U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,431,926 times
Reputation: 392

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually I think both parties are in it for all the same reasons.

Both want the cheap labor for their beloved corporations and fellow elites. Both want the NAU, the New World Order where their beloved corporations like Walmart are allowed to build all over Mexico and Central America and unlimited immigration is part of that whole deal as millions of campesinos are to be uprooted and displaced.

Both are capable of pandering, look at McCain, the way he blatantly pandered to the illegals. As did Bush. And Kennedy, and Clintons, and Pelosi.
The NAU was exposed when jorge was President. I believe jorge obviously tried to do everything that a President could do to try to merge the US and Mexico for the NAU. Things like appointing heads of bureaus and other officials who were favorable towards the NAU and who implemented policies favorable towards the goal of trying to merge the US and Mexico. A lot of these appointments are still in place. So the whole story is more than just a bunch of corrupt bought off politicians bought off by corporate America, as to why very little seems to ever get done about stopping illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,431,926 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
somebody gets it.

the repubs do NOT deserve their repuation for being anti illigal immigration, not one bit.


the first and ony time we gave ammnesty it was Reagan in office, bush 43 wanted amnesty and mccain, from arizona of all places, had a very accomodating record and platform running for pres., just check his website.
Not even one little bit? The fact is that all that matters right now is what the repubs are doing currently, and currently, the repub politicians are fighting illegal immigration and ,currently, the left wing amnesty progressive socialist democratic politicians are fighting the repub politicians fighting illegal immigration. There are 6 republican and 202 left wing amnesty progressive socialist democratic politicians in Congress, currently, trying to block every effort to stop illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:14 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,518,304 times
Reputation: 22276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Not even one little bit? The fact is that all that matters right now is what the repubs are doing currently, and currently, the repub politicians are fighting illegal immigration and ,currently, the left wing amnesty progressive socialist democratic politicians are fighting the repub politicians fighting illegal immigration. There are 6 republican and 202 left wing amnesty progressive socialist democratic politicians in Congress, currently, trying to block every effort to stop illegal immigration.
Some are. The democrats tend to keep their politicians in lock-step more. You never hear of democrats straying from the party line on anything.

McCain likes to put himself out as some GOP spokesman and he's as pro-open borders and pro-NAU as you can get.

I believe if McCain had won, the illegals would already have their amnesty and their relatives would be flooding over the border right now to join them - and legally. It would be a free-for-all as far as the border, there would be no immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:16 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,518,304 times
Reputation: 22276
In fact I think the illegals were kind of stupid to vote for Obama over McCain because Obama was always a little more vague on how this amnesty would be, he would say things like the illegals having to know English or getting in the line, not at the front like they demand but at the back of the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,431,926 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Some are. The democrats tend to keep their politicians in lock-step more. You never hear of democrats straying from the party line on anything.

McCain likes to put himself out as some GOP spokesman and he's as pro-open borders and pro-NAU as you can get.

I believe if McCain had won, the illegals would already have their amnesty and their relatives would be flooding over the border right now to join them - and legally. It would be a free-for-all as far as the border, there would be no immigration laws.
Wow! I couldn't disagree more. RINO McCain was just hispandering to try to get a least a portion of the hispanic vote, however small, and nothing more. The corporate America that supports RINO McCain doesn't want any amnesty that would end the cheap no benefits illegal labor. RINO McCain, although he wouldn't have actually tried for amnesty in the first place, wouldn't have had any more success at amnesty than Maobama has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:43 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,518,304 times
Reputation: 22276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Wow! I couldn't disagree more. RINO McCain was just hispandering to try to get a least a portion of the hispanic vote, however small, and nothing more. The corporate America that supports RINO McCain doesn't want any amnesty that would end the cheap no benefits illegal labor. RINO McCain, although he wouldn't have actually tried for amnesty in the first place, wouldn't have had any more success at amnesty than Maobama has.
I don't know about that -- look at Reagan's amnesty what a huge blunder that was. Yes he admitted it was a great mistake after it was too late but he also signed it in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,431,926 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't know about that -- look at Reagan's amnesty what a huge blunder that was. Yes he admitted it was a great mistake after it was too late but he also signed it in.
There was that matter of stepped up enforcement of immigration laws that was part of Reagan's amnesty bill that the pro illegal powers wouldn't let happen that would have made a big difference in the 20 -30 million illegals that have since broken in. That's why Reagan admitted that it was a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,518,304 times
Reputation: 22276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
There was that matter of stepped up enforcement of immigration laws that was part of Reagan's amnesty bill that the pro illegal powers wouldn't let happen that would have made a big difference in the 20 -30 million illegals that have since broken in. That's why Reagan admitted that it was a mistake.
That and the fact that fraud was extremely massive.

Reagan intended for about 300,000 illegals who had been living and working here for years to be given legal status but the fraud was so great that it ended up being an amnesty for over 3,000,000 and many who had never before stepped foot in the USA, came running over the border to get in on it.

The promised future enforcement of course never happened.

There is no way to prevent fraud when it comes to people living here illegally because how do you prove who stole a social security number when and how do you determine which social security number thief is the legitimate one? How can the undocumented provide a single valid document to prove anything? The next amnesty would be the same thing -- people would come pouring over the border to claim their US citizenship and papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 04:38 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,201,539 times
Reputation: 453
Read this article in it's entirety from June 2009.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/a...n-meeting.html

This is also what we are up against. Sickening. Time for this to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top