U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2010, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,145 posts, read 36,133,562 times
Reputation: 3772

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Oddly enough, another great idea for the future welfare of this country would be to coordinate the elimination of education for illegals to coincide with their speedy deportation. As pro illegal aiders/abetters are wont to say, 'these children of illegals didn't ask to be brought here illegally'. Again, oddly enough, said illegals who didn't ask to be brought here illegally, are, nevertheless, still here illegally and are subject to deportation along with their illegal parents. The US is a country of laws and all illegals are entitled to a fair and speedy.....deportation.
As you stated.

 
Old 03-07-2010, 04:36 PM
 
418 posts, read 408,838 times
Reputation: 148
Why should my taxes pay for a LEGAL kid to go to school?!?

Furthermore, if you are legal and have trouble competing with a guy who can't even speak English, what good are you to this economy? Maybe YOU should be deported to Mexico!
 
Old 03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego
31,707 posts, read 28,885,902 times
Reputation: 16866
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
Why should my taxes pay for a LEGAL kid to go to school?!?

Furthermore, if you are legal and have trouble competing with a guy who can't even speak English, what good are you to this economy? Maybe YOU should be deported to Mexico!
Many skilled trades are been squashed by illegal labor. Can you imagine having a specialty trade you've done your entire life (like a blacksmith) in a short time become obsolete because of people that walk across the border illegally? On top of that not pay taxes? I'm so no ok with that.

They'll do the same "job" without codes or compliances. The person hiring is just as at fault at the person performing the work.
 
Old 03-07-2010, 04:56 PM
 
418 posts, read 408,838 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Many skilled trades are been squashed by illegal labor. Can you imagine having a specialty trade you've done your entire life (like a blacksmith) in a short time become obsolete because of people that walk across the border illegally? On top of that not pay taxes? I'm so no ok with that.

They'll do the same "job" without codes or compliances. The person hiring is just as at fault at the person performing the work.
How do they become obsolete? Because they won't except a lower pay? Tough t*tties, work for a lower wage or learn a new trade.

Or they work "without codes or compliance?" I'm ALL for deregulating, and that starts at the local level.
 
Old 03-07-2010, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,145 posts, read 36,133,562 times
Reputation: 3772
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
How do they become obsolete? Because they won't except a lower pay? Tough t*tties, work for a lower wage or learn a new trade.
Under one condition: that the top tier wage earners are taxed at 90% of their gross earnings. Why should regular working people subsidize fact cats a la Mexico?
 
Old 03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
 
418 posts, read 408,838 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Under one condition: that the top tier wage earners are taxed at 90% of their gross earnings. Why should regular working people subsidize fact cats a la Mexico?
Better yet, why don't these "skilled tradesmen" learn to be better capitalist? They could take advantage of cheap labor and start a giant, successful, billion dollar business. I guess that's too much work for them so they'd rather tax and regulate like a liberal. Makes you think, huh?
 
Old 03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
 
1 posts, read 889 times
Reputation: 10
Not only are we paying for the education of people whose mere presence is a violation of our laws, but also Mexicans who exploit this asinine law by commuting daily from Mexico to “get a better education.” Yes, we realize we are being abused. Thanks for the reminder.

Denying them an education does not further the goal of the state? Really? Does insolvency further the goal of the state?


Everyone is being rediculous and selfish. What makes you a better human being than a "Mexican". It is not the fault of a child that thier government does not offer the wonderful school system that America has to offer. My father was an illeagal alien when he met my mother(who is a citizen) and I thank God that I had the oppertunity to grow up in America vrs. Mexico.
 
Old 03-07-2010, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,145 posts, read 36,133,562 times
Reputation: 3772
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
Better yet, why don't these "skilled tradesmen" learn to be better capitalist? They could take advantage of cheap labor and start a giant, successful, billion dollar business. I guess that's too much work for them so they'd rather tax and regulate like a liberal. Makes you think, huh?
That poisonous thinking leads to revolutions-----------look what is happening in Mexico where your belief system holds sway.

Unbridled capitalism is just as evil as unrestrained socialism---------there needs to be a balance.
 
Old 03-07-2010, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,145 posts, read 36,133,562 times
Reputation: 3772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleatmusselmans View Post
Not only are we paying for the education of people whose mere presence is a violation of our laws, but also Mexicans who exploit this asinine law by commuting daily from Mexico to “get a better education.” Yes, we realize we are being abused. Thanks for the reminder.

Denying them an education does not further the goal of the state? Really? Does insolvency further the goal of the state?


Everyone is being rediculous and selfish. What makes you a better human being than a "Mexican". It is not the fault of a child that thier government does not offer the wonderful school system that America has to offer. My father was an illeagal alien when he met my mother(who is a citizen) and I thank God that I had the oppertunity to grow up in America vrs. Mexico.
Mexico; unlike Haiti, is not a poor nation----------just that the gap between the rich and poor is obscene. It is the responsibility of the latter SoB to stand up for themselves---------in Mexico. We owe that nation nothing.
 
Old 03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,573,956 times
Reputation: 3024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleatmusselmans View Post
Everyone is being rediculous and selfish. What makes you a better human being than a "Mexican". It is not the fault of a child that thier government does not offer the wonderful school system that America has to offer. My father was an illeagal alien when he met my mother(who is a citizen) and I thank God that I had the oppertunity to grow up in America vrs. Mexico.
The issue is not who is or isn’t a “better human being” than a Mexican; rather, it is who has a “legal” right to live in this country.

Ridiculous and selfish? I think not. At least we allow illegal aliens to attend our tax-funded public schools, unlike Mexico which requires proof of citizenship. So, according to your "logic," I suppose Mexicans believe they are “better human beings” than non-Mexicans.


Quote:
Education in Mexico is regulated by the Secretariat of Public Education . Educational standards are set by this Ministry at all levels except in autonomous universities chartered by the government (e.g. UNAMUnamUNAM or UNaM may refer to:*National Autonomous University of Mexico , the large public autonomous university based in Mexico City... ). Accreditation of private schools is accomplished by a mandatory approval and registration with this institution.

Proof of Mexican citizenship is required to attend public schools.
Education in Mexico: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 PM.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top