U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What illegal immigration solution would make you happy?
Asset seizure, deport, and lifetime ban from re-entering 38 66.67%
Fine, deport, "punishment" wait period, then re-enter 5 8.77%
Deport, re-entry as processing allows. No violent criminals 11 19.30%
No deport, no fine, process while in US 1 1.75%
Total amnesty. Stroke of a pen makes everyone "legal" 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:55 PM

36 posts, read 59,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
In actuality, I have met illegals who have done exactly that. They have admitted it.
In actuality, I have met AMERICANS that have done the same thing. Your point?

We all have done something Illegal once or twice. Your not perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 05:56 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
Now you are trying to be funny, I am sure I can go back over your post and I am sure you have mispelled some things, lets not get off the subject. Hmm, funny.
I remember now, the subject is criminal activity by illegal aliens.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I remember now, the subject is criminal activity by illegal aliens.
I think you are just bored and I am the only one entertaining you...

Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Quote:

Apples and oranges. Just because we have our own criminals in the United States doesn't mean we need to import Mexico's dredges.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Apples and oranges. Just because we have our own criminals in the United States doesn't mean we need to import Mexico's dredges.
Not all Mexicans do that, just like not all Americans do that....

Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:

It's you're. The study you cite seems to be discussing taxes paid by legal immigrants. This thread is discussing illegal immigrants.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It's you're. The study you cite seems to be discussing taxes paid by legal immigrants. This thread is discussing illegal immigrants.
Then why are people posting things about taxes? They are talking to me about them and I am responding, what is wrong with that?? its a forum....

Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
In fact you posted this to me...

The federal government will pursue an American citizen who fails to pay income taxes to the ends of the earth. You can claim dependants or not claim dependants, what matters is that you pay up come April 15.

So you need to ask your self the same question, why are you talking about taxes, when we are talking about illegal immigrants????

Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
In fact you posted this to me...

The federal government will pursue an American citizen who fails to pay income taxes to the ends of the earth. You can claim dependants or not claim dependants, what matters is that you pay up come April 15.

So you need to ask your self the same question, why are you talking about taxes, when we are talking about illegal immigrants????
You have cited an article that seems to be discussing the taxes paid by legal immigrants presumably to bolster your argument that illegal aliens are paying taxes like American citizens. Many illegal workers are paid under the table so taxes are not taken out. The ones who do have taxes witheld often do not make enough to be required to pay income taxes. Having many dependants also decreases the amount of tax paid.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:30 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
You have cited an article that seems to be discussing the taxes paid by legal immigrants presumably to bolster your argument that illegal aliens are paying taxes like American citizens. Many illegal workers are paid under the table so taxes are not taken out. The ones who do have taxes witheld often do not make enough to be required to pay income taxes. Having many dependants also decreases the amount of tax paid.
Don't forget the Earned Income Credit as well. Illegals can get in the thousands of dollars more than they paid in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or