Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,492,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In a major speech to the Council on Foreign Relations on Wednesday, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg says the United States risks “national suicide” if it doesn’t adopt a more welcoming immigration policy.

“The American dream cannot survive if we keep telling the dreamers to go elsewhere,” the mayor adds. “It’s what I call national suicide – and that’s not hyperbole.”

Immigration reform, he argues, is the key to creating new jobs and setting the economy on a steady path into the future.
Bloomberg: U.S. immigration policy is 'national suicide' - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

More welcoming? I suppose welcoming more immigrants than ALL other countries combined is much too restrictive. Furthermore, how would allowing millions of illegal aliens to remain in this country create more jobs, and spur economic growth?

No, “national suicide” would be to legalize these interlopers, and allow them to continue to suck this country dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 10:36 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,196,345 times
The goal of the Council On Foreign Relations since its founding in 1921 has been to promote globalism by eliminating American sovereignty and forming a one world government. They were promoters of NAFTA and are sponsors of the proposed North American Union. For Bloomberg to deliver such a speech to them is like preaching to the choir. In fact, Bloomberg is part of choir since he is a CFR member.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:43 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,492,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
The goal of the Council On Foreign Relations since its founding in 1921 has been to promote globalism by eliminating American sovereignty and forming a one world government. They were promoters of NAFTA and are sponsors of the proposed North American Union. For Bloomberg to deliver such a speech to them is like preaching to the choir. In fact, Bloomberg is part of choir since he is a CFR member.
The absolute truth.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:36 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,456,361 times
Quote:
“The American dream cannot survive if we keep telling the dreamers to go elsewhere,”...
No, the American Dream cannot survive if we keep sending American jobs overseas or employing illegals over legal American citizens. Why are so many more concerned about these lawbreakers gaining the American Dream than they are about helping fellow Americans to obtain or retain it?

Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,482,446 times
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity . . . . What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving . . . . The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else . . . .. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation . . . .You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

- Adrian Rogers, 1931

Americans have been very generous, but you can't be generous with people who hate this country and want to milk the system by entering illegally.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:23 PM

106 posts, read 253,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity . . . . What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving . . . . The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else . . . .. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation . . . .You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

- Adrian Rogers, 1931

Americans have been very generous, but you can't be generous with people who hate this country and want to milk the system by entering illegally.
I wish that wasn't so long it would be a great sig line.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,561,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Bloomberg: U.S. immigration policy is 'national suicide' - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

More welcoming? I suppose welcoming more immigrants than ALL other countries combined is much too restrictive. Furthermore, how would allowing millions of illegal aliens to remain in this country create more jobs, and spur economic growth?

No, “national suicide” would be to legalize these interlopers, and allow them to continue to suck this country dry.
What major corporations, which make money off of the cheap illegal labor, does Bloomberg have shares in?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:03 PM

515 posts, read 713,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What major corporations, which make money off of the cheap illegal labor, does Bloomberg have shares in?
THAT is the question! It's the question we should be asking all of the traitors who aid and abet the hordes of criminal invaders (aka: illegals).

I've lived long enough to realize that the answer to why any nasty situation is allowed to develop out of control is usually money!

Old 06-16-2011, 10:26 PM

838 posts, read 919,184 times
Bloomberg said the same things in Congress with Rupert Murdoch last year. It was an illegal immigration get together meeting, just un-real. Saw it on C-Span cable. At the end, the black Chairwoman said "I have to tell you that people are watching this and saying what's all this talk about immigration when I don't have a job". Then there was a long silence in the room.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,484,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Bloomberg said the same things in Congress with Rupert Murdoch last year. It was an illegal immigration get together meeting, just un-real. Saw it on C-Span cable. At the end, the black Chairwoman said "I have to tell you that people are watching this and saying what's all this talk about immigration when I don't have a job". Then there was a long silence in the room.
That Chairwoman needs to run for President. Shed get MY vote and I aint Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration