U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2007, 12:54 AM

Location: Headed to the Shangri-La; The Orange County(Huntington Beach or Mission Viejo) this August!
78 posts, read 423,163 times

Advertisements

That's right folks. I snuck right through a border station without documentation..

It was a weekend and my friend and I decided to hit the bars in the fabulous Tijuana, Mexico. We had a wonderful time and met many wonderful ladies. However, we had all of the alcohol we could stomach and returned to our motel. That night, in the Tijuana Motel someone came in through a window and stole our wallets and identification. We were left without passports, driver liscenses, or money. No ID at all! The next morning, we walked to the TJ border station-expecting a long process-and waited in a long line.

We were finally greeted by a border agent and told him that we were robbed. He asked us when we got here, then waved us through. I asked him, "You don't want or social security numbers?" Nope, he waved us through! We could have been White illegal immigrants. Discrimination? or just a porous border? How did he know we were citizens?!

This is real, and happened last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 08:12 AM

592 posts, read 2,531,730 times
Doesn't seem to me you sneaked by...you weren't jumping the fence anyway..oh, I forgot, there is no fence. I've gone through the border at Canada as well as Mexico without having to provide anything to get back into the USA, I think part of it is discretionary on the part of the border agent you get.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 AM

3,306 posts, read 3,324,115 times
White mexicans that can speak perfect english aren't crossing the border illegal, they know this.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:20 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,415,173 times
A couple of years ago, the company I worked for moved a portion of their operation to Mexico and they sent me down to do some training. I stayed on the US side and drove back and forth every day.

In the 6 weeks I made that trip, I was stopped and asked for ID on the Mexican side about 80% of the time. I was only asked for ID on the US side about 6 or 8 times.

Usually they would just ask a couple of questions. Where do you live, what were you doing in Mexico, have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration