Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

The allegations are no surprise. I have always believed that some of these so-called Hispanic advocacy groups are nothing but illegal alien peddlers/profiteers. Yet, they are always portrayed as benevolent humanitarians. I have a feeling this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Quote:
LAS VEGAS - Police served warrants for nine felony counts at the office of the League of United Latin American Citizens or LULAC. The warrants are for nine felony counts related to theft and burglary. Police also raided the home of the group's Nevada director Rene Orozco.

Police served the warrants over allegations Orozco took money from clients who hired him to aid them with citizenship and criminal issues. But, the victims say Orozco pocketed the money without providing any aid. Many of the victims are undocumented immigrants.
Las Vegas Metro Police Raid Office of Latino Civil Rights Group - Las Vegas Now

Quote:
LULAC is the largest and oldest Hispanic Organization in the United States. LULAC advances the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of Hispanic Americans through community-based programs operating at more than 700 LULAC councils nationwide. The organization involves and serves all Hispanic nationality groups.

The LULAC Corporate Alliance, an advisory board of Fortune 500 companies, fosters stronger partnerships between Corporate America and the Hispanic community.
LULAC: About Us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 11:37 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Say it isn't so! An advocate for the "hispanic community" actually stealing from illegal aliens? How very very bizarre!

Maybe they will wake up and realize no one is "fighting for their best interest" and that they are only being used as a political tool for money grubbing losers looking to further their political career, yet tax payers are paving their way. Illegal immigrants are certainly turning into a pathetically ignorant (not realizing) lot.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:51 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Humanitarian groups. Ya, sure. So long as the "group" is Hispanic. If the current waves of millions of Illegal Aliens were from Haiti you wouldn't see one of these special interest groups.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:10 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
There is this thing in this country called Due Process. Even though The Nevada Director is already convicted in the court of public opinion, I'll follow the actual legal procedings...Since those are the ones that actually mater.

And if the Director committed criminal acts against anyone, then he is not above the law and should recieve just punishment.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:21 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
There is this thing in this country called Due Process. Even though The Nevada Director is already convicted in the court of public opinion, I'll follow the actual legal procedings...Since those are the ones that actually mater.

And if the Director committed criminal acts against anyone, then he is not above the law and should recieve just punishment.
Yes, and there is also something referred to as “evidence.†Apparently they had enough to obtain a warrant.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:30 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Now raid the other 699 nationwide.
I wouldn't be surprised if the smugglers that bring illegals in for K's per head are affiliated.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:

Do get too upset against your HEROS. .

Old 03-06-2010, 09:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

If he's even a citizen of the US. If he's a foreign citizen then he needs the due process that should be given to foreigners coming here to break many laws. If he's a dual citizen with another country, that's obviously where his allegience lies.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Humanitarian groups. Ya, sure. So long as the "group" is Hispanic. If the current waves of millions of Illegal Aliens were from Haiti you wouldn't see one of these special interest groups.
No joke.

And; quite frankly; I would have much more heartburn deporting illegal aliens from Haiti since their nation is essentially nonfunctional since their earthquake.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
I decide to take a look at the LULAC website to see if they included this item in their "news" section. Surprise, surprise - no mention! And so I decided to search their site for "Rene Orozco" - I got one hit, indicating the page was last updated March 4 2010 (the day after this story broke) and here's the page:

LULAC: National Board of Directors

If you'll observe, Rene Orozco no longer appears on this page of their website, but apparently is still coming up in their search engine. Looks like damage control to me - I bet the next thing you'll hear is their vehement denial that Orozco ever represented LULAC.

Can't wait till ripoffreport.com's website finishes updating, so I can read the article posted back on January 23rd - it mentions Rene and LULAC specifically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration