Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 AM

270 posts, read 570,672 times

Advertisements

one day might be americans getting treated this way..something to think about..its sad to see so many people talk about other people as if theyre not human....just illegals,just muslims,or whatever else you people hate,these people arent criminals ,just hardworking people trying to feed their children,you would do the exact same thing in their position,theres all this talk of closing borders because of terrorism,all 19 hijackers had legal visas,second argument is theyre taking white jobs,do you know anyone whos lost their job to an illegal? i dont....all i could say at least theyre coming here to work..(or stel jobs)and not to steal land....your ancestors might be familiar...

Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 AM

20 posts, read 157,194 times
Default True

"one day might be americans getting treated this way..something to think about..its sad to see so many people talk about other people as if theyre not human....just illegals,just muslims,or whatever else you people hate,these people arent criminals ,just hardworking people trying to feed their children,you would do the exact same thing in their position,theres all this talk of closing borders because of terrorism,all 19 hijackers had legal visas,second argument is theyre taking white jobs,do you know anyone whos lost their job to an illegal? i dont....all i could say at least theyre coming here to work..(or stel jobs)and not to steal land....your ancestors might be familiar..."

All of that is true Bro.....but is still no defense for entering our country illegally. We are a nation of laws, that is what really what sets us apart from most of the rest of the world.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:25 AM

Default .......

thats what im saying though,its illegal but not in the sense of theft or murder,i have a son and i would do the same thing to feed him,or would you rather not break the law and he starve,they risk their lives crossing the border,they could be out robbing or something,but no they want to work for it...im just saying were all human in the end,but people dont realize it,because of racism,religion,patiotism,and endless other factors ,theirs good and bad people in every race,culture...there just has to be a better way...

Old 06-03-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Agree again

"thats what im saying though,its illegal but not in the sense of theft or murder,i have a son and i would do the same thing to feed him,or would you rather not break the law and he starve,they risk their lives crossing the border,they could be out robbing or something,but no they want to work for it...im just saying were all human in the end,but people dont realize it,because of racism,religion,patiotism,and endless other factors ,theirs good and bad people in every race,culture...there just has to be a better way..."

I agree...SOME... not all enter this country looking to help starving families.....however, I believe most (no stats to back this up) enter looking for a better life. I feel for them, but we have laws and laws must be followed or chaos will surely reign.......just check any thirld world country....they have laws and don't follow them.....and CHAOS does rule.
If people don't like the law, the solution is to change the law....not ignore the law.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:19 AM

398 posts, read 1,409,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbuyer View Post
thats what im saying though,its illegal but not in the sense of theft or murder,i have a son and i would do the same thing to feed him,or would you rather not break the law and he starve,they risk their lives crossing the border,they could be out robbing or something,but no they want to work for it...im just saying were all human in the end,but people dont realize it,because of racism,religion,patiotism,and endless other factors ,theirs good and bad people in every race,culture...there just has to be a better way...

They are not compatible with our society. Plain and simple. I understand their needs, I feel sorry for them, but, I protect first my interests. And my interest in this case is to preserve my country as it is. I do not like to see "cafeterias" in the corners, I don't like to see "taco shops" everywhere, I don't like to hear disgusting foreign music on the streets and I DO NOT TOLERATE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT RESPECT ME ON THE ROAD. All of that is caused because they do not come here dreaming to be Americans. They come here just because they need money. Our money. If they are starving, that's not our fault. They have a piece of land plenty of natural resources to be rich. However, they are poor because of their own culture and way of thinking; and those same characteristics are being imposed here by illegals and legal immigrants from south america, central america, caribbean and mexico.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:24 AM

398 posts, read 1,409,202 times
and forgot to mention. Since you ask if we would do the same for our family. I would see the possibility of relocating to the USA legally with my family, and forget mexico forever because is a disaster due to its people and culture. In that case I would admire American people and of course my dream would be to be an American; for my future, for my family. That's how immigrants used to think. But seems like we are confronting today a primitve form of reasoning.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
They are not compatible with our society. Plain and simple. I understand their needs, I feel sorry for them, but, I protect first my interests. And my interest in this case is to preserve my country as it is. I do not like to see "cafeterias" in the corners, I don't like to see "taco shops" everywhere, I don't like to hear disgusting foreign music on the streets and I DO NOT TOLERATE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT RESPECT ME ON THE ROAD. All of that is caused because they do not come here dreaming to be Americans. They come here just because they need money. Our money. If they are starving, that's not our fault. They have a piece of land plenty of natural resources to be rich. However, they are poor because of their own culture and way of thinking; and those same characteristics are being imposed here by illegals and legal immigrants from south america, central america, caribbean and mexico.
Eaglecall....right on........You are dead on when you say......"they do not come here dreaming to be Americans. They come here just because they need money." Immigrants used to assimulate to our society...now they want to change our society to theirs......I'll die first, not turn and run.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:30 AM

233 posts, read 439,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grngost1 View Post
Eaglecall....right on........You are dead on when you say......"they do not come here dreaming to be Americans. They come here just because they need money." Immigrants used to assimulate to our society...now they want to change our society to theirs......I'll die first, not turn and run.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
And this is one old lady who'll be right on the line with you! Assimilate or get out is my motto! I lived my life with the American Flag as my flag and in this country we speak English, I will not learn another language until I move to another country, you can't understand me, well I know one gesture that is universal that you will understand. You want to live here, do it legally and stop your whining and stop putting your hand out, contribute something, we actually enjoy learning about your culture but don't think for one minute we will let it replace ours, you came here so learn to adapt.

Last edited by mollies mom; 06-03-2007 at 04:53 AM..

Old 06-03-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Ok Mom

"I know one gesture that is universal that you will understand"

Not sure which gesture that is Mom.......hahahaha! I agree with all that you said. Don't mind their culture....just understand this is America......not where they came from.

One thing that makes great countries great...is one common language. The ability to communicate with each other....go figure. English is the language we speak....or our version of it. Look at any country that has multiple languages and I'll show you chaos.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:34 AM

Default ,,,,,,,,,,

(disgusting foreign music)sound like more of a racism issue to me than legal..you wanna talk garbage music look at american music..mariachi is more worldwide known and respected than any american music..mexico for one has a beautiful culture...its not their fault the country is the way it is,its crooked politicians...if washington wanted you living that way,you would and you wouldnt do a damn thing about it...so dont blame the people...but dont worry your getting your chance right know.....lets see if you could change the decay of this country.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration