U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What illegal immigration solution would make you happy?
Asset seizure, deport, and lifetime ban from re-entering 38 66.67%
Fine, deport, "punishment" wait period, then re-enter 5 8.77%
Deport, re-entry as processing allows. No violent criminals 11 19.30%
No deport, no fine, process while in US 1 1.75%
Total amnesty. Stroke of a pen makes everyone "legal" 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2007, 09:10 AM
 
36 posts, read 59,290 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
What you're saying is just the way is supposed to be, IF the laws were respected and enforced at the begining. However, it wasn't like that, and now we are at the point where our system is broken. we have millions and millions of people inside the country who came in breaking our legal system. Trying to fix this with the people inside, doesn't work. We need to deport them all, reform our immigration system, and then, those who LOVE and ADMIRE this country can come in; that will be determined with the new psychological exams in the new immigration system. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. A crime must be punished. AMNESTY IS NOT RIGHT. They commited the crime; not us. If there are some good ones, then they are more than welcome to stand up for this nation and protect its laws. That will prove they are good.

And that cheap excuse about White not doing specific jobs, it's a lie. I know White people working in any type of jobs. I know Whites cleaning toilets, painting houses, cleaning farms, picking up tomatoes, etc....and they do it way better than these "fallen angels from the sky who came here to do what lazy whites don't want to do"

Maybe Yankees are different, but in the South, American people do and creates everything; and don't need leeches to de their job.
So now Mexicans are LEECHES?? wow, thats nice to say about your brothers and sisters, because thats what they are you know... Just like I have said before and I will say it too you, if you were in Mexico and lived the way they do, you would be over here just like they are trying to make a life for them selves and their family. I hear all the time, there arent any jobs, because the Mexican takes them all. As I drive around everyday, I see SOOO MANY HELP WANTED SIGNS its not even funny. So, why is it that they have to compliane (there arent any jobs) get off your butt and get one. What its not good enough, because its burger kind, its Mcdonalds. Well if it good enough for a Mexican then its good enough for Americans!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2007, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Hopewell New Jersey
1,393 posts, read 6,918,317 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
I want who ever has shown that they are good people and dont break the law to be able to stay, and work on becoming legal, if you read all my post you would know that. What I dont agree with, is the illegal people having our welfare. I think that, welfare is for the americans. I think that, if illegals want to better them selves here, they can work hard and do what most americans have to do in order to make it. My brother in law is mexican, he works very hard doesnt take a hand out from anyone!! he obeys the laws, he is legal now of course, so he is able to have insurance for his car and things that he should have as an american.
Does that clear it up for you??

They broke the law when they crossed the boarder. It's a fairly simple concept. Not sure why you're having trouble with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 09:39 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,573,713 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
So now Mexicans are LEECHES?? wow, thats nice to say about your brothers and sisters, because thats what they are you know... Just like I have said before and I will say it too you, if you were in Mexico and lived the way they do, you would be over here just like they are trying to make a life for them selves and their family. I hear all the time, there arent any jobs, because the Mexican takes them all. As I drive around everyday, I see SOOO MANY HELP WANTED SIGNS its not even funny. So, why is it that they have to compliane (there arent any jobs) get off your butt and get one. What its not good enough, because its burger kind, its Mcdonalds. Well if it good enough for a Mexican then its good enough for Americans!!
Well, I call them leeches as well, because they are sucking and draining this country of resources! (And I am NOT singleing out mexicans only...this refers to ALL illegals!)
Second, mexicans are not, never were, never will be, my brothers or sisters.
Third, that's the reason I DON'T live in Mexico, never would....and BTW, we would never be allowed to live there (mexico), owing property, nor getting ANYTHING from that government. (Because THEY make darn sure they enforce THEIR LAWS, with machine guns, if necessary!!!)
Last but not least, you must be the one having a lot of money, having no problem at all to support all of them. Well, good, if you want to spend it senselessly, send some my way
And, my dear, I sure hope you will never come to the point needing government help, or medical care.....because it might not be there for you....thank's to "your brothers and sisters"!
Funny to note too, that your advocating the illegals, finding reasons to justify them breaking laws on several levels, but having such a somewhat "patriotic" screen name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 AM
 
36 posts, read 59,290 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
They broke the law when they crossed the boarder. It's a fairly simple concept. Not sure why you're having trouble with it.
I know they broke the law, when they came across the border, if you lived there you would too!
What I mean by breaking the law, just like Bush said the ones that dont have criminal backgrounds will be the first ones to be helped... Duh, have you not heard him say that?? Thats what I mean.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 10:44 AM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 390,286 times
Reputation: 117
Default No silver spoon here honey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
You must have never had to struggle a day in your life, you must have been born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Thats how you sound, you dont have a heart either...Your plan wont work, trust me. There are caring people in the Gov and that would never happen. So, how does that grab you???
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
No silver spoon here I'm sorry to say. I was born to a single mother in the tenements of NYC, she worked every day of her life to provide for her two daughters and never got any help. She felt a strong sense of responsibility for the children she CHOOSE to have and didn't expect food stamps or any other aid to help her. The so called "caring people in the government" care only for the fat wallets in their own pockets that get rich off the profits they make by keeping illegals working in theirs and their buddies business', they can pay them what amounts to slave wages and keep many more Americans from the ability to earn a decent living for their families. Do they care about the elderly and homeless Americans in THIS country......absolutely not, give the average American the option of his tax dollar going to help those citizens here in this country who have made a contribution to the greatness of America or an illegal from any nation and I think you would find Americans are very caring people. They are however getting sick and tired of having every border jumper and their anchor babies on the handout line while all the same cursing the people that help them. Many illegals are hard working people but that doesn't change the fact that they have disrespected us by breaking our laws and they want to be rewarded for doing so and American citizens have always been taught and live by the fact that you break the law you pay the price which in this case demands deportation and that is as it should be. If you sneak into a movie theatre and then get caught do you expect the manager to throw you out or should he let you enjoy the show and provide you with some snacks too because you are already there. And if you're a paying customer in line at that theatre should you have to pay double because the money for the others guys seat has to come from somewhere? You would refuse to pay for the other guy I think and that is what the majority of Americans are saying now..............we are tired of paying but if we have to pay the money should go to helping our own citizens. And before you say they are hard working people again, let me tell you that the staff I had to work with was made up of mostly illegals and without fail every one of them got every program out there (WIC etc) in addition to above average pay "off the books", one of the guys wife had a cleaning business that cleared $1500 a week in addition to his $900 a week yet they still took advantage of WIC and any other program they could get their hands on. None of them ever paid one cent in taxes so where is this great contribution people seem to think they make to this country? To me it is/was a one sided profit here, all in their favor. Many of them bought homes here in the states and back in their own countries, meanwhile Americans who are paying taxes and paying for all the social programs are broke and many will never be able to have the American dream of home ownership. Apparently some people here have some limited interaction with a few illegals and that clouds their view of the big picture but growing up where I did my life has always dealt with immigrants and until the last two decades this country had a different breed of immigrants that were welcomed with open arms by us, they came, assimilated and wanted to become Americans............this new breed wants to come, take, change us and charge us for the privilige of having them here illegally and sorry to say we are not willing to sit by and let it happen anymore. So in answer to your remark......no I didn't have a silver spoon in my mouth when I was born.........it was more like a plastic one because it was all my mother could afford!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 AM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,351,773 times
Reputation: 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
I want who ever has shown that they are good people and dont break the law to be able to stay, and work on becoming legal, if you read all my post you would know that. What I dont agree with, is the illegal people having our welfare. I think that, welfare is for the americans. I think that, if illegals want to better them selves here, they can work hard and do what most americans have to do in order to make it. My brother in law is mexican, he works very hard doesnt take a hand out from anyone!! he obeys the laws, he is legal now of course, so he is able to have insurance for his car and things that he should have as an american.
Does that clear it up for you??
So you support illegal alien amnesty because your BIL started as an illegal alien, but is now legal, and he is a good person. In my own little informal poll this is what I have found - that supports of amnesty have friends/family that are/were illegal aliens.
The problem is the part "don't break the law" because of course, as you know, they broke the law to be here. In fact, their employer broke the law to give them jobs. They break/broke the law driving without insurance. Just how many laws are they supposed to be forgiven for breaking? I can not condone that, for any reason. As I have said in several posts, if desperation is a justifiable reason for breaking the law, then a good portion of our prison population could be exhonerated of their crimes.
We do agree that illegal aliens should not be on welfare though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 12:25 PM
 
36 posts, read 59,290 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
So you support illegal alien amnesty because your BIL started as an illegal alien, but is now legal, and he is a good person. In my own little informal poll this is what I have found - that supports of amnesty have friends/family that are/were illegal aliens.
The problem is the part "don't break the law" because of course, as you know, they broke the law to be here. In fact, their employer broke the law to give them jobs. They break/broke the law driving without insurance. Just how many laws are they supposed to be forgiven for breaking? I can not condone that, for any reason. As I have said in several posts, if desperation is a justifiable reason for breaking the law, then a good portion of our prison population could be exhonerated of their crimes.
We do agree that illegal aliens should not be on welfare though
Of course that is not why I support it. I am hispanic myself. I am not Mexican but I can feel were they come from, I didnt have alot growing up either and I completly understand why they come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 01:16 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,011,460 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
You dont have a heart either.. Just think if you and your family didnt have food, money and you lived in a place like Mexico. You would come to america to get what you could for your family. You cant say you wouldnt, why are some of you so hard and none caring for human life, your brothers and sisters life.
I understand the point that they are here illegaly, not a question. But we have to deal with it. There are sooo many mexicans that have been here for 20+ years, you cant just say (give up your house, your cars, everything you have built) and get out, never come back. There are things we can do as america to help. We all are not that heartless.
Actually I do have a heart, so much so I want to ensure poor Americans are taken care of first. Illegal aliens have outright invaded this nation, and they are taking jobs desperately needed by poor Americans. We have too many Americans suffering here. Illegal aliens have invaded in such huge numbers even when poor Americans can find work they are paid much less than what they otherwise should, and frequently without much at all in the way of benefits. This is due to the huge supply of illegal alien labor. Take away or remove the illegals from the workforce, and employers will be forced to raise wages and offer better benefits. The end result would be a much better off America. The illegal alien problem has reached the point where its become an infestation. And it's time Americans begin to realize that every time we tolerate or turn a blind eye to an employer hiring an illegal alien, and every time we see an illegal alien doing a job an American wants and we don't object, it's we ourselves that are putting our boots on the neck of every unemployed and underemployed American in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 01:41 PM
 
36 posts, read 59,290 times
Reputation: 13
Default Illegal immigration, what would make me happy?

To help the Mexicans become legal. Bush is working on it. Help the ones that have been here for years and years become legal.
There are so many that have been here for so long, it would be very sad to see them uprooted and sent back to nothing when they have gained so much. I feel that our welfare system should be for us, as americans. I feel that if anyone from another country wants to come here or become legal they should work hard and do in a sense that its not hendering us.
I feel that we as America already helps so many other country's why not help the Mexicans? Thats my take on it, maybe I will get this one taken off too. Only because I dont agree with everyone. I thought this was a public forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM
 
36 posts, read 59,290 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Actually I do have a heart, so much so I want to ensure poor Americans are taken care of first. Illegal aliens have outright invaded this nation, and they are taking jobs desperately needed by poor Americans. We have too many Americans suffering here. Illegal aliens have invaded in such huge numbers even when poor Americans can find work they are paid much less than what they otherwise should, and frequently without much at all in the way of benefits. This is due to the huge supply of illegal alien labor. Take away or remove the illegals from the workforce, and employers will be forced to raise wages and offer better benefits. The end result would be a much better off America. The illegal alien problem has reached the point where its become an infestation. And it's time Americans begin to realize that every time we tolerate or turn a blind eye to an employer hiring an illegal alien, and every time we see an illegal alien doing a job an American wants and we don't object, it's we ourselves that are putting our boots on the neck of every unemployed and underemployed American in this country.
You dont have a heart either.. Just think if you and your family didnt have food, money and you lived in a place like Mexico. You would come to america to get what you could for your family. You cant say you wouldnt, why are some of you so hard and none caring for human life, your brothers and sisters life.
I understand the point that they are here illegaly, not a question. But we have to deal with it. There are sooo many mexicans that have been here for 20+ years, you cant just say (give up your house, your cars, everything you have built) and get out, never come back. There are things we can do as america to help. We all are not that heartless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top