Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What illegal immigration solution would make you happy?
Asset seizure, deport, and lifetime ban from re-entering 38 66.67%
Fine, deport, "punishment" wait period, then re-enter 5 8.77%
Deport, re-entry as processing allows. No violent criminals 11 19.30%
No deport, no fine, process while in US 1 1.75%
Total amnesty. Stroke of a pen makes everyone "legal" 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 11:47 AM

36 posts, read 65,553 times

Advertisements

Most people hear what they want and shut the rest out.
It's a shock to hear that your government is at fault. The President and Media
wanted to get the War issue off of peoples minds, since the government was
taking a lot of flack from people being so mad about the war, so they decided
to change to the immigrants, let's tackle them and take the peoples minds off
of WAR, they called it a "SMOKE SCREEN", now they've made matters worse for the
illegals. President Bush wants to remain in office so he can keep the WAR
going, he felt that if he could start on the illegals, then if they're made
legal, they would vote for him, cause he knows that anyone else that gets into
office will bring our troops back, and he don't want that, he has promised to
help the immigrants, but they are still waiting, then only Oklahoma had the HB-
1804, to harass the Mexicans, now so many will go into hiding and quit
spending, since they will have to make last minute changes in their lives.
Oklahoma's economy will drop drastically since they have become adjusted to the
money that the Mexicans have spent here. Oklahoma was a DEPRESSION state, but
the Mexicans have put money in here to help keep Oklahoma afloat, plus all of
the other states that have held up Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a "VERY POOR" state
anyway, poor wages have always been here. I wished that for just one month that
all illegals would not spend a penny in America, and only go to Mexican stores
to shop, and see what happens to America the so called "LAND of the FREE" I
think they should "BOYCOT" America. America wouldn't know what to do, and the
prices would jump SKY HIGH in just a matter of a couple of days, then watch all
the so called people haters change there minds, then they would have something
to complain about. Some schools would shut down, even business would shut down,
since they depend on the help and money that the Mexicans provide. produce
would rot, cause no American wants to pick fruits and vegetables, the cost of
lose would triple. In fact, I'm going to start sending messages for the
Mexicans to "BOYCOT" America and show them what they are saying is WRONG to the
HUMAN RACE.

What do you think about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 11:48 AM

No one is treated equally in America, especially since all these groups
complain about everything. Take the rights away from the parents, now the
schools want the problems taken out of schools due to the lack of parenting,
well, if your kids can sue you for a spanking, or restricting your child, then
what choices do you have left? Take the Bible and the Ten Commandments out of
the courts, don't Salute your Flag any more. Stop Smoking, but drink and go
into another establishment and Gun down innocent people or use Drugs and Shoot
the Kids at school because your mad at them. America isn't what it used to be,
when kids could ride in the back of pick-up trucks , laugh and have a good
time, now it's (Let's go see who we can KILL). it's really sad in these times,
but, it shows that OUR GOD is on HIS WAY to SAVE US. The Politicians taking
everything away from the Elderly and the people that are less wealthy is wrong,
but BUSH doesn't want either one of the above mentioned around, he only wants
the Wealthy. The lower class Americans think that the Mexicans take away their
higher paying jobs!, well they need to wake up and SMELL the COFFEE, cause 20
years ago waitress made $1.85 per hour and was TAXED on there tips, today 20
years later, they make $2.15-$2.25 an hour and TAXED on every single guest
check, even if they didn't make any tips from all the tables, the government is
receiving extra TAXES on them., so in 20 years the pay raise jumped to .30 to .
40 cents an hour, WOW, low wages because of Mexicans my FOOT. It's the
"GOVERNMENT" that keeps the wages lower, it started way back in 1952 or 1953,
there use to be BLUE COLLAR workers, RICH workers and WEALTHY workers,
nowadays, you have POVERTY and WEALTHY, open your eyes.. Where is the
Government spending your money, do you know? The Constitution says that every
four years the Government is to PLUBLISH what the Government has spent and what
it was spent on, to this day 53 years later, I have never seen anything showing
where OUR MONIES have been SPENT on, have you? There are Jobs to be filled and
school is about to be out, but there are more jobs than people to fill them, if
the Mexicans are sent back or into hiding, who will fill these added Jobs? Is
America ready to pay the HIGHER cost of living that the Mexicans have kept
lower for your benefits, go ahead and get rid of them, go ahead and Pay Taxes
out the ying-yings, so you'll have something else to complain about, but I
recommend that you stand up to the real problem, and Tackle the Government that
really gets pay raises, the Congress only has to work 4 days out of the year,
and they are paid 6-7 figured salaries, on certain fields of employment gets
the pay raises, look at the teachers, they teach our children, look how long it
took them to get a raise, they aren't illegals. Mc D's is a lower paying job
anyways, crop pickers are lower paying jobs, if you want to do cropping, knock
yourselves out and do it, landscape, construction work, what American can work in the scorching heat all day.
especially on "low" pay and never complain or sue the employer, since the wages
aren't high enough, or they don't get any breaks, go ahead and do those jobs,
but don't complain or sue, just do it, no matter what they pay., be thankful
that you have a job.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:49 AM

All I hear is Mexican this, Mexican that. Its not just mexicans that are here illegal. (remember) yes they are the majority. (your right about the TWIN towers)

Instead of bashing each other on these forums, lets come together and find a way for the ones who are good people, who are here really trying to make a better life and obey the law.

Lets take away the food stamps, the medical, section 8, HUD.. If they want to come here and work, then let them work as long as they obey the laws and pay for their own things. If they break a law, send them back! Its as simple as that.

We have enough of our own people living off of tax payers, (food stamps, section 8, claiming kids that are not there's) yeah our own (legal) people. Were not on here talking about them. Legal people do it enough, we don't need other countries doing it too!

I my self have needed assistance, I went to get it and seen woman in there with NICE cars, NICE clothes, (Gucci bags, that were REAL). Getting food stamps, daycare (free).What ever they needed they got it. They would claim their cousin's kids there sisters kids, you name they would find a way to claim them. I was turned down, because I made too much at the time. I made $19,000 a year with two kids. I was trying, paid my own rent, didn't live in housing, but I was turned away. I just needed a little help. That is what makes me mad. So, lets check our own people, crack down on them and take it away from illegals. Let them struggle like we do. Don't make it so easy, that's why they are all COMING! We make it too easy. That's why our own people take, we make it TOO easy!

I have nothing against Mexican's, my brother in law is Mexican. I am also of Latin decent (not Mexican), I have seen my brother in law struggle, the right way. He owns land, cars, and doesn't ever ask the gov. for anything. He has worked his way up from making 5.00 an hour to 22.00 doing jobs the (white) man wouldn't take. Only getting dirty water to drink and a snickers bar for lunch. He never complained, just did his work. I have seen how is family lives in Mexico, its sad. I see why they come here, but lets not make it so easy. Make them have to work for it. Don't give them our welfare, don't give them our rights. I hope I am making sense.

WAKE UP AMERICA!

Old 06-03-2007, 06:52 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
MrsPR_USA, are you FOR illegal alien amnesty, or do you want them deported? I'm not sure after reading your post.
Quote:
I wished that for just one month that
all illegals would not spend a penny in America, and only go to Mexican stores
to shop, and see what happens to America the so called "LAND of the FREE" I
think they should "BOYCOT" America. America wouldn't know what to do, and the
prices would jump SKY HIGH in just a matter of a couple of days, then watch all
the so called people haters change there minds,
Quote:
So, lets check our own people, crack down on them and take it away from illegals. Let them struggle like we do. Don't make it so easy, that's why they are all COMING! We make it too easy

Old 06-04-2007, 02:04 PM

47 posts, read 129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
All I hear is Mexican this, Mexican that. Its not just mexicans that are here illegal. (remember) yes they are the majority. (your right about the TWIN towers)

Instead of bashing each other on these forums, lets come together and find a way for the ones who are good people, who are here really trying to make a better life and obey the law.

Lets take away the food stamps, the medical, section 8, HUD.. If they want to come here and work, then let them work as long as they obey the laws and pay for their own things. If they break a law, send them back! Its as simple as that.

We have enough of our own people living off of tax payers, (food stamps, section 8, claiming kids that are not there's) yeah our own (legal) people. Were not on here talking about them. Legal people do it enough, we don't need other countries doing it too!

I my self have needed assistance, I went to get it and seen woman in there with NICE cars, NICE clothes, (Gucci bags, that were REAL). Getting food stamps, daycare (free).What ever they needed they got it. They would claim their cousin's kids there sisters kids, you name they would find a way to claim them. I was turned down, because I made too much at the time. I made $19,000 a year with two kids. I was trying, paid my own rent, didn't live in housing, but I was turned away. I just needed a little help. That is what makes me mad. So, lets check our own people, crack down on them and take it away from illegals. Let them struggle like we do. Don't make it so easy, that's why they are all COMING! We make it too easy. That's why our own people take, we make it TOO easy!

I have nothing against Mexican's, my brother in law is Mexican. I am also of Latin decent (not Mexican), I have seen my brother in law struggle, the right way. He owns land, cars, and doesn't ever ask the gov. for anything. He has worked his way up from making 5.00 an hour to 22.00 doing jobs the (white) man wouldn't take. Only getting dirty water to drink and a snickers bar for lunch. He never complained, just did his work. I have seen how is family lives in Mexico, its sad. I see why they come here, but lets not make it so easy. Make them have to work for it. Don't give them our welfare, don't give them our rights. I hope I am making sense.

WAKE UP AMERICA!
All I have to say is AMEN! It's about time we got a decent-minded poster on the immigration forums! Welcome!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:

WAKE UP AMERICA!
I've long said get rid of government handouts and you'll get rid of the illegals (regardless of country) because hunger is a motivator.

Don't get me on my soapbox ...

Old 06-04-2007, 03:46 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I've long said get rid of government handouts and you'll get rid of the illegals (regardless of country) because hunger is a motivator.

Trust me, you're not....because I'm already on it....lol...

Old 06-04-2007, 04:00 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,608 times
Quote:

WAKE UP AMERICA!

What you're saying is just the way is supposed to be, IF the laws were respected and enforced at the begining. However, it wasn't like that, and now we are at the point where our system is broken. we have millions and millions of people inside the country who came in breaking our legal system. Trying to fix this with the people inside, doesn't work. We need to deport them all, reform our immigration system, and then, those who LOVE and ADMIRE this country can come in; that will be determined with the new psychological exams in the new immigration system. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. A crime must be punished. AMNESTY IS NOT RIGHT. They commited the crime; not us. If there are some good ones, then they are more than welcome to stand up for this nation and protect its laws. That will prove they are good.

And that cheap excuse about White not doing specific jobs, it's a lie. I know White people working in any type of jobs. I know Whites cleaning toilets, painting houses, cleaning farms, picking up tomatoes, etc....and they do it way better than these "fallen angels from the sky who came here to do what lazy whites don't want to do"

Maybe Yankees are different, but in the South, American people do and creates everything; and don't need leeches to de their job.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
MrsPR_USA, are you FOR illegal alien amnesty, or do you want them deported? I'm not sure after reading your post.
I want who ever has shown that they are good people and dont break the law to be able to stay, and work on becoming legal, if you read all my post you would know that. What I dont agree with, is the illegal people having our welfare. I think that, welfare is for the americans. I think that, if illegals want to better them selves here, they can work hard and do what most americans have to do in order to make it. My brother in law is mexican, he works very hard doesnt take a hand out from anyone!! he obeys the laws, he is legal now of course, so he is able to have insurance for his car and things that he should have as an american.
Does that clear it up for you??

Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post

My post was not saying, get rid of them. Just dont give them our welfare. they are here so they can work. Thats it, my thing is they dont need the welfare too. We as americans cant barley get it sometimes.
and get on your soapbox, thats what the forums are for, express yourself! We all have our own views on things, thats what makes us so differant. You know???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration