Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times

Advertisements

No chance of immigration reform this year - San Jose Mercury News

Makes sense..

Actually now that stricter enforcement is of major concern as well as the growing popular negative view of illegal immigration, hanger ons staying will result in probable exposure and criminal charge, deportation. Fine by me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
If Democrats who once appeared united on health care reform can't even pass a truncated version of that, there's not much chance they will produce an immigration amnesty no matter what their leaders might say. For there's nothing even approaching unity on immigration reform. That's because politicians of all stripes well know that no matter how many requirements and fines they might impose on illegal immigrants seeking permanent legal status, there will be strong opposition back home.

All of which means Gutierrez and others who insist there will be immigration reform this year are whistling past the graveyard. It won't happen.
Only the truly delusional believe an amnesty bill will pass. Rather than focusing on a bill they know will be defeated, they should be enforcing our current laws. They should also make it painfully clear to illegals that they will not be legalized. Our government needs to stop playing games and get serious, before this situation becomes violent.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM

Yes, the carrot has certainly lost it's flavor.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Found this little tidbit in the article which proves to me that most Hispanic voter's biggest agenda is amnesty for illegals.

'Noting that 10 million Hispanic voters turned out in 2008, the vast majority going for Obama, amnesty advocate Frank Sharry, head of a group called America's Voice, threatens that "a lot of those voters won't turn out in the mid-term elections" in swing states like Colorado, Nevada and Florida unless there is an amnesty of some kind."

Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Found this little tidbit in the article which proves to me that most Hispanic voter's biggest agenda is amnesty for illegals.

'Noting that 10 million Hispanic voters turned out in 2008, the vast majority going for Obama, amnesty advocate Frank Sharry, head of a group called America's Voice, threatens that "a lot of those voters won't turn out in the mid-term elections" in swing states like Colorado, Nevada and Florida unless there is an amnesty of some kind."
I read another article suggesting to hispanic voters to "swing vote", selling out their own beliefs as a whole for only illegal immigration. Despicable. They think illegal aliens are the only concerns regarding votes and refuse to look at other matters. Ending this once and for all will allow us to focus on important matters for all Americans, not illegal aliens who have no right to be here, stay here or continue to steal from here. They have no say in the matter.

Since pro-illegal groups scream they have so much money, backing, etc... they should use their resources to send them home, help them set up and train them the proper way to improve their own government. I mean they say it is latinos as a whle they fight for, right? Pro-illegal advocate groups are all going to fall because they will no longer have this cause, amnesty is not happening..the American people will never stand for it.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 AM

The Civil War-won-because it was for/by Americans
The Civil Rights Movement-won-because it was for/by Americans
Women Rights-won-because it was for/by Americans
Gay Rights -won-because it was for/by Americans

Illegal Alien Rights-losing, badly-because it is NOT for Americans and not good for America. "The People" have spoken and are now "showing".

I just find it so ridiculous that this issue is even debated or even needs to be. More waste of time and resources costing America by illegal invaders.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Only the truly delusional believe an amnesty bill will pass. Rather than focusing on a bill they know will be defeated, they should be enforcing our current laws. They should also make it painfully clear to illegals that they will not be legalized. Our government needs to stop playing games and get serious, before this situation becomes violent.

Thank you for stating it as it is. Wish more people were like you, i also feel the same way, enough games being palyed with immigration laws, our Government truly needs to get serious and do something about this current situation because it will get much worse.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I read another article suggesting to hispanic voters to "swing vote", selling out their own beliefs as a whole for only illegal immigration. Despicable. They think illegal aliens are the only concerns regarding votes and refuse to look at other matters. Ending this once and for all will allow us to focus on important matters for all Americans, not illegal aliens who have no right to be here, stay here or continue to steal from here. They have no say in the matter.

Since pro-illegal groups scream they have so much money, backing, etc... they should use their resources to send them home, help them set up and train them the proper way to improve their own government. I mean they say it is latinos as a whle they fight for, right? Pro-illegal advocate groups are all going to fall because they will no longer have this cause, amnesty is not happening..the American people will never stand for it.

Thank You, i believe so many Americans want this problem to end as you say now, but i don't see this happening not yet anyways. There Government train and take care of their people, what a joke!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Fine by me; what a stupid 'shoot one's self in the foot' strategy. Let the pro amnesty traitors stay home on Electon Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration