Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So the NYTimes had a poll -- I wonder if anyone from border states was asked...
From what I've heard the liberal media turns the numbers around to reflect what they want us to believe...When I've voted on their online polls the anti illegal votes were always ahead....
There are groups out here that keeps an eye on their polls....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 03:37 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
It all depends on how the poll question is worded. Depending on who is asking the question, and their agenda, you can get pretty much any poll results you want.

What it comes down to is most liberals want illegals to stay and have a path to citizenship. Most conservatives want our borders secured before any gratuitous amnesty or citizenship proposal progresses any further. Moderates are in the middle.

But to get back to the OP, republicans are upset because Bush, a self proclaimed conservative, is pushing this amnesty agenda. It wouldn't even be on the table if it wasn't for Bush. If this proposal actually becomes law over the next 20 years we will see close to 30 million aliens become US citizens and most will vote democratic. Republicans are upset because Bush is single handily, dismantling the republican party. All while attracting even more illegals.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:16 AM

646 posts, read 1,787,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You've been listening to the main stream liberal media to much....70 percent of Americans want ALL illegals rounded up and deported....
Can you give me some sources to this? I have quite a few polls saying otherwise

Old 06-10-2007, 11:25 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
Can you give me some sources to this? I have quite a few polls saying otherwise
To quote the polling report ...

Quote:
"Should ILLEGAL immigrants be prosecuted and deported for being in the U.S. illegally, or shouldn't they?"

Should
69%
Should Not
24%
Unsure
7%
Immigration

Old 06-10-2007, 11:27 AM

646 posts, read 1,787,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
Where do you get this info? Even the poll on this forum points the other way.
So I don't get accused more of listening to the "liberal media" I figured I would post a link to a poll the "fair and balanced" Fox News conducted.

FOXNews.com - FOX News Poll: Public Says Enforce Existing Immigration Laws - Polls | AP Polls | Gallup Poll | Opinion Polls

To see a number of polls, this is a good place to start - I think these are more accurate than city-data polls :-)

Immigration

Old 06-10-2007, 11:29 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
I used to donate to the Republican Party, now I send those donations to the Minutemen and Grassfire.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I used to donate to the Republican Party, now I send those donations to the Minutemen and Grassfire.
I just give my money directly to the illegal immigrants and cut out the middleman.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:00 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,103 times
[quote=Stockholmaren;861484]So I don't get accused more of listening to the "liberal media" I figured I would post a link to a poll the "fair and balanced" Fox News conducted.

FOXNews.com - FOX News Poll: Public Says Enforce Existing Immigration Laws - Polls | AP Polls | Gallup Poll | Opinion Polls

This was in your poll:}
By 55 percent to 34 percent, Americans support the government raids on businesses that employ large numbers of illegal immigrants.

Finally, most Americans oppose giving Mexico special preference by allowing a larger number of Mexican immigrants to come to the United States. Fully 84 percent think Mexico should be treated the same as all other countries.

Not sure I would trust the news media anyway, they sometimes have their own agenda.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
So I don't get accused more of listening to the "liberal media" I figured I would post a link to a poll the "fair and balanced" Fox News conducted.

To see a number of polls, this is a good place to start - I think these are more accurate than city-data polls :-)

Immigration

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > FOX NEWS POLLS

"FOX News Poll: Public Says Enforce Existing Immigration Laws"

Is this the poll you are talking about??????

Old 06-10-2007, 12:22 PM

13 posts, read 51,135 times
Not just republicans are against this bill. Democrats are as well. Let me word that better AMERICANS do not want amnesty. Not one single person I have talked to, republican or democrat wants any of this. Many are prepared to take arms and fight for our country and our children and our families. The borders need to be secured every which way (land, air, sea, train). The laws need to be enforced and intruders need to be rounded up and sent back to where they came from. Or to any place other than here. Bush does not live in the real world and niether does most of the politicians on both sides. It is time the Americans show them we do know how this country was founded and that all of them should be sent back to their communities like whipped pups and REAL AMERICANS should be placed in their offices to protect all AMERICANS AND OUR RIGHTS

Last edited by CanopyRE2007; 06-10-2007 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: SORRY, HIT THE SEND BUTTON BEFORE I FINISHED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration