U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This argument is basically a pimple on the ass of illegal immigration - I don't see why anyone would bother so much with this back and forth. All of 3% of the illegals in the US actually work in agriculture.

Study Details Lives of Illegal Immigrants in U.S. : NPR

My beef isn't with the 3% who are picking tomatoes - but their extended family living here off the taxpayer's dime is far more offensive, not to mention the 93% who are also here doing other "jobs that Americans won't do".

Let's figure out a way to get migrant ag workers legal like before, and keep their families back home while they come north to work ag. The workers are more likely to return to Mexico if they don't have their kit and caboodle living with them here, and we wouldn't have to foot the bill for their families' WIC, public education, housing, health care, etc.

Maybe we can focus on viable solutions, if in fact according to an actual grower this visa program isn't viable. I would prefer a system when those from Mexico (or other countries, I don't mind either way) who wish to work in ag here in the US would have to pass a background check and certain health screenings in order to qualify.
Your post makes way too much sense for a pro illegal apologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,728,866 times
Quote:
Note in your 'McCain' comment that several Americans were willing to work under the conditions outlined yet were rebuffed.
You having elevator problems? You think McCain hires farm workers? c'mon.

Quote:
This argument is basically a pimple on the ass of illegal immigration - I don't see why anyone would bother so much with this back and forth. All of 3% of the illegals in the US actually work in agriculture.
Did ya read the thread title?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:14 PM

13,072 posts, read 21,213,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Did ya read the thread title?
Did you read the rest of my post?

I was referring to the futile sparring.

What a champion you prove to be at it too...

Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Did you read the rest of my post?

I was referring to the futile sparring.
Here is the problem, I am not sure you understand it. This thread is about H2A and how it affects growers. Got that? Good.
There is a lot of bad information, probably from Glenn Beck and his ilk about illegal aliens and field labor.

If you sit in your classroom and say everything the teacher says is wrong, while the teacher is correcting your bad information, and you call that futile sparring, you are exactly right.

But, that does not mean in actuality, that it is futile sparring, it is, presenting accurate information to people who do not want to hear it.

Kind of like a science teacher going into a nice Baptist school and presenting information on Evolution.

If you want to call the ensuing complaints from the Baptists futile sparring, again you are exactly right. Got it?

Arizona Bear, 0 for four actually, it was you that talked of the non existent slave conditions and the non existent cheap labor.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Here is the problem, I am not sure you understand it. This thread is about H2A and how it affects growers. Got that? Good.
There is a lot of bad information, probably from Glenn Beck and his ilk about illegal aliens and field labor.

If you sit in your classroom and say everything the teacher says is wrong, while the teacher is correcting your bad information, and you call that futile sparring, you are exactly right.

But, that does not mean in actuality, that it is futile sparring, it is, presenting accurate information to people who do not want to hear it.

Kind of like a science teacher going into a nice Baptist school and presenting information on Evolution.

If you want to call the ensuing complaints from the Baptists futile sparring, again you are exactly right. Got it?

Arizona Bear, 0 for four actually, it was you that talked of the non existent slave conditions and the non existent cheap labor.
Frankly: my 'give a damn' is broken concerning illegal alien apologists. Spin it any way you wish, Clarks, the party is over for illegal aliens---------especially in/when the Feds cut off any more unemployment extensions.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 PM

You are now 0 for 5, you think I am pro hiring illegal aliens, or in favor of illegal aliens being in this country.

It is a typical mistake of ideologues to think that anyone else with a different opinion is an opposite ideologue.

To be clear, I am not "pro illegal" I am pro "eat" as are you.

I have a story for you, written by James Thurber, read it, and think about it, ya'll.

Quote:
[SIZE=4]In cobra country a mongoose was born one day who didn't want to fight cobras or anything else. The word spread from mongoose to mongoose that there was a mongoose who didn't want to fight cobras. If he didn't want to fight anything else, it was his own business, but it was the duty of every mongoose to kill cobras or be killed by cobras.

"Why?” asked the peacelike mongoose, and the word went round that the strange new mongoose was not only pro-cobra and anti-mongoose but intellectually curious and against the ideals and traditions of mongoosism.

"He is crazy,” cried the young mongoose's father.

"He's sick, "said his mother.

"He is a coward,” shouted his brothers.

"He's a mongoosexual," whispered his sisters.

Strangers who had never laid eyes on the peacelike mongoose remembered that they had seen him crawling on his stomach, or trying cobra hoods, or plotting the violent overthrow of Mongoodia.

"I am trying to use reason and intelligence," said the strange new mongoose.

"Reason is six-sevenths of treason," said one of his neighbours.

"Intelligence is what the enemy uses," said another.

Finally the rumour spread that the mongoose had venom in his sting, like a cobra, and he was tried, convicted by a show of paws, and condemned to banishment.

Moral:
Ashes to ashes, and clay to clay,
if the enemy doesn't get you your own folks may.
[/SIZE]

Old 03-02-2010, 08:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Let me be clear about something, Clarks. You are saying that you don't "knowingly" hire illegal aliens because you hire them through a contractor, right? If so, then why are you pounding away at this subject day after day as if you are on the defensive about something?

Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
You are now 0 for 5, you think I am pro hiring illegal aliens, or in favor of illegal aliens being in this country.

It is a typical mistake of ideologues to think that anyone else with a different opinion is an opposite ideologue.

To be clear, I am not "pro illegal" I am pro "eat" as are you.

I have a story for you, written by James Thurber, read it, and think about it, ya'll.
And looking at our high unemployment rate: I am not that concerned about the farmers not finding help---------even if they had to pay American wages for Americans.

So our food costs rise slightly? Big deal. Many of us can afford to lose a few pounds

Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,031,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Let me be clear about something, Clarks. You are saying that you don't "knowingly" hire illegal aliens because you hire them through a contractor, right? If so, then why are you pounding away at this subject day after day as if you are on the defensive about something?
This is just what I found so funny earlier in this thread.
I sit here and picture Clarks getting red faced with steam coming out his ears because we are not in agreement with him.
No matter what he says, HE hires the contractor who hires the illegals and that makes him just as guilty as the contractor.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
This is just what I found so funny earlier in this thread.
I sit here and picture Clarks getting red faced with steam coming out his ears because we are not in agreement with him.
No matter what he says, HE hires the contractor who hires the illegals and that makes him just as guilty as the contractor.
Actually, it doesn't. It would be the contractor who would be the guilty party in the eyes of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration