U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Are you in construction? Done construction for a living? Didn't think so.

Did you own a firm? I KNOW SCADS of people in construction. Where do I live? Inland Empire? The nation's fastest growing region? Oh, what's the number 1 industry here? Construction. So my neighbor is a foremen, three of my friends do drywalling. I did construction during 1 summer (not for a long time, but still did it). Let's see my other neighbor OWNS his own firm. We got the painter up the corner. The guy who installed our floors. Our neighbor who is a plumber. You can't escape construction in one of the fastest growing cities in America (1990 it was 1st, 2006 it was 6th).

I on the other hand have, and have family still in construction. Drywall is most definetly an industry illegals have swamped and low balled the prices.
I really dont care what some zipper head at bereley or anywhere else says.
If they dont live the life they are guessing. The guy that designed an engine for a 747 might be able to talk about its specs. But install one? Tune it? Actually make it work? Not a chance.

So a person who tells others to PUT in the engine doesn't have a clue? Umm...not only is that completely wrong, but a "zipper head in Berkeley" has more data than your life experience. You and your experiences are important, but they don't reflect EVERYONE'S experience. Think about this way: I go to an autistic family's home, I observe the behavior. While his behavior is relevant to that particular situation, it is simply a data point when aggregated. You and your experiences are data points out of ALL the data collected by that person.

10% unemployment. That means every job an illegal is doing is a job an unemployed citizen is denied. That is reality. Spin it as you will but that is the reality.

It's not spin. It's taking EVERYTHING into consideration. 10% unemployment is bad, but when you simply create an "us" vs. "them" you aren't taking EVERY other factor involved. You over simplify and that's where problems arise.

I have 5 apples. 7 people want one. if 2 are stolen by a thief that means at least 2 people are denied needlessly. Said it before and I will say it again. No legal citizen should be forced to compete against someone who has no right to be here or work here.

It's not a consumer good, first off. Jobs aren't stolen second off (there is consent by the person who supplied the job). Thirdly, then we should end trade and enable companies to not expand abroad since competition is too hard on the current labor market. That's the extremist stance that can be made with YOUR same logic. See the problems that could arise. China clearly has a comparative advantage on production of consumer goods. It would be a waste of resources to do those same things. It wouldn't mean more jobs. Just like the complete deportation would not mean more jobs (as illustrated in the previous post).
No way that engineer can do an install.
I work with those zipperheads every day. They can tell me specs on the equipment. They can tell me what the computer model says. But actually run a converter? Actually change failed parts? Actully no what it sounds like when its about to fail? NOT A CHANCE. Troubleshoot to root cause when it fails? Not a chance. Not in my 18 years experience have I met an engineer that could run the equipment they designed.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No way that engineer can do an install.
I work with those zipperheads every day. They can tell me specs on the equipment. They can tell me what the computer model says. But actually run a converter? Actually change failed parts? Actully no what it sounds like when its about to fail? NOT A CHANCE. Troubleshoot to root cause when it fails? Not a chance. Not in my 18 years experience have I met an engineer that could run the equipment they designed.
OUCH!

Although I have noticed in just the automotive field that way too many engineers do not live in the real world when it comes to them fixing what they create------Germany as of late is an especially big offender (Mercedes, BMW, VW, etc.) .

Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
Just sounds like more whining to me. How can places like Singapore with practicly open boarders and gigantic foreign populations wipe the floor with us and stay competitive? I guess they don't p*ss and moan about someone stealing their sh*tty construction job. We already have enough houses anyway.
Quote:
Yawn. Been to Singapore have you?
Open borders? No not the Singapore that I have been to. Can a chinese person own property in Singapore? Thailand? Uhmmm No , no I dont think so. How about Indonisia? Whoa gets a little bit worse there.
Easy to say its whining when your not the one getting the shaft.
Explain to me again how or why illegals have a right to compete with legals for work? Hey aren't 100% of all illegals criminals?
One common denominator of First World nations with the notable exception of the USA or Canada is they have very strict rules controlling immigration and that it is tough to receive citizenship.

Too: back in 1995 when NAFTA was implemented; Ford started producing Mexican market Thunderbird cars in 'high wage' Lorain, Ohio vs. low wage Hermasillo (sp) because it was cheaper.

Another thing that many people do not realize is that production that is not labor intensive, relatively speaking, is not a bargain in a Third World nation due to poor infrastructure (bad roads, unreliable electricity, etc.) and the lack of Rule of Law (corruption, lack of public safety, etc.).

Read that the real reason that nations like Mexico have/had domestic content rules was to help employ local people---------------not because it was cost effective.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
The enablers re-enforce said behavior. Then of course you have elected reps like Pelosi who say that it is unamerican to enforce our laws.
You are correct. If not for the citizen traitors among us re-enforcing their behavior they probably wouldn't have the nerve to march in our streets making demands they aren't entitled to.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,009,104 times
Default Benicar you can't really be agianst the educationg of illegals?

Benicar you can't really be against the educationg of illegals? Where does your logic kick in? Imagine thousands of uneducated youths going into crime and mugging for money istead of taking your job scrubbing toilets.

Look inside Benicar what do you see deep inside yourself? Is it lovely in there?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Benicar you can't really be against the educationg of illegals? Where does your logic kick in? Imagine thousands of uneducated youths going into crime and mugging for money istead of taking your job scrubbing toilets.

Look inside Benicar what do you see deep inside yourself? Is it lovely in there?
Your personal attack has been duly noted and reported.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:07 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are correct. If not for the citizen traitors among us re-enforcing their behavior they probably wouldn't have the nerve to march in our streets making demands they aren't entitled to.
Umm...You mean the traitors that want to increase the level of illiteracy in our nation? Yeah, those people suck. The ones who want to deny education while never understanding the full ramifications of their actions. They are traitors. Not really traitors, but more ignorant...

Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Uh, ... even though I am strongly against illegal immigration, I don't understand why fifty million pages have to be about preserving "culture" and "Anglo" talk. For me, it is about principle, rights and money being thrown into something that shouldn't be as much of a problem as it is.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Uh, ... even though I am strongly against illegal immigration, I don't understand why fifty million pages have to be about preserving "culture" and "Anglo" talk. For me, it is about principle, rights and money being thrown into something that shouldn't be as much of a problem as it is.
In all fairness: an Anglo today need not be White.

Just like there are Black Hispanics (Dominicans come to mind); why not Black Anglos? President Obama comes to mind.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: an Anglo today need not be White.

Just like there are Black Hispanics (Dominicans come to mind); why not Black Anglos? President Obama comes to mind.
Say, what? I'm not following.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or