Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:31 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
All the illegals I know are extremly filled with gratitude. You must not know any, must make it easy to demonize them.
They aren't being demonized because of their lack of gratitude and you know that. They have broken our immigration laws, plain and simple so they set themselves up for demonization by not respecting our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times
Quote:
Well let me point out the value of considering this:threatening to veto a bill in the Legislature that would provide state-funded prenatal care for illegal immigrants.", because it seems to pass you all by. Many things "given" to illegal aliens protect us in the long run and when we are stupid enough to "cut off our noses to spite our face" its sad. If you give any woman, not just illegals, who are pregnant pre-natal care then you cut down on the possibilty of spending money on them later when they go into labor and have a problem. Just like the illegals and the Driver's License issue, some want to revoke and I believe have revoked Driver's licenses for them, Oh Yay, isn't it great to drive around a bunch of people who don't know our traffic laws? Makes me feel much safer-NOT! So when we go into these decision making processes we need to think what does society get out of helping illegals? Not just them, not just you or me but all of us. It makes fiscal and common sense to cover some things.
No, it makes more sense to send them back to their homelands where they can receive pre-natal care on their country's dime, not ours. They can get a driver's license there also.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:37 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,503,336 times
Quote:
Well let me point out the value of considering this:threatening to veto a bill in the Legislature that would provide state-funded prenatal care for illegal immigrants.", because it seems to pass you all by. Many things "given" to illegal aliens protect us in the long run and when we are stupid enough to "cut off our noses to spite our face" its sad. If you give any woman, not just illegals, who are pregnant pre-natal care then you cut down on the possibilty of spending money on them later when they go into labor and have a problem. Just like the illegals and the Driver's License issue, some want to revoke and I believe have revoked Driver's licenses for them, Oh Yay, isn't it great to drive around a bunch of people who don't know our traffic laws? Makes me feel much safer-NOT! So when we go into these decision making processes we need to think what does society get out of helping illegals? Not just them, not just you or me but all of us. It makes fiscal and common sense to cover some things.
No one has even remotely suggested denying illegal aliens prenatal care. However, taxpayers should not be burdened with the costs. If they can’t afford to pay, perhaps they should practice a reliable method of birth control.

If you have no problem footing the bill for their numerous pregnancies, fine. I would prefer my tax dollars be spent on our own needy citizens. I see homeless veterans sleeping on crates, while illegal aliens are receiving everything but the kitchen sink. I have a problem with that.

Quote:
All the illegals I know are extremly filled with gratitude. You must not know any, must make it easy to demonize them.
Oh, but I have indeed encountered enough ingrate illegals to “demonize” them. The entitlement mindset of DREAMies has been a definite eye-opener.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They aren't being demonized because of their lack of gratitude and you know that. They have broken our immigration laws, plain and simple so they set themselves up for demonization by not respecting our laws.
Thank you! They ignore our laws, and march in our streets DEMANDING amnesty, while simultaneously telling us to go to hell. We have been more than generous, and in return, they file lawsuits because hospitals can no longer afford to continue to treat them after having lost millions. So yes, they have earned our disdain.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 AM

50,075 posts, read 46,640,356 times
Quote:
What would make more sense is removing them. By removing them from US soil they are no longer a burden on we tax payers. If you have a leech on you it makes the most sense to remove it, not feed it or wait for it to make more leeches.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,299,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What would make more sense is removing them. By removing them from US soil they are no longer a burden on we tax payers. If you have a leech on you it makes the most sense to remove it, not feed it or wait for it to make more leeches.
Exactly. If a woman in her pregnancy seeks prenatal care here in the US and it turns out she's illegal - well then they should ship her the hell back to wherever she belongs and she can have her baby there. The cost of a plane ticket will NEVER exceed the cost of a delivery, let alone everything else associated with having a child. We have enough of our own on the government teat having babies at taxpayers' expense.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Exactly. If a woman in her pregnancy seeks prenatal care here in the US and it turns out she's illegal - well then they should ship her the hell back to wherever she belongs and she can have her baby there. The cost of a plane ticket will NEVER exceed the cost of a delivery, let alone everything else associated with having a child. We have enough of our own on the government teat having babies at taxpayers' expense.
Absolutely! The cost of airfare would be a one-time expense; whereas, we are spending billions to cover 18 years of welfare, subsidized housing, etc.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:21 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,888,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You've stated that they are ungrateful. So yeah they are being demonized for being ungrateful as well as a myriad of other things. Let's just set the record straight and be honest.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The cost of deportation is VERY high. On average it costs 8k-12k to deliver a child. The average cost of deportation is roughly 22k per person. The assumption made is that said person doesn't come back is deported again. It's not just the cost of the ticket. Legal fees, border agents, admin staff, shelter while processing, food while processing, transport, supplies for admin, supplies for agents.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! The cost of airfare would be a one-time expense; whereas, we are spending billions to cover 18 years of welfare, subsidized housing, etc.
Do you ever go beyond basic assumptions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration