U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What illegal immigration solution would make you happy?
Asset seizure, deport, and lifetime ban from re-entering 38 66.67%
Fine, deport, "punishment" wait period, then re-enter 5 8.77%
Deport, re-entry as processing allows. No violent criminals 11 19.30%
No deport, no fine, process while in US 1 1.75%
Total amnesty. Stroke of a pen makes everyone "legal" 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:45 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
To help the Mexicans become legal. Bush is working on it. Help the ones that have been here for years and years become legal.
There are so many that have been here for so long, it would be very sad to see them uprooted and sent back to nothing when they have gained so much. I feel that our welfare system should be for us, as americans. I feel that if anyone from another country wants to come here or become legal they should work hard and do in a sense that its not hendering us.
I feel that we as America already helps so many other country's why not help the Mexicans? Thats my take on it, maybe I will get this one taken off too. Only because I dont agree with everyone. I thought this was a public forum.
What about the Asians, the Ethiopians, the Canadians? Do their illegal immigrants get to become legal as well, or is it only the illegal Mexican illegals who should get the preferential treatment?

Personally, I'm tired of watching my tax dollars get sucked into the caretaking of millions upon millions of illegal insurgents, to the tune of 10.5 BILLION dollars a year in California alone. I'd like to see them all shipped off back to where they came from and the preferential treatment given to those who have gone through the immigration process legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 01:58 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,011,460 times
Quote:
You dont have a heart either.. Just think if you and your family didnt have food, money and you lived in a place like Mexico. You would come to america to get what you could for your family. You cant say you wouldnt, why are some of you so hard and none caring for human life, your brothers and sisters life.
I understand the point that they are here illegaly, not a question. But we have to deal with it. There are sooo many mexicans that have been here for 20+ years, you cant just say (give up your house, your cars, everything you have built) and get out, never come back. There are things we can do as america to help. We all are not that heartless.
I realize we have to deal with it. But in times like these we need to stay focused and remember every single illegal here is a criminal. The nice ones only violate our border laws, steal a social security number and job, drive without a license and insurance, and steal medical care from our ERs and never pay for it. The not so nice illegals also murder, rape and deal/transprort drugs. But make no mistake, every single illegal here is a criminal and should be treated as such.

And I don't think illegals should be asked to give up their illegally obtained booty including their house, cars and everything they have built. I think they should have everything seized under RICO type laws. Big difference. Illegals sneak into this country and pick and choose which laws they will obey. It's time we start treating them like they deserve to be treated. Like the criminals they are.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM

1,393 posts, read 6,918,317 times
Kele and Hawkeye48 :

Both of you...right on target

Unfortunatly the powers to be have other plans...and it's NOT out of compasion..

Old 06-18-2007, 02:43 PM

36 posts, read 59,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
What about the Asians, the Ethiopians, the Canadians? Do their illegal immigrants get to become legal as well, or is it only the illegal Mexican illegals who should get the preferential treatment?

Personally, I'm tired of watching my tax dollars get sucked into the caretaking of millions upon millions of illegal insurgents, to the tune of 10.5 BILLION dollars a year in California alone. I'd like to see them all shipped off back to where they came from and the preferential treatment given to those who have gone through the immigration process legally.
You have a right to your thoughts, its ok. We all have our own thoughts. Thats what this forum is about.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I realize we have to deal with it. But in times like these we need to stay focused and remember every single illegal here is a criminal. The nice ones only violate our border laws, steal a social security number and job, drive without a license and insurance, and steal medical care from our ERs and never pay for it. The not so nice illegals also murder, rape and deal/transprort drugs. But make no mistake, every single illegal here is a criminal and should be treated as such.

And I don't think illegals should be asked to give up their illegally obtained booty including their house, cars and everything they have built. I think they should have everything seized under RICO type laws. Big difference. Illegals sneak into this country and pick and choose which laws they will obey. It's time we start treating them like they deserve to be treated. Like the criminals they are.
We have a right to our own thoughts, I am reading everyones thoughts. They are very interseting....

Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Did you know that the Gov brings Illegal people to Cali to help with the crops. Where is all that money going... Why would our Gov do that?? Why isnt the Gov bringing Americans to do the job? Maybe because the Illegals do a better job?

Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,011,460 times
Quote:
We have a right to our own thoughts....
Americans should have the right to be protected under the law as well. Illegals have had free reign to prey on Americans for generations picking choosing which laws to obey and who to violently attack. And it's time for that to stop. This great country has been invaded. By an army no less, and our own government has sat by idly by and watched it happen.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM

911 posts, read 3,202,082 times
Thumbs up In a Nutshell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
IMHO~the illegal aliens need to be rounded up and deported. They are here illegally and have no desire to integrate into American society. Once they're returned to their homeland, we need to patrol our borders and keep the aliens out. They are a drain on our society both financially and morally.
Yes------------------------------------

Old 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM

233 posts, read 390,286 times
Default Using your logic

Quote:
You dont have a heart either.. Just think if you and your family didnt have food, money and you lived in a place like Mexico. You would come to america to get what you could for your family. You cant say you wouldnt, why are some of you so hard and none caring for human life, your brothers and sisters life.
I understand the point that they are here illegaly, not a question. But we have to deal with it. There are sooo many mexicans that have been here for 20+ years, you cant just say (give up your house, your cars, everything you have built) and get out, never come back. There are things we can do as america to help. We all are not that heartless.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
Because I live in not great conditions and below the poverty level I can go out and rob any bank to feed myself and my children and put a decent roof over our heads. When I am caught I will not have to go to jail nor pay back the money I stole because after all my living conditions are so far below anyone else's it is only right and fair that I at least be allowed to elevate myself to their level and now that I am at that level or above it I should be able to keep all those ill gotten gains, after all I was desperate and had to do what I did to survive and so much time has passed since I committed the crime it wouldn't be right or nice to send me back. Sorry, not good enough, I've been at the lowest poverty level with 3 kids and lived in my car at times and I still didn't think anyone owed me anything or break any laws to get myself back up and make a life for us. The lives that they have been enjoying don't belong to them, they have built everything upon their lie that they have a right to be here when they disrespected us by coming here illegally. They are criminals that deserve to have their sentence the same as any other criminal and in this case the law says deportation, why should they expect anything different, are they better than any other lawbreaker, if they were they wouldn't have broken the law to begin with no matter what the circumstances. If you tell your neighbor they can't borrow your car and yet they do anyway while you're sleeping does that make it right? Immigration quotas and laws were put in place for reasons and just because the reasons don't make them happy is no allowance for them to break our laws to get here and think we owe it to them. Heck I like the nice new homes they are building in my town, I know I would never be able to afford one in my lifetime but I deserve one just like anyone else............so I guess I have the right to take one of the unsold ones and move in because after all I am a hard worker and I deserve it and why should anyone else be able to live in a nicer place than me. The citizens and legal immigrants of this country have made it the great place it was and have the right to decide who comes here or not, they have worked and fought for it and that gives them rights. What have the illegals done for anyone but themselves? Not a whole hell of a lot as far as I can see except put their hands out and make demands about what they want and expect from us and before you come back with the "poor illegal" garbage remember most of my 35 year work history has been working with these same people so I've seen and heard all their scams first hand.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:36 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,843 times
Quote:
Did you know that the Gov brings Illegal people to Cali to help with the crops. Where is all that money going... Why would our Gov do that?? Why isnt the Gov bringing Americans to do the job? Maybe because the Illegals do a better job?
Maybe because the illegals will work for slave wages and our government is promoting the enslavement of an entire geo-political class of people iunder the guise of compassion and a free market economy?

Maybe because Americans, who have been taught from birth that they can achieve the American dream if they just work hard enough, will not live five families to a single family dwelling?

Maybe Americans expect to be paid a living wage for their hard work in order that they might support their families without trying to rely on the government to feed, clothe, and educate them and provide them with medical care via the U.S. taxpayer funded Emergency Rooms?

Maybe because the government will fall all over itself to bankrupt our social services if these services are going to illegal aliens, but will allow American survivors of Hurricane Katrina to live in cardboard boxes and eat out of trash dumpsters?

Gee...you tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or