U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:23 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
No, is not coming. One way or another, justice will be done. Americans "don't get used to an idea" just because somebody impose it or says it. Americans stand strong for what is right and for what they believe.
Amen! Let's form a march, the way it used to be done. Or how about a petition? Do we have time?
If all else fails and this does get passed, we can refuse to pay any taxes just like they are going to let the illegals not pay back taxes! Then fire/impeach everyone that voted for it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Our troops need to be brought home to round them up and send them back over the border or to prison. I am so disgusted with our government!

Old 06-03-2007, 03:11 AM

398 posts, read 1,265,158 times
Not even prison. We just need to deploy the National Guard on the border and toss the illegals to the other side. Of course our guys need to be fully armed, with orders to stop anybody right away on the line and push it back.

I'm not tolerating this anymore. This is way beyond normal and common sense. Sometimes I think how in the world we can have so much patience. Will we able to see a change some day? will we able to do something ourselves? or we will be forever victims of treason and corruption from our politicians...

P.S. and all the legal immigrants who support or tolerate illegal immigration, are enemies of this nation too. They share the same evil idiosincrasy that could take this country down the path to a third world in no time.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Not even prison. We just need to deploy the National Guard on the border and toss the illegals to the other side. Of course our guys need to be fully armed, with orders to stop anybody right away on the line and push it back.

I'm not tolerating this anymore. This is way beyond normal and common sense. Sometimes I think how in the world we can have so much patience. Will we able to see a change some day? will we able to do something ourselves? or we will be forever victims of treason and corruption from our politicians...

P.S. and all the legal immigrants who support or tolerate illegal immigration, are enemies of this nation too. They share the same evil idiosincrasy that could take this country down the path to a third world in no time.
Maybe it is time for some "Civil Disobedience". Like I said before, if we all would stop paying our taxes until the polititians listen to the majority, maybe then they would do something about this mess we are in!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM

646 posts, read 1,636,202 times
Quote:

So I take it that I'm all evil and an enemy of the US since I'm not for a round-up of all illegal immigrants... hmmm interesting

Old 06-04-2007, 07:22 PM

646 posts, read 1,636,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
Maybe it is time for some "Civil Disobedience". Like I said before, if we all would stop paying our taxes until the polititians listen to the majority, maybe then they would do something about this mess we are in!
The majority of Americans are in FAVOR of allowing illegal immigrants to apply for visas if they meet the requirement in the current proposed bill.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,725,151 times
My husband works with our water supply district and has to take samples of water during the month and turn these samples in to the health department.

As we were driving up, there were two mexican girls coming out. Guess they were signing up for public assisstance and neither could speak English. Earlier, he was running water to a new construction house and every person doing the construction was mexican, and he asked a question and [b][u]not one of these workers could speak a drop of English.[u][b]

He says he sees it all the time, and most of these mexicans are here illegally and living in an area that mobile homes are in and some of those utility shed things that you see for sale all around, he said there are sometimes as many as 12 to 14 coming in and out of one of these places. He reads their meter every month. I wonder how many are actually living per household?

Old 06-05-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
The majority of Americans are in FAVOR of allowing illegal immigrants to apply for visas if they meet the requirement in the current proposed bill.
Where do you get this info? Even the poll on this forum points the other way.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
You've been listening to the main stream liberal media to much....70 percent of Americans want ALL illegals rounded up and deported....

Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
So the NYTimes had a poll -- I wonder if anyone from border states was asked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or