U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What illegal immigration solution would make you happy?
Asset seizure, deport, and lifetime ban from re-entering 38 66.67%
Fine, deport, "punishment" wait period, then re-enter 5 8.77%
Deport, re-entry as processing allows. No violent criminals 11 19.30%
No deport, no fine, process while in US 1 1.75%
Total amnesty. Stroke of a pen makes everyone "legal" 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2007, 04:41 PM
 
398 posts, read 1,265,012 times
Reputation: 239

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
So now Mexicans are LEECHES?? wow, thats nice to say about your brothers and sisters, because thats what they are you know... Just like I have said before and I will say it too you, if you were in Mexico and lived the way they do, you would be over here just like they are trying to make a life for them selves and their family. I hear all the time, there arent any jobs, because the Mexican takes them all. As I drive around everyday, I see SOOO MANY HELP WANTED SIGNS its not even funny. So, why is it that they have to compliane (there arent any jobs) get off your butt and get one. What its not good enough, because its burger kind, its Mcdonalds. Well if it good enough for a Mexican then its good enough for Americans!!

I am sorry to inform you that they are not leeches now. They ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. They create nothing. They only come here to live and survive from what is already created by Americans. In fact, the few money the produce, they send it back to mexico; just like a leech suck your blood, or like a parasite suck the savia of a tree. These people cosume American resources giving nothing in exchange; the poor quality of their hand labor is not good deal for us. Our robots could do a more efficient and perfect work.

About trying to imagine being a poor mexican and doing the same, I really doubt it ma'am. There is a very big difference that just a few people is able to see in this world; Americans, and all these people have different brains. In Mr. Rush Limbough words "we are just a different breed" we think 180 degrees opposite; they see the world from a different perspective; they use logic and rational thinking in a different way. Who is right and who is wrong? well I guess History can show what each have achieved.

So trying to put myself in that position is a little hard. You know why? here is a little proof: If you give a mexican 20 acres of a rich productive land, two things can happen: he can starve to death, or he can work for his neighbor who has a big farm. On the other side, if you give 20 acres of the same land to an American, he will work it; he will make it produce, he will survive and will grow by himself. That's how eventually hundreds of neighbors doing the same created little towns, then little cities, big cities, metropolis and so on.

Mexico has probably more natural resources than the USA. The only reason why is so poor, is its people. Simple as that; and I don;t want that kind of people here; we are not forced to receive them. Each society created its own country and each society deserves what they have. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2007, 04:45 PM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 389,619 times
Reputation: 117
Default Protected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Americans should have the right to be protected under the law as well. Illegals have had free reign to prey on Americans for generations picking choosing which laws to obey and who to violently attack. And it's time for that to stop. This great country has been invaded. By an army no less, and our own government has sat by idly by and watched it happen.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
My daughter in law was beaten and hospitalized by 2 of these so called "poor illegals" because when they cut in front of her and our grand daughter in line at McDonalds she told them she and the child were there first............she spent 2 days in the hospital and while the 2 women were apprehended they were given a really low bail and immediately jumped it, when the marshalls went to pick them up of course none of the others mexicans in the apartment they listed had any idea who they really were or where they could be found, but oh how my heart bleeds for these people..........so honest, so trustworthy, so good, so hardworking, just wanting to feed their family.......yea, right.......give me Charlie Manson anyday, at least you know what you're dealing with. Witness's lost work time to testify and the medical bills my sons family were saddled with cost them most of the downpayment they had saved to buy a house...............oh yea, tell me agin how honorable these illegals are. DEPORT THE LOT OF THEM ALL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 04:50 PM
 
398 posts, read 1,265,012 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
You dont have a heart either.. Just think if you and your family didnt have food, money and you lived in a place like Mexico. You would come to america to get what you could for your family. You cant say you wouldnt, why are some of you so hard and none caring for human life, your brothers and sisters life.
I understand the point that they are here illegaly, not a question. But we have to deal with it. There are sooo many mexicans that have been here for 20+ years, you cant just say (give up your house, your cars, everything you have built) and get out, never come back. There are things we can do as america to help. We all are not that heartless.

Ma'am, I respect you opinions but I think you have in your comments the seed of communism. First of all, we are not brothers and sisters; we are two different countries created by a totally different perspective. Second, helping others by giving them food, is a mistake. Instead, you teach them how to hunt for themselves; that's one of the reasons why America is successful and others aren't. We don't work for the rest. We start from the base that we are all equal, with the same capabilities to work and create. What we give each other, is the conditions in the system so everybody can grow and be all they can be IF they want; that's why there is now reason for mexicans to be poor, other than being lazy or mentaly disabled.

And last, unfortunatelly in this world you do not live with a "heart". That is secondary. In this world to succeed and lead a nation, you need reason, logic and critical thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,562,567 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
I am sorry to inform you that they are not leeches now. They ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. They create nothing. They only come here to live and survive from what is already created by Americans. In fact, the few money the produce, they send it back to mexico; just like a leech suck your blood, or like a parasite suck the savia of a tree. These people cosume American resources giving nothing in exchange; the poor quality of their hand labor is not good deal for us. Our robots could do a more efficient and perfect work.

About trying to imagine being a poor mexican and doing the same, I really doubt it ma'am. There is a very big difference that just a few people is able to see in this world; Americans, and all these people have different brains. In Mr. Rush Limbough words "we are just a different breed" we think 180 degrees opposite; they see the world from a different perspective; they use logic and rational thinking in a different way. Who is right and who is wrong? well I guess History can show what each have achieved.

So trying to put myself in that position is a little hard. You know why? here is a little proof: If you give a mexican 20 acres of a rich productive land, two things can happen: he can starve to death, or he can work for his neighbor who has a big farm. On the other side, if you give 20 acres of the same land to an American, he will work it; he will make it produce, he will survive and will grow by himself. That's how eventually hundreds of neighbors doing the same created little towns, then little cities, big cities, metropolis and so on.

Mexico has probably more natural resources than the USA. The only reason why is so poor, is its people. Simple as that; and I don;t want that kind of people here; we are not forced to receive them. Each society created its own country and each society deserves what they have. Period.

I agree with you 100 % !!!
It's funny, because I stated something along those lines earlier, fending someone off, and my post got deleted.
So, hopefully your post will stay, because I do believe that a lot of people feel the same way you do, but others are not accepting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:07 PM
 
36 posts, read 59,229 times
Reputation: 13
[quote=eaglecall;907910]Ma'am, I respect you opinions but I think you have in your comments the seed of communism. First of all, we are not brothers and sisters; We are brothers and sisters if you think we are not then your seeds of communism.

we are two different countries created by a totally different perspective. Second, helping others by giving them food, is a mistake. You think helping other by giving them food is a mistake? Wow, thats sad, I am sorry you feel that way.

that's why there is now reason for mexicans to be poor, other than being lazy or mentaly disabled. So, your saying all Mexicans are lazy or mentaly dosabled...Hmmm, Dont think you have your facts right at all.

And last, unfortunatelly in this world you do not live with a "heart". That is secondary. In this world to succeed and lead a nation, you need reason, logic and critical thinking. I disagree with you, we do have to have a heart. Why do you think everyone wants to come to America. We are so caring..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
 
36 posts, read 59,229 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
My daughter in law was beaten and hospitalized by 2 of these so called "poor illegals" because when they cut in front of her and our grand daughter in line at McDonalds she told them she and the child were there first............she spent 2 days in the hospital and while the 2 women were apprehended they were given a really low bail and immediately jumped it, when the marshalls went to pick them up of course none of the others mexicans in the apartment they listed had any idea who they really were or where they could be found, but oh how my heart bleeds for these people..........so honest, so trustworthy, so good, so hardworking, just wanting to feed their family.......yea, right.......give me Charlie Manson anyday, at least you know what you're dealing with. Witness's lost work time to testify and the medical bills my sons family were saddled with cost them most of the downpayment they had saved to buy a house...............oh yea, tell me agin how honorable these illegals are. DEPORT THE LOT OF THEM ALL!!!
I am sorry for what happen to your family. I would never wish for anyone to be hurt. I to have been a victim, I was molested "many" times by white men. To this day I hold a grudge so I know what you mean, but i have to put it behind me and remember not all white men are like that. My point is, there are BAD Americans, just as well and BAD Illegals, you cant judge everyone just because something that one person did. Not everyone is that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,345,692 times
Reputation: 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
Of course that is not why I support it. I am hispanic myself. I am not Mexican but I can feel were they come from, I didnt have alot growing up either and I completly understand why they come here.
So you don't mind paying higher taxes to support them. You don't mind paying higher vehicle insurance because you have to pay for the "unisured motorist" (a large portion of which are illegals). You don't mind overcrowded schools. You don't mind the school budgets being strained by ESL. You don't mind crime. You don't mind people breaking the law for their own personal gain. You don't mind third world diseases returning to the United States. You don't mind hospitals closing due to lack of payment because of the illegals. You don't mind neighborhoods being destroyed by turning them into ghettos. You don't mind these things, but lemme tell ya I MIND THEM! And I am going to do all I can to put a stop to them. I have made it clear to my senators (and I'm starting on yours too) that nothing short of ENFORCING OUR LAW will do. NO AMNESTY EVER AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
 
36 posts, read 59,229 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
I am sorry to inform you that they are not leeches now. They ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. They create nothing. They only come here to live and survive from what is already created by Americans. In fact, the few money the produce, they send it back to mexico; just like a leech suck your blood, or like a parasite suck the savia of a tree. These people cosume American resources giving nothing in exchange; the poor quality of their hand labor is not good deal for us. Our robots could do a more efficient and perfect work.

About trying to imagine being a poor mexican and doing the same, I really doubt it ma'am. There is a very big difference that just a few people is able to see in this world; Americans, and all these people have different brains. In Mr. Rush Limbough words "we are just a different breed" we think 180 degrees opposite; they see the world from a different perspective; they use logic and rational thinking in a different way. Who is right and who is wrong? well I guess History can show what each have achieved.

So trying to put myself in that position is a little hard. You know why? here is a little proof: If you give a mexican 20 acres of a rich productive land, two things can happen: he can starve to death, or he can work for his neighbor who has a big farm. On the other side, if you give 20 acres of the same land to an American, he will work it; he will make it produce, he will survive and will grow by himself. That's how eventually hundreds of neighbors doing the same created little towns, then little cities, big cities, metropolis and so on.

Mexico has probably more natural resources than the USA. The only reason why is so poor, is its people. Simple as that; and I don;t want that kind of people here; we are not forced to receive them. Each society created its own country and each society deserves what they have. Period.
It is not true that immigrants take jobs away from Americans. Here’s why:

· Immigrants do not increase unemployment among natives. A study by economists Richard Vedder, Lowell Gallaway, and Stephen Moore found that states with relatively high immigration actually experience low unemployment. The economists believed that it is likely immigration opens up many job opportunities for natives. They wrote, “First, immigrants may expand the demand for goods and services through their consumption. Second, immigrants may contribute to output through the investment of savings they bring with them. Third, immigrants have high rates of entrepreneurship, which may lead to the creation of new jobs for U.S. workers. Fourth, immigrants may fill vital niches in the low and high skilled ends of the labor market, thus creating subsidiary job opportunities for Americans. Fifth, immigrants may contribute to economies of scale in production and the growth of markets.”

Here’s the truth about immigrants, taxes and the economy:

· All individuals who work in the United States are required to pay federal income taxes. The only exception is if they are exempted due to their level of earnings, a provision of the tax code that results in no taxes, or a bilateral tax treaty.

· Significant total taxes are paid by immigrants. Immigrant households paid an estimated $133 billion in direct taxes to federal, state, and local governments in 1997, according to a study by Cato Institute economist Steve Moore.8

· State level tax payments approximate natives. Immigrants in New York State pay over $18 billion a year in taxes, over 15 percent of the total, and roughly proportional to 3 their size in the state’s population, according to a study by the Urban Institute. Average annual tax payments by immigrants are approximately the same as natives—$6,300 for immigrants versus $6,500 natives.9

· Long-run benefit. The National Academy of Sciences concluded that “Over the long run an additional immigrant and all descendants would actually save the taxpayers $80,000.”

This was all found in the COHO. The Coalition of Hispanic Organizations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:20 PM
 
36 posts, read 59,229 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
So you don't mind paying higher taxes to support them. You don't mind paying higher vehicle insurance because you have to pay for the "unisured motorist" (a large portion of which are illegals). You don't mind overcrowded schools. You don't mind the school budgets being strained by ESL. You don't mind crime. You don't mind people breaking the law for their own personal gain. You don't mind third world diseases returning to the United States. You don't mind hospitals closing due to lack of payment because of the illegals. You don't mind neighborhoods being destroyed by turning them into ghettos. You don't mind these things, but lemme tell ya I MIND THEM! And I am going to do all I can to put a stop to them. I have made it clear to my senators (and I'm starting on yours too) that nothing short of ENFORCING OUR LAW will do. NO AMNESTY EVER AGAIN.
Read below what I posted to EAGLECALL. That is for all of you who really think Mexicans are so bad...
And I am not responding to everything that you wrote, but I will say this:
My two boys go to a predominantly white school in a nice area where we live, there school is so over crowed, that they cant even go to the school in our district. They had to put trailers out side for the 4th and 5th graders because there were too many kids. They have to go to a new school next year. It has nothing to do with Mexicans, there are only maybe 10 in the whole school. So, I dont want to hear about the whole school thing being over crowed with Mexicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,345,692 times
Reputation: 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
It is not true that immigrants take jobs away from Americans. Here’s why:

· Immigrants do not increase unemployment among natives. A study by economists Richard Vedder, Lowell Gallaway, and Stephen Moore found that states with relatively high immigration actually experience low unemployment. The economists believed that it is likely immigration opens up many job opportunities for natives. They wrote, “First, immigrants may expand the demand for goods and services through their consumption. Second, immigrants may contribute to output through the investment of savings they bring with them. Third, immigrants have high rates of entrepreneurship, which may lead to the creation of new jobs for U.S. workers. Fourth, immigrants may fill vital niches in the low and high skilled ends of the labor market, thus creating subsidiary job opportunities for Americans. Fifth, immigrants may contribute to economies of scale in production and the growth of markets.”

Here’s the truth about immigrants, taxes and the economy:

· All individuals who work in the United States are required to pay federal income taxes. The only exception is if they are exempted due to their level of earnings, a provision of the tax code that results in no taxes, or a bilateral tax treaty.

· Significant total taxes are paid by immigrants. Immigrant households paid an estimated $133 billion in direct taxes to federal, state, and local governments in 1997, according to a study by Cato Institute economist Steve Moore.8

· State level tax payments approximate natives. Immigrants in New York State pay over $18 billion a year in taxes, over 15 percent of the total, and roughly proportional to 3 their size in the state’s population, according to a study by the Urban Institute. Average annual tax payments by immigrants are approximately the same as natives—$6,300 for immigrants versus $6,500 natives.9

· Long-run benefit. The National Academy of Sciences concluded that “Over the long run an additional immigrant and all descendants would actually save the taxpayers $80,000.”

This was all found in the COHO. The Coalition of Hispanic Organizations
You can't compare immigrants with illegals; it's two different things. There is no problem with immigrants. There is a problem with illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top