Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle View Post
It was the end of the world for the two Virginia Beach girls that illegal immigrant Alfredo Ramos killed while driving drunk.
What about some unidentified illegal immigrant girls (because clearly, they are not newsworthy) that got killed by some whiteboy mcfly driving drunk? Does that make their lives less valuable? The road is a two way street.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,930 times
I cannot afford to travel or pay smuggler to go to better country like illegals can. I cannot afford a shack with or without land. We have to live in fear of some of the criminal illegals hate toward us in the form of gangs and drug dealers. Many illegals in Ca. now feel we stole their land and hate us and treat us mean, what other reason could it be. The reports on rising gang violence in nice cities and drugs and drug violence increasing is very frightening as are other criminal activities...CA did not used to be like this! Then the middle class are disappearing and the poor are worse off then before living on streets, vehicles, or with others not being able to afford high rents or buy houses. Not able to get good medical care, etc. America is in serious trouble with illegal immigration and it won't be long till America has all the troubles we see in Mexico and So. America if SOMETHING IS NOT DONE TO REVERSE AND SEND BACK ILLEGALS!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 10:45 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Who's justifying illegal immigration? Did you even read what I was saying and quoting? I was saying that even if we sent them back, the utopian image that YOU HAVE will not be realised due to other economic problems and moneyleaks we have in the system. Therefore, YOU using that image as a "promised" result of sending illegals back to their country is simply propaganda because that will NOT happen. Perhaps you are the one that should stop a second and read carefully.

You mean like what the pilgrims imposed on the Native Americans? Or the Spanish imposed on the incans and mayans? Or the French on the Canadians? At any rate, what's wrong with a demographic change? And how is a change in culture considered a destruction and degradation---just because it will no longer be the white man's majority? Oh noes!
You say you are not justifying illegal immigration, but your last paraphraph sounds like you are.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
You say you are not justifying illegal immigration, but your last paraphraph sounds like you are.
So another race with another culture coming into your country = illegal immigration? Wow, I must be an illegal immigrant then! Call the INS!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:42 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,109 times
Quote:
And yet, it is okay to bash "those immigrants" as if they are not humans? It is okay to judge people who have pride for their heritage and somehow insinuate that their perspective is somehow wrong and inferior to the "American" view on multiculturalism and diversity? Interesting indeed.
Being proud of your heritage is fine, just know that when in Rome do as the Romans.

or ...

When in America, be an American and being an illegal is not American.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:39 AM
Xil

118 posts, read 274,226 times
Quote:
What about some unidentified illegal immigrant girls (because clearly, they are not newsworthy) that got killed by some whiteboy mcfly driving drunk? Does that make their lives less valuable? The road is a two way street.
Then he should go to jail and pay for his crime. No one is saying their lives are 'less valuable.' Give me a break. Perhaps if the immigration laws had been enforced, none of these people would have died. We'll never know how it could've otherwise turned out.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:46 AM

20 posts, read 157,219 times
Default Come on

"and know your facts most of the front line soldiers are hispanic....and some even illegal"

Come on lostbuyer......just how do you think they are joining? No documents to prove legality. You might mean they are not citizens...just green card holders. That is far from illegal.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 AM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbuyer View Post
second argument is theyre taking white jobs,do you know anyone whos lost their job to an illegal? i dont....all i could say at least theyre coming here to work..(or stel jobs)and not to steal land....your ancestors might be familiar...
actually i've seen illegals take jobs away by working for about 1/2 the price, plus some of the illegals ive seen are some of the laziest pieces of sh#t out there, cause they think we owe them something for some strange reason. oh and would it hurt to "try to learn" english.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 AM

20 posts, read 157,219 times
Default Ok

"Errr so perhaps I'll get PMs and get branded as a racist then but I'd much rather live among Asians (my race). It has less to do with race than it has to do with culture. I was raised Chinese and thus a lot of my mannerisms, my beliefs, and my lifestyle is stereotypically Asian. I'd like to be able to relate to someone and talk about how I hate one type of mooncake over another than to be in a community where people speak differently than I do, dress differently than I do, and have no idea there are more than just 1 type of mooncake for the Mooncake Festival"

Well, I understand the idea of being amongst people the same.....but we also started this talking of assimulation. Obviously you have assimulated. Your english is impeccable and you ideas free thinking. Go to these places some are talking of...and tell me if you truly see the same desire to assimulate.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:37 AM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,160 times
Please end the personal attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration