U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:53 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,722,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Illegal criminals should not be allowed into our school system period.
Yep, ban all them moms who ever exceeded the speed limit.
[quote]"Why? Mexican kids are not required to have the vaccines REQUIRED by our schools and they are carrying far too many diseases they obtained in Mexico"/QUOTE]

You can see the first racist problem with this sentence, Mexican is not a synonym for Illegal Alien, no matter how some like to think so.

The second problem with this sentence is the claim.
The school does not know who is legal, kid needs a vaccination, they go to the Health Department and get it. They need to be fed, they are fed. To think that a school says, "Hey Mexican, you don't get no stinking shot, just the white kids" Is a bizarre thing to think.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:49 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,346 times
Quote:
Clarks;13160380]Yep, ban all them moms who ever exceeded the speed limit.
"Why? Mexican kids are not required to have the vaccines REQUIRED by our schools and they are carrying far too many diseases they obtained in Mexico"

You can see the first racist problem with this sentence, Mexican is not a synonym for Illegal Alien, no matter how some like to think so.

The second problem with this sentence is the claim.
The school does not know who is legal, kid needs a vaccination, they go to the Health Department and get it. They need to be fed, they are fed. To think that a school says, "Hey Mexican, you don't get no stinking shot, just the white kids" Is a bizarre thing to thiink.
It amazes me how racist this statement is. Regarding immunizations, it is another travesty to both child and others to not require and track diseases that have been wiped out in this country. Why do you continue to refer to the Health Department? The fact that proof of said immunizations does not seem to be a prerequisite for illegal children to enter school, not where they get them, if they in fact do. I know when mine enrolled, I had better be up to date unless I had good reason to refuse or have lacked administered immunizations. Clarks, so many times I think you are just in here to stir up trouble or get someones goat by acting as someone without too much intelligence regarding these issues. I mean no offence, sincere opinion. Why would you do that to Americans concerned for their country??

Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 PM

4,277 posts, read 7,893,105 times
getout: School systems don't say "Oh, illegal kids don't need vaccinations" - they don't know the kids' legal status to begin with.

New York City's school system explicitly states that it does not check for whether someone is illegally living in the country or not

http://insideschools.org/index12.php?s=1&nt=0&a=71

Quote:
Immigrant students do not have to show documentation of US residency status to enter school. Moreover, New York City schools are barred from asking about or discussing immigrant status with a parent or student. See also Advocates for Children's guide to immigrant students' rights. For information about classes designed for immigrant students, see our page on English language instruction.
Regardless the kid is required to get his or her shots

http://insideschools.org/index12.php?s=1&a=34

Quote:
If you don't have immunization records, schools will give you a two-week "grace period" either to produce your child's immunization records or verify that you have started your child on the first round of shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
It amazes me how racist this statement is. Regarding immunizations, it is another travesty to both child and others to not require and track diseases that have been wiped out in this country. Why do you continue to refer to the Health Department? The fact that proof of said immunizations does not seem to be a prerequisite for illegal children to enter school, not where they get them, if they in fact do. I know when mine enrolled, I had better be up to date unless I had good reason to refuse or have lacked administered immunizations. Clarks, so many times I think you are just in here to stir up trouble or get someones goat by acting as someone without too much intelligence regarding these issues. I mean no offence, sincere opinion. Why would you do that to Americans concerned for their country??

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,722,518 times
[quote]It amazes me how racist this statement is. Regarding immunizations, it is another travesty to both child and others to not require and track diseases that have been wiped out in this country. Why do you continue to refer to the Health Department? The fact that proof of said immunizations does not seem to be a prerequisite for illegal children to enter school, not where they get them, if they in fact do. I know when mine enrolled, I had better be up to date unless I had good reason to refuse or have lacked administered immunizations. Clarks, so many times I think you are just in here to stir up trouble or get someones goat by acting as someone without too much intelligence regarding these issues. I mean no offence, sincere opinion. Why would you do that to Americans concerned for their country??/QUOTE]

I would love to sit down with you and find out how much you know, it would be interesting.

I referred to the Health Department once, I certainly did not "continue" I referred to them, because in the state I worked in they administered vaccines, as they have done for me on my trips to Africa. Students are not allowed in school without the required vaccines, what ever on Earth would make you think they are?

Why am I here? because the amount of incorrect racist crap spouted on this forum is appalling. If someone does not call you and the others on their ( I will use the term incorrect, instead of the correct term which starts with an l and ends with an s and has four letters).

I run just about everything through the "stink" test, if a statement stinks I will call on it. Now, rather than argue with me, you should listen, everything I say is based on a long life well lived with a great depth and breadth of experience.

Americans have every right to be concerned about their country, but Americans have shown they both want and need the services the illegals supply and all the caterwauling will not change that.

If, illegal immigration was seen as a threat by decision makers, then it would have been dealt with.

Racism is usually practiced by the marginal, racism is usually based on fear, that is, economic fear, that the victimized group is seen as an economic threat to the particular socio ec group.
Racism is also based on the fear of the other, the efforts to paint the President of the United States as a foreigner, as a muslim as the "other" is based on that construct of fear.

The same thing was done to Kennedy, because he was Irish Catholic, the first non British/German/Dutch Protestant President.

If the illegal haters could act in a Christian manner, and remove hatred and discrimination and fear from their thinking, they might get to heaven, if such a thing exists.

I can tell you this, if Christ is who the Bible tells us he is, I know what table he would sit at, and it would not be with the haters.

And Puhleeaasee don't tell me once again that they are "illegal criminals"

If your family was malnourished with no hope of improvement and across a national border was the land of milk and honey, you would go there, and you would work your butt off to send money home to feed your family. You would, and I would, and every person who loves their children would do that.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
[quote=Clarks;13161498]
Quote:
It amazes me how racist this statement is. Regarding immunizations, it is another travesty to both child and others to not require and track diseases that have been wiped out in this country. Why do you continue to refer to the Health Department? The fact that proof of said immunizations does not seem to be a prerequisite for illegal children to enter school, not where they get them, if they in fact do. I know when mine enrolled, I had better be up to date unless I had good reason to refuse or have lacked administered immunizations. Clarks, so many times I think you are just in here to stir up trouble or get someones goat by acting as someone without too much intelligence regarding these issues. I mean no offence, sincere opinion. Why would you do that to Americans concerned for their country??/QUOTE]

I would love to sit down with you and find out how much you know, it would be interesting.

I referred to the Health Department once, I certainly did not "continue" I referred to them, because in the state I worked in they administered vaccines, as they have done for me on my trips to Africa. Students are not allowed in school without the required vaccines, what ever on Earth would make you think they are?

Why am I here? because the amount of incorrect racist crap spouted on this forum is appalling. If someone does not call you and the others on their ( I will use the term incorrect, instead of the correct term which starts with an l and ends with an s and has four letters).

I run just about everything through the "stink" test, if a statement stinks I will call on it. Now, rather than argue with me, you should listen, everything I say is based on a long life well lived with a great depth and breadth of experience.

Americans have every right to be concerned about their country, but Americans have shown they both want and need the services the illegals supply and all the caterwauling will not change that.

If, illegal immigration was seen as a threat by decision makers, then it would have been dealt with.

Racism is usually practiced by the marginal, racism is usually based on fear, that is, economic fear, that the victimized group is seen as an economic threat to the particular socio ec group.
Racism is also based on the fear of the other, the efforts to paint the President of the United States as a foreigner, as a muslim as the "other" is based on that construct of fear.

The same thing was done to Kennedy, because he was Irish Catholic, the first non British/German/Dutch Protestant President.

If the illegal haters could act in a Christian manner, and remove hatred and discrimination and fear from their thinking, they might get to heaven, if such a thing exists.

I can tell you this, if Christ is who the Bible tells us he is, I know what table he would sit at, and it would not be with the haters.

If your family was malnourished with no hope of improvement and across a national border was the land of milk and honey, you would go there, and you would work your butt off to send money home to feed your family. You would, and I would, and every person who loves their children would do that.
Illegal aliens are criminals factoring in ID theft, etc.----------and, I will keep referring to those losers as criminals.

As for that 'starving family' claptrap: obesity is no longer a problem in Mexico. Besides: maybe of those people controlled their family sizes, they could feed their kids. As for that bit that the culture SoB precludes birth control--------that is not our problem.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
"Americans have every right to be concerned about their country, but Americans have shown they both want and need the services the illegals supply and all the caterwauling will not change that.

If your family was malnourished with no hope of improvement and across a national border was the land of milk and honey, you would go there, and you would work your butt off to send money home to feed your family."_________________________

No, MOST Americans have not shown they want illegal aliens here. It is only the greedy, far left loony tunes and the ethnocentrics that want them here. Far too many of our politicians are a part of the greed factor and that is the reason that not a lot has been done about this situation.

Right, racism is practiced by the marginal. Look to the ethnocentrics on that one, not law abiding Americans. Since illegals come in all races your racism argument lacks merit. Why shouldn't blue collar workers fear for their jobs? Why shouldn't Americans fear an illegal invasion of their country? Why shouldn't Americans fear their rising taxes much due to illegal immigration?

Only some Americans feel that Obama is a foreinger. As for being a muslim well there is some evidence that he was one at least in the past. But what you are doing is taking the opinions of a minority of Americans and making it sound like they are the majority when they are not. The same thing can be said about Kennedy.

I just love it when the pro-illegals call the anti-illegals "haters". Wow, such an emotionally charged word. Kind of like calling them racists also. So effective in demonizing, isn't it? I guess no one can be opposed to illegal immigration/amnesty unless they are a hater or racist, right? Can't be because of their negative impact on our country or the rule of law, can it? Naw! Oh, and now the Bible is being spouted to support their demonization of law abiding Americans. Of course the Bible also says "obey the laws of the land, thow shalt not covent thy neighbor and thou shalt not steal" but those commandments don't count, do they?

Again, quit speaking for other Americans. No, I would not violate another country's borders for economic gain. For the most part these invaders are not starving nor are their families. It is only that they can earn more money here but that doesn't give them the right to violate our immigration laws and undercut the citizens of this country for a job and suck their tax dollars dry.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:23 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
So the only valid culture is the Anglo Saxon? the Obermensch?

Interesting, the largest minority in the nation is German, not Anglo Saxon.
Then we need to suppress the Cajuns in Lousiana, the Scandanavians in the upper midwest, the Portuguese on both coasts, the Italians in New York and Boston, the Irish in New York and Boston, the Poles in Chicago and the steel towns.
Oh, lets not forget the folks them AngloSaxons stole the land from, the Indians.

The Anglo Saxons have a long history of killing other ethnic groups. You have never heard of the Fish Creek War. In a mining town in Nevada in 1879, there were Italian charcoal makers, they went on strike, they wanted enough money to live on (imagine their temerity) So the local boys, good colonial Anglo Saxon stock went out and massacred them.
Sacco and Vannzetti, killed for the crime of being Italian.
Black Americans, American Citizens, 4,000 of which were hung in the state of Mississippi alone between 1900 and the start of WW2, without the benefit of trial.

You see, as soon as anyone talks of the dominant culture, I think of those things, and I think of the Nazis, not much difference in my book, and I am English, mostly.

I consider the hatred of illegals only partially due to their illegality, but primarily due to their ethnicity. Now you can deny it till the cows come home. I do not believe your denials.

I do believe that if this country were being "invaded" by hordes of 19 year old French and Swedish girls, we would not hear all this virulent whining.

Oh, and don't forget that the haters grandfathers hated the Japanese and had an entire race of Americans, both native born citizens and immigrants imprisoned in labor camps, and their fathers were able to get laws passed prohibiting the immigration of Chinese, for fear of the Yellow Peril.

Racism assumes many forms, but, it is old stuff.
We have discussed the issue of “American culture” ad nauseam, and there must be at least 10 threads devoted to this topic. IMO, some of the best posts on this subject are by macmeal. You should check them out. Although, be advised, his posts are cogent, and they don’t support your “hate” agenda.

We have also heard all of the accusations of racism, xenophobia, nativism, haters, etc, etc, etc. It’s old, trite, and baseless. Do you think your inculcations will somehow alter the truth? If so, you are sorely mistaken. Moreover, would you care to explain how opposition to illegal immigration inherently equates to racism? In any case, how does any of this -- racism, internment camps, massacres, and hangings justify illegal immigration?

BTW, when you invoke Godwin’s Law, you lose all credibility.

Quote:
There is a dictum in Internet culture called Godwin's Law (after Mike Godwin, a lawyer who coined the maxim), which posits that the longer an online discussion persists, the more likely it is that someone will compare something to the Nazis or Hitler.
The Comparison That Ends the Conversation - washingtonpost.com

Old 03-05-2010, 06:27 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
[quote=ArizonaBear;13161919]
Quote:

Illegal aliens are criminals factoring in ID theft, etc.----------and, I will keep referring to those losers as criminals.

As for that 'starving family' claptrap: obesity is no longer a problem in Mexico. Besides: maybe of those people controlled their family sizes, they could feed their kids. As for that bit that the culture SoB precludes birth control--------that is not our problem.
Correction: obesity IS a problem in Mexico these days-----------not starvation.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:

Racism, racism, racism, racism. Enough already.

Is it even possible for one to oppose illegal immigration without being racist? Your posts are replete with accusations and innuendos. Yet, you have failed to provide even one logical argument to explain why we should embrace a group of people who are here in violation of our laws.

Does your “long life well lived with a great depth and breadth of experience” include compliance with the law, and punishment for violators?

BTW, Jesus would not support liars and thieves. Does “thou shalt not steal” ring a bell?

How about. . . . John 8:44 - Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
But how easily would they be granted visas? Getout, if it was that easy for them to get visas like that, then surely they would be here legally. AFAIK it is difficult for a poor campesino in Mexico or El Salvador to get a visa to work in the US.
As a sovereign nation, it is our right and obligation to determine the criteria for legal immigration. Some will be accepted, and some will be denied. That’s life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or