Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 03:39 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQG View Post
It's possible that a Caucasian European male or female would get better perspectives to stay in the US for the color of his/her skin. the same if an white American goes as a immigrant to any of the European countries. Racism exist, but people don't want to accept their biases.
I think it has to do more with similar and/or dissimilar cultures than skin color. Most of those migrating to Italy, and Europe in general, come from Muslim countries, and their religion based culture does not blend well with European culture. No country wants to be overrun by people who can't, or won't assimilate, which is what happens with unfettered illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 03:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I think it has to do more with similar and/or dissimilar cultures than skin color. Most of those migrating to Italy, and Europe in general, come from Muslim countries, and their religion based culture does not blend well with European culture. No country wants to be overrun by people who can't, or won't assimilate, which is what happens with unfettered illegal immigration.

Thank you, and yes being a American of Italian heritage, i agree. We were in Italy years and years ago, had a great time, they treated us very good, and at that time, i did not teach myself good Italian. I knew a bit of Italian not that much, but still from the States. They embraced me and my hubby, and treated us very good. Actually i would say, they went out of their way, to make us understand, but a lot of the Italians did speak some english, and were so nice.

As you say, i believe it has more to do with the differences in cultures then the actual skin color. Muslim religion would not fare well in Italy. Muslim religion i believe would not be accepted in Italy gees i wonder why!

I don't blame Italy one bit.

Sono un Felce Americano e l'amore mio Patrimonio Italiano!

Prendersi cura amico?

Old 06-18-2011, 05:16 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
The skin color thing in Italy dont sound right. Many Italianos have dark skin, some of them look Indio Mexican and there called white.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
The skin color thing in Italy dont sound right. Many Italianos have dark skin, some of them look Indio Mexican and there called white.
Your so very correct. There are Italians in my family who are very dark skinned, and some lighter skin Italians. I am middle of the range i guess. My sister and brother are much darker skinned then I. I am not light light skin, but not dark as them either. I don't have dark color hair as they do, but lighter blondish red, and green hazel eyes.

I doubt very much it is the skin color.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Excellent post!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:49 PM

157 posts, read 137,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your so very correct. There are Italians in my family who are very dark skinned, and some lighter skin Italians. I am middle of the range i guess. My sister and brother are much darker skinned then I. I am not light light skin, but not dark as them either. I don't have dark color hair as they do, but lighter blondish red, and green hazel eyes.

I doubt very much it is the skin color.
I'm also of Italian heritage (Southern Italy) and, like your family, we run the gamut from lighter to dark--some almost Arab-like in appearance.

I know there was a problem a while back with Romanian illegals in Southern Italy. It wasn't a racial thing--mostly about economics and higher crime rate. Southern Italy is poorer than the Northern part of the country.

There is some conflict with Muslims as Italy has been a traditional Catholic country (hello--the Vatican), but with the influx of Muslims, some schools have removed crosses off the walls so as not to "offend" Muslims and it doesn't go over well with many Italians as they feel this is part of their culture.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:59 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Italians are not helping their cause by not having babies. That is why Italy is swamped with legal and illegal immigrants.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:05 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Italians are not helping their cause by not having babies. That is why Italy is swamped with legal and illegal immigrants.
Italians aren't having babies? Link, please.

So, both legal and illegal immigrants are making the decision to migrate to Italy because they are worried that Italians are not procreating? Why would they care?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Italians aren't having babies? Link, please.

So, both legal and illegal immigrants are making the decision to migrate to Italy because they are worried that Italians are not procreating? Why would they care?
"Italy’s Birth Rate is The Second Lowest in the Western World The birth rate of Italy, at a rate of 1.23 children per woman is the second lowest in the Western world. Women rarely have more than one child. The government and the Catholic Church in this staunchly Catholic nation are perplexed and concerned by this phenomenon."

Italy’s Birth Rate is The Second Lowest in the Western World

High Springs Gator is right.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Another link

BBC News | EUROPE | Italy: Immigration or extinction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration