Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How does granting an amnesty fix America's immigration problems?
I would say strict enforcement is a good place to start.
Raising the minimum standards would be another item to focus on.
Strict enforcement of our labor laws would be another excellent focus area.
The absolute worse thing would be an amnesty. Rewarding such behavior would only serve to further the problem.
Lets face it would you hire someone who felt entitled to take from you until you hired them? They have already established that they do not care about our laws. Not a good opening statement.
Once again the woman using the race card is part of the problem. These idiots use the race card trying to play upon the PC illness inwhich this country is inflicted with.
No where in that small clip did I hear anyone proclaim Amnesty as a fix or solution. The woman on the clip was chastizing the group in attendance as having KLAN like phobias of illegal aliens...

Mr. Alexander said she and ones like her should go home with aliens and fight for revolution in the home country.

So, Amnesty was not the focus of this clip, niether was the race card.
This whole thread is about both the woman and Mr. Alexander pointing fingers and wasting time to offer real solutions to our immigration problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 12:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
No where in that small clip did I hear anyone proclaim Amnesty as a fix or solution. The woman on the clip was chastizing the group in attendance as having KLAN like phobias of illegal aliens...

Mr. Alexander said she and ones like her should go home with aliens and fight for revolution in the home country.

So, Amnesty was not the focus of this clip, niether was the race card.
This whole thread is about both the woman and Mr. Alexander pointing fingers and wasting time to offer real solutions to our immigration problems.
I disagree. The meeting was conducted to discuss pertinent issues regarding massive illegal immigration. It has become a huge problem in MD, and in most states where illegal aliens reside. Despite the best efforts of pro-illegals, the damage can no longer be denied. The woman disrupted the meeting with her baseless accusations of racism. As long as pro-illegals continue to use the race card as a diversionary tactic, nothing will be accomplished. It only serves to make this an even more contentious debate.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I disagree. The meeting was conducted to discuss pertinent issues regarding massive illegal immigration. It has become a huge problem in MD, and in most states where illegal aliens reside. Despite the best efforts of pro-illegals, the damage can no longer be denied. The woman disrupted the meeting with her baseless accusations of racism. As long as pro-illegals continue to use the race card as a diversionary tactic, nothing will be accomplished. It only serves to make this an even more contentious debate.
Oh so you wont agree because the woman's claims are baseless-and mr.
Alexander's were right on target...no one but the anti-illegal opposition should propose solutions or give comentary.

What does it matter if she plays the race card or advoctes for amenesty? If she is a tax payer, her voice is just as important wether you agree or disagree with her contention.

What is American about shouting a voice down. For the life of me, for Folks that expouse the "Rule of Law", "Freedoms" and "Rights" yet want to silence an opposing view. Is that American Culture?

Argue the woman's contention was false, prove her wrong, but why is her voice any less inportant that anyone elses?

Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Oh so you wont agree because the woman's claims are baseless-and mr.
Alexander's were right on target...no one but the anti-illegal opposition should propose solutions or give comentary.

What does it matter if she plays the race card or advoctes for amenesty? If she is a tax payer, her voice is just as important wether you agree or disagree with her contention.

What is American about shouting a voice down. For the life of me, for Folks that expouse the "Rule of Law", "Freedoms" and "Rights" yet want to silence an opposing view. Is that American Culture?

Argue the woman's contention was false, prove her wrong, but why is her voice any less inportant that anyone elses?
There’s a difference between expressing an opinion, which she is entitled to do, and disrupting a meeting. Furthermore, they were giving participants an opportunity to “ask a question” -- not attack the character of the members.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There’s a difference between expressing an opinion, which she is entitled to do, and disrupting a meeting. Furthermore, they were giving participants an opportunity to “ask a question” -- not attack the character of the members.
sure seem like a lot of rule to speak one's mind... her message got out, because Mr. Alexander got to respond with...take them home with you...Mr. Alexander had his voice heard, no one cut his mic...I not defending the woman, or her message, or that Fake process, I'm just highlighting it.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
sure seem like a lot of rule to speak one's mind... her message got out, because Mr. Alexander got to respond with...take them home with you...Mr. Alexander had his voice heard, no one cut his mic...I not defending the woman, or her message, or that Fake process, I'm just highlighting it.
What "fake" process? This was Q&A. Why do illegals and their sympathizers believe they don’t need to follow the rules? Perhaps this stems from their prolonged defense of lawlessness.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:24 AM

31 posts, read 96,047 times
Whoa! If this is their way of trying to gain support from the African American community they failed miserably. smdh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration