:16 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Ask the Native Americans who the real illegal immigrants are on this continent. And most white Europeans sure didn't learn to speak their languages. History does repeat itself. Ironically, as posted earlier, many of these illegals from Mexico are of native descent. I'm not saying I agree with illegal immigration because I don't; I am just pointing something out that many people of waspy decent often seem to forget or just don't know.
Huh, that's yet another side to look at it.
But, if my friend, who is 3/4 cherokee, would read this, he would resent and flip, being put onto the same level as a hispanic, and an illegal nonetheless....lol......
Please tell me, that I misunderstud you somehow...sorry.

Quote: many of these illegals from Mexico are of native descent....

Last edited by MB2; 06-02-2007 at 08:49 PM..

Old 06-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:
I went to college for 6 years and I refuse to pay someone a salary I had to go to college for 6 years to obtain, to do work that someone else will do well for a fair price. Too many folks out there want to live high on the hog, but didn't want to put in the years of education to get there.

Let me get this straight: On one hand you say that too many folks don't want to put in years of education to get to a certain job level so they should never reach yours. On the other hand you'll support people who refuse put in the same type of hard work to get through the process of earning the privilege to live here legally. And there's a new legal immigrant, someone who went through the entire process who would love to have that same job that the illegals are nailing.

There's a strange hypocrisy here. Your logic and argument makes even less sense than it did before.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,273 times
Quote:
That usually comes up when discussing illegal immigrants. Since the US "victimized" Mexico (i.e., taking the southwest US), as some sort of retribution, the US should just look the other way. It play on and tries to evoke feelings of guilt. That's not the issue, that's a different discussion- really. The issue is a weaken security of the southern border worth the economic gains.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:30 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,686,676 times
Quote:
Hence the need to allow the proper authorities to do their job to make sure others abide by the law. And at this moment it is illegal to remain in this country without permission if coming from another country. That does not mean we need reform by any means. It means Reform needs to be back in their Own countries these illegal immigrants want to leave so bad. Not where they are entering illegally.

Last edited by autumngal; 06-02-2007 at 07:50 PM..

Old 06-02-2007, 08:40 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
This was the final straw in my dwindling support for George Bush. It kills me to agree with liberals but I've had it with this clown. He's just shown himself to be a threat to national security. Actually this is the second time with the first being that attempt to sell off 22 of our ports to the UAE. As far as I'm concerned he's an enemy to the conservative base and America at this point. 2008 can't come soon enough.

I hate to say it Brian but I don't know what else to say. I'm with you!

BTW.....that was exceptional post above about the folks that trash Walmart and back sub-standard wages for illegals.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:42 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
This morning I am watching on TLC Flip this house. I am sure most of you have seen it. Well it seems that people in California can flip that house because they are using day laborers that stand out near the Home Depot. How can TLC broadcast this with this issue being in the forefront?
Of course you can make more money flpping homes if you pay people hardly nothing who are illegal aliens to do most of your labor.
I now think I have to write an email to TLC.
In the majority of the country when you have to flip a house you have to hire Insured contractors. Hardly even revelent to most situations.

It's so common out west that TLC didn't even think about it. Go to any Home Depot in Phoenix and they are there everyday among other day labor corners.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:46 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,641 times
Quote:

So how am I responsible for what happened hundreds of years ago? How is anyone?

Seems as though you are saying its ok for illegals to trespass in our country because of something that happened centuries ago. By the way, the territory was won in a war, and America purchased the rest from Mexico at a price Mexico agreed to. Do you really think the land would be some paradise if Mexico had kept it? No, the illegals would just be crossing back into the US at a border farther north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration